“Exactly as Advertised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premiere Hotel

You added Premiere Hotel to your Saves list
Premiere Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3110 Belmar Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #5 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Exactly as Advertised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a simple 1960's built hotel with an excellent location and hosts. If you're looking for luxury, go one block down the street to one of the chain hotels and pay double the price. The hotel is dated but absolutely clean and everything works. The rooms are spacious and include a fully functioning kitchen which helps keep the high price of eating out down to a minimum. Parking is below the hotel, a narrow entrance and exit so be careful if you have a big car or you might leave part of it on the wall. However, the host Federico or Fred is most willing to park your car for you as well as helping out carrying luggage, directions, etc. When I'm back in Ft. Lauderdale, this is where I'll stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the partial ocean view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Thirty years ago my sorority sisters and I spent spring break in Florida. We had a great time together enjoying the sun, sand and each other. It was fun but not overly wild. It is now 2013 and three of my sorority sisters and I decided we wanted to revisit that trip in a more mature way. Two of us have daughters who are in college. Our daughters are close friends and have been particularly stressed with school work. They wanted to spend time together in the sun relaxing.

This is where the Premiere Inn comes in. We were looking for a relatively quiet hotel, that was reasonably priced, with a retro Florida feel but modern comforts and conveniences. The Premiere Inn offered it all. As we checked in, we were greeted by Federico. He is charming, helpful and kind. We were checked in to room 307, a two bedroom unit in the top corner of the building. The room is bright, cheery, CLEAN and oh so perfect for our needs. In included two full bathrooms. Federico and another man who appeared to be a relative, carried our bags up to the room as this hotel has no elevator. We were not bothered by this as we dined at great restaurants and welcomed the walk to our room after.

We arrived at around 7:00 p.m. and before we headed to dinner, we each plopped on one of the beds. If you have enjoyed the comforts of the Marriott Bed, the Westin Heavenly bed or any other high end mattresses at hotels, you will love the comfort of the Premiere Inn’s beds. They are brand new and so comfortable! The linens are crisp and white and the duvet is lovely. Top it off with comfortable pillows and a good night’s sleep is assured…well almost…please keep reading!

If there is a disappointment (that may be too strong of a word) it is the bathrooms. They are clearly clean but they retain the fixtures of a by-gone era…namely the 1950s when pink tiles and green tubs and toilets were all the rage. Again, it was a very clean bathroom but it needs updating. I suspect that such updates are on the way.

The kitchen is nicely stocked (full refrigerator, full stove/oven, microwave, coffee maker with filters, blender, dishes, pans, cups and glasses –no wine glasses-, utensils for cooking) . When we arrived, a couple of items were missing though. The kitchen did not have any dishwashing soap or any dish rag or sponge to wash dishes. No worries, Federico to the rescue. When we asked for these items, he promptly provided them to us.

Each day housekeeping comes to the room to replace the beautiful, white, thick bathroom towels. The beds are made daily but not changed during our stay. This was fine with us but travelers should be aware of this.

The hotel does not permit college students to check in to the hotel unless accompanied by someone over 25 years of age. In other words, the guests at this hotel are respectful and quiet. Unfortunately, the neighboring hotel seems to be a haven for college students. In our case, Indiana University students. Overall they were clean cut and well behaved but they had a propensity for yelling for their friend Scott at about 4:00 a.m. each day. As sorority sisters and mothers, we couldn’t decide if we should intervene to check on Scott or enjoy the fact that we remember fun times together years ago. Each night, Scott slept on a mattress on the balcony of his hotel room where he slept until 1:00 p.m. We are curious about the memories Scott will have of this trip! The new very quiet air conditioning systems at the Premiere Inn did not drown out the noise from the IU parties. So, we asked Federico if the hotel had any fans that we could use to create white noise so that the IU party couldn’t be heard. Of course, the answer was YES! The fan did the trick. We were able to sleep well even if Scott in the hotel next door could not. According to Federico, the college students are a bother during the middle part of March when most colleges have spring break. Again, overall I was impressed with the IU students and the college student noise did not in any way degrade our wonderful vacation. It just wasn’t that bad.

Things to know before you arrive at the Premiere Inn. The hotel does not provide shampoo, soap or lotions. Nor are the bathrooms equipped with hairdryers. Make sure you bring your own. Before you buy beach chairs check with Federico. Previous guests frequently leave their chairs and they may be available. If you need to buy them, drive north to Sunrise Blvd, turn left, cross the bridge and a Pathmark and CVS are located there where chairs are only $10.00 a piece. We didn’t know this at the time we checked in, but the hotel provides beach towels, you just need to request them at the front desk. The hotel does not put any of this information in the room nor is provided when you check in. They offer so many amenities that it would be wise for them to create an amenity card or notebook for each room. This should include items they will provide if asked as well as instructions on how to use the remote control for the HVAC units in the rooms. Yes, we needed instructions! Federico, of course, respectfully instructed us and didn’t embarrass us for our ignorance! The point is, if you need something, before you buy it, ask! They probably have it and will cheerfully offer it to you.

This is a great hotel for those looking for an updated retro hotel offering quiet comfort and exceptional service. Located only one block from the beach, it is an ideal getaway for a relaxing retreat. I can’t wait to return!

Room Tip: The only reason sleep quality was impacted was because of the college student guests at the hotel ne...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

The Premiere Hotel is located in a privileged location just a few meters from the sea, is run by two amazing people, father and son, and have each guest with the best service, help you in everything you need, with regard to the rooms you have several options to choose from, from small to large, which have two double beds, full cociona, microwaves, dishes and cutlery, coffee maker, to blender, oven and refrigerator, the truth you walk and you feel and make you feel at home . And if you give them time can choose a room with sea view, that is priceless, the truth had an excellent time, that place where there is the Hotel has everything on its outskirts, you need not travel far to find something, I recommend it 100% .. It is the third time, I'm going and I'll keep going.

El Hotel Premiere se encuentra en un lugar privilegiado a pocos metros del mar, esta atendido por dos personas increíbles , padre e hijo, y tienen con cada huesped la mejor atencion, te ayudan en todo lo que necesites, con respecto a las habitaciones tenes varias opciones para elegir, desde pequeñas, hasta grandes, las cuales tienen 2 camas matrimoniales, cociona completa, horno microondas, platos y cubiertos, cafetera, hasta licuadora, horno y heladera, la verdad que entras y te sentis y te hacen sentir en tu casa. Y si avisas con tiempo podes elegir unas habitaciones con vista al mar , que eso no tiene precio, la verdad la pasamos excelente, ese lugar en donde esta ubicado el hotel tiene de todo en sus alrededores, no necesitas viajar muy lejos para buscar algo, lo recomiendo 100%.. Ya es la tercera ves que voy y voy a seguir llendo, por algo van personas de todas partes.

• Stayed March 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stood at the Premiere Hotel several times. I became used to find new improvements on each visit. This March I enjoyed not only the warm water of the heated swimming pool and the silent in the room. This peaceful silent was possible thanks to a new-split-air-conditioning system that has just been installed. I slept at the Hotel even much better than in my home because of the new beds and the new mattresses. At the end of the day, I have to state that this time everything was better than before. But the most important advantage of the Premiere continues being its location. This not expensive hotel is located only half a block from the beach and this "peculiarity" is unbeatable.
Matias

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ciudad de Buenos Aires
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my first visit to the Premiere and I cannot wait to go back there in my next vacation. The Hotel is very small, it has only twenty rooms. The fifty-year old building is very well maintained. The split-air-conditioning system indicates that the owners renewed the building. My room (an efficiency) was spacious and had a full equipped kitchenette where I prepared some meals when I didn't go to one of the many restaurants located on A1A. If you stay at the Premiere, you will not need a car. If you walk less than a minute, you will be able to swim in the Ocean. The Premiere is located half a block from the beach. At the Premiere you do not hear the noise of the A1A but you a few steps from the water and the sand.
Alex

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I never cease to be amazed by the quality of my experiences at the Premiere Hotel. The owners, Mario, Lucia, and Federico Farber, ensure that all of their guests' needs are taken care of. The rooms are well furnished and immaculate. Computers with internet access are made available at no charge in the lobby, there is free Wifi, and even free video rental. The hotel recently installed a new climate control system which quietly cools or heats its comfortable rooms. My room was immense and was equipped with an oven, stove, microwave cooking device, and refrigerator, and the service that one gets is like that of a five-star hotel. All guests who return to the Premiere after their first visit are welcomed as though they were members of the family. I have experienced this at very few hotels during my travels. I will undeniably choose this hotel the next time I return to Fort Lauderdale for a vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Zadar, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My 2 year old and I stayed for 10 days and it was great. It is in the best location. It’s pretty much cross the road from the beach, 15-20 min walk to Galleria Mall, around the corner from affordable eateries and a la carte dining, a short bus ride to Harbour shops at the Cruise terminal and also just 10 min walk to the bus no. 36 stop to Sawgrass Mall (1 hour ride). I really could not of picked a better location, especially being alone with a 2 year old to entertain 24/7. The staff (owners) were fantastic. They helped us with our bags and really with everything we needed. They even drove us to the cruise terminal so we wouldn't have to take a taxi. Rooms are very clean. I really cannot think of any negative comments. Looking forward to going back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Premiere Hotel? Share your experiences!