“Great Value, Would Highly Recommend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6001 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #64 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hartford, CT
“Great Value, Would Highly Recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

Stayed at this Extended Stay Deluxe Hotel for four nights. Room had very attractive furnishings, very spacious with kitchen with full size appliances, comfortable queen bed, living room area with recliner, sofa and coffee table and desk area with two chairs and a small table. Facility offered continental breakfast daily with individually packaged bagels, regular coffee (no decaf), oranges and apples. Staff was friendly. Hotel was quiet and located in pleasant office park near I-95 highway. One letdown was that they store trash in the staircase at one end of the building (toward pool end) and it smells really bad. When I mentioned it to the manager upon leaving, he didnt even apologize which was disappointing. Otherwise, two minor issues included a broken toaster and the top lock was broken. They offered to change my room for one with a latch that functioned properly, but I didnt change rooms because I preferred our room (#307) which had two large windows which made the space feel so large and airy. Despite the few items mentioned, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Claremont, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed in Ft. Lauderdale for our Anniversary. We were very pleased with the room, the hotel and the staff. We would definitely ask for Extended Stays again.

Ronnie and Paula Young, Claremont, NC

• Liked — the room was a studio, kitchenette, cable, recliner, just like at home only cleaner
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

I am a business traveler whom has frequent stays at hotels. I had previously stayed at this location numerous times, but recently switched to the hotel chain associated with our corporate office due to company restructuring and new reimbursement policy. The hotel recommended by my employer is a major chain with reputable accomodations. My first few stays at the "recommended" hotel weren't what I expected from a 4 Star Hotel. I was waiting to be awed by guest services, the accomodations, and any other benefits of staying here. After 15 stays with this new hotel, I ended up returning to Extended Stay at my own expense simply because the customer service, comfort, convience, and affordabilitiy I receive from staff and this hotel chain truly exceeds all expectations of guest services. When I arrive at ES I am immediately greeted by guest services by name, unlike the "recommended" hotel in which I encountered the same two reps each time I arrived and was never acknowledged by name. If there is any problem upon arrival or during my stay, it is quickly resolved by the rep or management. This is not only true with me, but also for each guest staying on the property. During my stay at the over-rated "recommended" hotel when I encountered a problem, I was asked to wait until tommorrow and they would address it the next morning. Should you choose to stay longer, not a problem for ES they'll adjust their records and accomodate your request. Not true for the other hotel. When I needed to extend, I was told it could not be done by guest services, that I had to go online a create a new reservation. I should have known there was a catch because when I went online to make the reservation of course the rate had changed and was 1.5x higher than what I was paying even with my coporate discount. From now on I will go with what I know and that is the superior staff, spacious rooms, secure environment within a relaxing atmosphere, and affordable pricing offered by Extended Stay Deluxe Cypress Creek.

• Liked — Spacious Rooms with fill kitchen, DVD Player, Secure Inclosure of Rooms
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
haddonfield nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

This was booked as part of a last minute deal on Travelocity. We were on a late flight-which was part of the package, of course so they theoretically knew what time we would arrive. The paperwork had my name on it, but a New York City address, though I live in another state and have not lived in New York for almost 50 years. The employee who eventually came to the door barely spoke English-she was Haitian, apparently right off the boat-luckily my wife speaks French, but the employee also did not have any information about this being prepaid, and in general was difficult and somewhat obtuse to deal with. The hotel itself is ok, room was clean, pool area too and of course it does have a working kitchen, though there was only one pan of any kind! The desk staff was largely clueless every time we asked them anything, not just the lady who checked us in.

• Disliked — Unreponsive, unrpofessional front desk help.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Buffalo, N.Y.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

When me and my girlfriend arrived at this hotel, the outside was well maintained. The front desk was very helpful when we came in, in getting us our room pretty quick. Although, the T.V. was broken and it seems as if someone was just in the room, right before we arrived. We went back to the front desk, and they moved us immediately, no questions asked. The rooms seemed like they need a bit more attention to cleaning, and some things seem like they needed to be replaced, such as cabinet handles and such. Anyhow, it's alright for a one or two night stay, but more than that is a bit much. Staff seemed friendly, but when we were going to check out, there was no one around for a good 15 minutes. They are pretty good on making you feel satisfied, so they've got that going for them. They just need a hotel makeover. It's more of a studio apartment than anything, with a lot of tenants in and out, if that gives you an idea of the place. I didn't get a look at the pool or workout room if they had one....

• Liked — Staff.
  • Disliked — Hotel needs to be made over.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

a little far from beach or downtown if you care. However, it's only about 10 mins drive to those place.

Judy, the lady at front desk is very patient and helpful. Thank you very much

Like it has the kitchen and cookware, very convienient.

AC, shower, internet, everything works fine. Quiet as well.

Only drawback is that the coach in my room doesn't look very new or clean. The Bedding or carpet are not top notch either, but you get what you paid for.

In generally, I will consider coming back next time.

Stayed April 2008
Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2008

What a headache. You have to pay for internet access. So I did. But couldn't log on. They explained they reset the system and it will come back on line. It didn't. Called in the AM. Same response. Never got access. When I complained the front desk person said "What a bummer". Indeed.

Also at 5:30 am I could hear the employees in the breezeway communicating back and forth on the NEXTEL walky talkies. Loudly! Terrible.

The room was fine - For a property that seems new it has a lot of chips, scratches and sloppy repairs.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way

Address: 6001 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
#12 Best Value Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#64 Top resorts Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Fort Lauderdale-Cypress Creek Hotel Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.