You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6001 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #78 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A GOOD STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We are completing our 90 day stay, we arrived in the beginning of July. We had a very pleasant experience. The area was quiet, and the staff here was continuously supportive and helpful. My husband and I were very surprised, and found ourselves being very thankful for this hotel as we were in transition of finding work and a new home. We spent a lot of our summer time by the refreshing pool, and we often ate our dinners together by the pool patio. The hotel provided a very nice grill. Our children enjoyed these times by the pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Rick - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here for the past 3 months at our hotel and were happy with the Staff and the Faculties. I happy that we got to be your "Home away from Home! I hope that you will your new home here in Ft Lauderdale.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Alton, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very nice rooms with a full kitchen stove with oven and a full size fridge. The room is separated into sections giving it homely feel. The staff is very friendly and helpful.it could use a computer center with a printer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that enjoyed our rooms and the set up. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Rooms always smell like someone has smoked in them or cooked with some strong spice. Generally quiet, but the in-room AC units are very loud and make it hard to hear the TV. Check-in took forever, and for some reason the irons always look like someone made grilled cheese sandwiches with them. The free breakfast is a joke--basically vending machine muffins and coffee.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Morrisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife, I and twelve other family members stayed here while attending our Family Reunion. Everything was nice and the staff made you feel welcome. I suggested this to my family and they were very happy with the accomodations.

Room Tip: Very good value for the money.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ManagerFLC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I Thank you for taking the time out and posting a review. I am so pleased to read that you and your family had a great stay. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future. thanks again from myself and my entire staff hereat extended stay america.
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

this location has all the Amenties is in a Corp location or Business many shops nice restaurant within a few mile very Quite area I would and will stay here again. This location is the better one upgrade if u can u wont be disappointed at this location i can tell u that much i just was so satisfied .

Room Tip: If you are bringing kids a pool is here if you work out u can here laundry room and also u can cook...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Jacquee - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. As well, I am so glad that you liked your room and our convenient location.

Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Overall it was an excellent choice though it was my first time at this chain. Would definetly come back and stay. The staff was very polite and helpfull and even got an upgrade offer which I took and it was worth it and it only cost a couple of $$ more!!
The room and bathroom were clean and well kept.
Don't expect much from the grab and go breakfast bar, it's just OK.
All in all it was a pleasent stay.

Room Tip: If travelling with family book the Deluxe suites from the corners
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with our staff and the condition of your room. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us.

South Royalton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading a few negative and positive reviews on trip advisor, I was left a bit confused as to what we should expect. I was pleasantly surprised!

I will try to comment on all of the negative comments I read on this site. Since most of them were inaccurate portrayals of an overall very comfortable and secure location.

Location

Within walking distance of the TriRail system. It is easily accessible by car. There is plenty of parking that is well lit at night time. The only issue with the parking area is when we were leaving with our stroller in the morning, the handicap off ramp to get off the sidewalk was blocked by a motorcycle that had been parked on the handicap marked road walkway. It would be nice to ask guests/staff not to block this, since it is the only off ramp along the sidewalk.

Desk Attendents

The evening check in desk attendant, Rick, was phenomenal! He greeted us at 10:30p with a cheerful hello and asked about our trip getting to the hotel. Check in was a breeze, since we had used priceline, all that was required was an ID and credit card for incidentals. He invited us to let him know if we needed anything else. He even gave us microwave popcorn and a few essential items I had forgotten!! When we were ready to venture out for food, he happily showed us on a map where we were and gave us directions to where we could go.

Later that evening I needed sheets for the pull out sofa, most hotels have those items in the closet, this location did not. A different attendant was on for the late night shift. She was definitely not as cheerful as the previous attendant, which was unfortunate. She was checking in a guest and did not even acknowledge my presence until 15 minutes later when she completed the guests check in. Which seemed to take quite a bit longer than it should have taken. (Approximately 20-30 minutes, based on what I overheard the clerk and guest say) When I was able to ask her for the sheets, she did appologise for not greeting me stating "she thought I was with the guest she was checking in". Not sure how that confusion occured since I came up to the desk several minutes after the guest, from the interior of the building and not through the front door. I told her I needed sheets for the bed and that I was trying to get my kids to sleep after our long trip (it was 20 minutes to midnight), another guest interrupted my request to ask for change. She then had to repeat my request 3 times after being interrupted again. Overall I think this experience was a bit annoying. But I chalk it up to this being typical late night staffing. 30 minutes to get sheets, that should already be in the room to make up the pull out bed, unacceptable.

In the morning the staff were all very cheerful and friendly! Jeans and Rick (maintenance) had very positive interactions with everyone. Even the guests greeted each other in a friendly manner. I sat out in the lobby to eat my breakfast and had a wonderful conversation with the staff and guests about various things. Overall the customer service was great!!

Amenities and Security

The breakfast was a bit lacking (Coffee, Tea, Breakfast bars, oatmeal, fruit.) This could easily be improved by adding a small refrigerator (for milk, yogurt and juice) and cereal station, there is space on the counter for this addition. I did mention this to the front desk attendant, who seemed very receptive to the suggestion and said she would pass the information on to the manager. The pool is outdoors, clean and free of debris with plenty of deck seating and towels. The laundry room onsite was well lit and room key accessible only. There were several vending machines and laundry supplies available. It would be helpful to add a change machine or provide the late night attendant with a way to give small amounts of change, since this was an issue for one late night guest trying to use the machine. At one point I overheard a guest needing to replace their room key. The attendant promptly asked for ID and verified the guest information. During the check in process we were also asked for ID's. I did not feel in danger at any point in time during our evening check in process. The front entry was well lit and welcoming. There is a phone to call the late night attendant for entering the building to check in. Other than that a key is required to enter the building after 11p and from any of the side entrances 24hrs a day. The property overall was very secure and well lit. Key cards are required for laundry and fitness room access.

Room

The bed was very comfortable and had nightstands with lamps on both sides. Since my little kids are rollers, I used the sofa cushions to make mini beds with sheets and they were very happy! The room we had, a deluxe, was enormous with a full kitchen (refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, great counter space, toaster and coffee maker. ) All in clean and working order. There is a breakfast bar with stools, a sink and some utensils, cookware, cups and dishes. All clean and all in usable condition. The sink even has a Culligan water filter attached! That is the first time I've seen that in a hotel. The bathroom was clean and filled with typical amenities (shampoo, a massage bar bath soap!!, hand bar soap, lotion.), plenty of towels, a full pressure adjustable shower head (non detaching), full bathtub with new curtain. The little living room area was complete with a huge flat screen TV with remote, pull out sofa bed, coffee table, table lamp and really comfortable reclining chair. The sofa mattress was horrible, but after mentioning this to the maintenance guy (the next morning), Rick??, he happily searched for a replacement. There is a small "office" desk set up, with rolling chair, lamp, phone and plenty of laptop space. There were numerous electrical outlets throughout the room, including one above the breakfast bar counter!! The closet doors are full length mirrors with lots of shelf space in various heights, ironing board, iron and extra pillows. Would be nice if there were extra sheets and blankets for pull out, to avoid the issue mentioned previously with acquiring them from front desk. There is an entryway with large dresser and lamp. There is plenty of space to put things away during a stay. There are blackout curtains that worked well. The air conditioning was quiet and operational. There is plenty of lighting placed strategically throughout the room. This allows one to work at the desk and keep the bedroom nook relatively dim. Overall the room was comfortable, spacious, clean, well lit/dim as appropriate, cool/warm as required and quiet.

I would say that overall the negative reviews must be for one of the other locations up the street. Because they do not seem to match the location. There are 2 other Extended Stay hotels in the area.

The location price per night is cheaper if you stay for more than a week, understandable. For the price paid on priceline, I think we got a great value! The listed price is even competitive to hotels of similar caliber. Even though the "free" breakfast could be a bit more substantial, compared to other hotels in this star rating who also offer breakfast, I think it was a great value.

Overall Hotel Review

Overall this hotel offers a lot of amenities and comforts in a friendly, safe location that I would definitely recommend to friends and family. We would come back to this location again.

Great job!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer and how friendly our staff is at the hotel. It was wonderful to have you visit with us!

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way

Address: 6001 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #78 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Fort Lauderdale-Cypress Creek Hotel Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.