“Average Hotel Room w/Kitchenette” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way

You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6001 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #77 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Average Hotel Room w/Kitchenette”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My queen bed studio (NOT a suite) room was an average size and would be tight for 3 or more persons with a kitchenette which included a 4 burner range, full size fridge, microwave and sink but the room furnishings and bathroom fixtures were somewhat worn, particularly the recliner and tub.The 40 in LCD TV included free Showtime and a DVD player. The hotel staff was friendly and check-in was uneventful. Free parking was nice and finding a space close to an entrance was not be a problem, but minimal housekeeping will cost you $3/day if you are staying less than a week, and basic Wi-Fi is $4.99, although you can upgrade the connection speed for an additional charge. Noise from the hall was an issue, and might be a problem for light sleepers. The bed was a little soft and the pillows were unsupportive. The location is a 10 minute drive or so from downtown Ft. Lauderdale, and quite far from the beach. There are plenty of places to eat and a Wal-Mart within a 3 mile radius, but walking is not recommended as the area is not pedestrian friendly. At just $60/night for a 3-day holiday weekend stay, it was a real bargain although some of the extra charges do reduce its value. This hotel is recommended if you are looking for clean basic no frills accommodations with a kitchen, but if you are a business traveler used to Residence Inn type rooms, you will probably be disappointed.

Room Tip: The hotel is set far back from the main road, so getting a quiet room should not be a problem.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed here for a week and this is a nice simple hotel for the price compared to other hotels in the area. They also offer the grab&go breakfast which I haven't seen in any other extended stay hotels usually.

The big drawback is the internet connection -- it's really not 'high-speed'. But it is decent if you just need to check emails etc...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Where should I start? Well, let's start at the beginning with the driving instructions from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to the hotel. The instructions provided by the hotel are wrong. There is no I-95 West (take 595 West). After wasting more than 30 minutes trying to find the hotel because of the wrong directions, when I got to the hotel I received surprise number 2.
The hotel lists "free Wifi high speed internet". Well, the internet is neither free nor high speed. The girl at the hotel reception said she had worked there for more than a year and has always charged customers 4.95 a day for internet access. Eventually I was able to show her the internet page that lists free internet as one of the hotel's amenities. I do not like having to argue with hotel employees.
In addition, the hotel does not provide any luggage carts. You will have to carry every bag by hand, up the stairs and down the hall. How can a hotel not offer luggage carts to at least help you get your luggage to your room? There is a sign on the outside door which warns customers not to leave anything in your car because it will be stolen. So, all luggage needs to be taken to your room and I hope you don't mind carrying all your bags to your room by yourself....no help from the hotel and no luggage cart. I honestly can't remember ever staying in a hotel that does not have luggage carts.
Back to point number 2.....the internet is not high speed. It took me more than 25 minutes to obtain internet access. I had to call tech-support 3 times before getting on the net. Then the next day, I was unable to conduct a business meeting on the internet because there were so many problems with the connection. This was an extremely important business meeting.
This is how I make a living! When I called tech support again and informed the tech guy that I was in the middle of a important business meeting that is being disrupted by continuous disconnections, he said he would fix the problem and call me back. 40 minutes later (my meeting is over), the guy calls me back and wants me to shut off my computer and login again (the first time that process took more than 25 minutes and required 3 phone calls). My sales lead in China got so irritated with the constant disconnections that she cancelled the rest of the meeting and the last words I heard from her were something about "America....". Of course, I could not hear what she said because the connection was so pathetic. I am quite sure that I have lost that sale and it is all because of the pathetic internet service from this hotel.
I pay my rent with sales. I buy food for my kids with sales. I pay for their school and books and put shoes on their feet with sales. I needed that sale. If you are a business professional and you need the internet...do not stay at this hotel.
I will also add that I hope you don't get hungry after 8 p.m., because the hotel offers no food service after 8. One last thing, the thermostat on the wall in the room has nothing to do with the air conditioner or heating. You can adjust the settings on the thermostat all you want, but if you want the temperature in the room to change you have to changes the settings on the air conditioner/heating unit yourself...the thermostat does not work.
I will never stay at this hotel again. One of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We needed a place to stay the night before our flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. We chose this place because it was only $50 a night. The lobby looked nice and the staff was very friendly, so we booked it. Parking was great, and not a problem getting an upclose spot at all. When we got up to the second floor where we were staying, it had an awful smoke smell. The room was an efficiency, and was neat and appeared clean. The shower pressure was great, so no complaints there. The AC was horrible and would turn on and off ALL NIGHT LONG. We had it turned down to 65 and it was so hot in there. The noise kept us up all night. Not to mention the walls and floors were so thin we could hear everyone around us who seemed to be up partying all night. This seemed more like a hotel to stay at if you were drunk and couldn't drive home, or just wanted to rent it out for a few hours. Maybe if the AC worked and it was a bit quieter I could see someone staying here briefly for business, but I will never take the chance again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Needed a Hotel for one night stay prior to going on a Cruise. Read several crazy reviews about this Hotel and was skeptical at first. Many people sighted having to park so far away from their room and that it was a bad area. The price was great and it was only for one night so I booked the room. I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel was great. Had parking right up to the hotel all the way around the building, it was in a residential neighborhood with a 7-11 across the street. Receptionist was as sweet at pie and check in and out were quick. Room was clean, no bugs, and a nice size. Not sure where these other comments were coming from but my experience was a pleasant one.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

This hotel (if you want to call it that) is one of the worst places I have stayed to include the SLUMS! The project housing complex where I lived as a kid was so much better.

Here's why:
Check-in was a mess - the manager's 8 year old son was behind the counter aggravating the hell out of the front desk guy. It took all he had in him to keep from slapping the kid. The kid's mom came from the back and did not say a single word to the kid. So I did-

Room - Old the smell of cigarettes overtook me the moment I walked into the room. The bathroom was dirty - tub, toliet and the floor. The room was cold as ice after the sunset and get this - THE HEATER WAS BROKEN. The office closed at 11pm so there was no one come and look at it or to move me into another room. The next morning, I told the front desk and the young lady was simply outstanding (sorry can't use her name in TA), but she made it her business to get me another room. It took until after 3pm, but I got another room. PROBLEM with the second room - oops I meant problems: The floors had not been vacuumed, there was food and debris under recliner. I just happen to have dropped my pen and it rolled under the chair. It was NASTY! The bathroom sink faucet handle literally broke off when I lifted it up to use the water. To make matters worse, the sink was clogged and I could not get the dirty water I used from shaving to go down the drain. What a freaking nightmare.

NOISE: DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU PLAN TO SLEEP. Lucky (if you want to call it that) for me I travel with earplugs and that I have a full schedule of outings on this trip. Otherwise the noise from free way, roadway, and foot traffic would have prevented me from getting a good night's sleep. I put the TV on and turned the volume up loud enough to drown out the other noises. Just horrible.

Service - What the hell is that? You'd get better service at a homeless shelter. The housekeepers and maintenance staff were very slothful and had a freaking attitude when they were asked for anything. Just bring your own - EVERYTHING. Better yet, just dont stay here at all.

This "motel" is on the same scale or worse as Motel 6 or Super 8. Stay here at your own peril.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed here for about a month for work. Though it is right next to the airport and train station, you can not hear any of it in your room. Everyone that I came across on the staff was very friendly, i liked our maid Ms. Betty, she was a sweetheart. The rooms were clean and spacious, compared to most extended stay hotels.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way

Address: 6001 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #77 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Fort Lauderdale-Cypress Creek Hotel Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.