Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6001 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #66 of 132 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Lincoln, Nebraska
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had stayed at another Extended Stay property in Ft. Lauderdale a few years ago and was underwhelmed. When Hotwire assigned me to this property, I wasn't thrilled but could hardly complain about the price. One has to expect to forgo daily maid service and other typical amenities. You are advised to bring your own toiletries, although bars of soap, etc. are available at the front desk. One can also exchange sheets and linens and make re-make your bed. Since mine was only a 6-night stay, I couldn't complain. Having a car is certainly an advantage as there are no nearby stores (the property on No. Andrews in FLL had a 7-Eleven across the street). However, one can cope if you're a plan-ahead type. Some guests, alas, don't quite "get with the program" and will leave their trash out in the hall for disposal which can be annoying (and smelly).

I'm happy to report, however, that this property was much better than I'd anticipated. It's located just off I-95 and one can walk to the commuter rail station and catch frequent trains to Miami and West Palm Beach. The sound-proofing is excellent. The only outside noise I ever heard was from the train whistles (a common complaint from guests at the nearby Sheraton Suites) and private jets taking off from the nearby business airport. However, these are mainly daytime intrusions and I found any traffic noise to be negligible. The room was spacious, the queen-sized bed blessedly firm ("pillow top" mattresses drive me nuts), the closet space very generous, the work space adequate, and the sizeable kitchen fully stocked. There was lots of light from two large windows and an LG flat screen TV with 3 different Showtime channels and a full complement of ESPN channels as well.

There is a small outdoor pool, a teeny exercise room (whose mirrored wall does nothing to make it seem larger), and a laundry with several washers and dryers. The ice and vending machines (and a rack of brochures of local attractions) are also in this card-entry room as well. Parking is certainly adequate and the immediate area abounds in restaurants of all types. However, car-less, I still found it very easy to order delivery of excellent pizza and Chinese food (thanks to the recommendations of the friendly front desk staff).

In terms of bang-for-the-buck, this was a pleasant surprise. Convenience and quiet are two great attributes of ANY lodging and this one delivers nicely on both counts. My only complaint is there was not even ONE computer available for guest use. Yes, I know that business travelers who frequent places like this have their own laptops. But there are still a few of us techno-dinosaurs who find an in-house computer to be useful.

Room Tip: Unless you travel with your own laptop, forget it here. And the Broward Co. library system budget h...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our spacious rooms, fully equipped kitchens, comfortable beds, and the location of our hotel.

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Drug dealers, crackheads, prostitutes trucks running outside your room all throughout the night, Absolutely a nightmare, incompetent staff the list could go on forever. Do yourself a favor and never stay at this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Comfortable, quiet, clean, full kitchen, Free WiFi, good price, nice staff. I spend there over a month since October, 2013 until November, 22th. Friendly staff all the time. Next month I'll stay there again, for the 3rd time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Merrimack, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Comfortable, spotlessly clean, quiet, courteous staff, full kitchen, and most important for a budget traveler, affordable. Booked through Hotwire and couldn't have asked for more at twice the price (which was much less than $100/night). Pet friendly, a bit pricey at $25/day but I can almost understand why, this place is spotless. About a 10 mile drive to south Fort Lauderdale beach but still ideal for extended vacation or long weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you've enjoyed our staff and our clean, comfortable, and quiet rooms .

Us/Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have read through some of the reviews, the negative ones as well.
As a hotel owner having my hotel reviewed online as well I give this place an honest 4.5-5 stars.
For some of the negative reviews I can understand some people may of had a bad day, unreasonable expectations etc.
But overall I can say this and please understand it is not reflected as an opinion of paying $150 a night, it is reflective of paying a much lower rate found online.

Noise--- This place is built like a Sherman Tank, despite the planes taking off I hear zero and also hear nothing from upstairs, beneath or in my hallway...Very quiet.

Hot water--- Always hot and always available at anytime.

Furnishings-- Clean new bed with new linens, nice sofa, flat screen tv and free wifi. A phone in my room with free calls and ample towels.

Kitchen---Full size oven and fridge, some utensils are scarce but available upon request.
More than expected for what I paid.

Breakfast--- Basically fruit and coffee, not great but remember this place offers full kitchens and long term occupancy.

Service--- Everyone was smiling from the front desk to the cleaning staff, let me stay 3 hours longer after check in and offered room service. I could not complain, all my needs were met 100%

Overall this place offers a super quiet, fairly newly renovated large studio with excellent customer service.

I will book again forsure, it was better appointed, cleaner and offered nicer rooms than many $200 a night places.

As for the negative reviews, please read them and judge for yourself..Some people are difficult and some might have experienced a bad situation, as for mine..I cannot complain about anything other that a quieter fan in the bathroom, that's it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel and our staff. I'm so pleased to hear that you've enjoyed not only our full size kitchen, comfy bed,grab-n-go breakfast but our smiling staff.

Tamarac, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel has wonderful staff, and it is nice to get a room with a full sized kitchen. However it was dirty. The bathroom was dirty and the tub needed a good scrubbing. The pool had sand, dirt and leaves in it and the hotel smelled on every floor like rotting meat and sour milk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had with cleanliness. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are paying special attention to the areas you specified. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Also thank you for the good comments about the staff.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at flc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I booked a room here online a few hours before arrival, BIG MISTAKE! First off I booked at the wrong hotel (my mistake...I thought I was booking at the one on Andrews... I went to the one Andrews and gave the confirmation # and was told i booked the wrong Hotel. Good customer service would've been to switch me to that hotel. So I drive a mile to the correct hotel. At this point its after 12am....We were greeted by a bumbling housekeeper that barely spoke a word of english and even with a paid confirmation number were told we couldn't check in, BECAUSE "THE FWONT DESK PEOPLE HAD GONE HOME FOR THE NIGHT, AND SO DID THE MANAGER"....We thought she was joking and asked for the manager, she promptly came back with a comment like "DO WE WANT TWOUBLE (not mispelled)....we decided to stick around in the lobby while we phoned the reservation line.....60-90 mins later we got it resolved and drove over to the other hotel on Andrews, and after minor delay actually got into a room around 2:30am. All this being said, dont waste your time at this POORLY managed hotel, save yourself the time and "TWOUBLE" and book at the one on 5851 N Andrews, Ive stayed there a couple of times....the people are courteous and helpful, the rooms are clean and its an overall great value!

Room Tip: Stay at the extended stay down the street 5851 N Andrews ave
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It was disheartening to read that we were unable to check in to our location; however, I am so pleased that we were able to accommodate you at our other location. We will be working with our overnight staff to ensure they are knowledgeable of check-in procedure and better able to assist guest.

Thank you again for your review. We hope that you will allow us to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way

Extended Stay Deluxe Fort Lauderdale-Cypress Creek Hotel Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay Deluxe Fort Lauderdale-Cypress Creek Hotel
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay
Address: 6001 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
#12 Best Value Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#66 Top resorts Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.