“Bad Location! Bad Clientele!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5851 North Andrews Avenue Ext., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #86 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Bad Location! Bad Clientele!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Upon arrival, we were greeted in the "lobby" by some "shady characters." It looked like one of the residents had been kicked out and was sitting on the sidewalk with all of her belongs. Perhaps in a drugged stupor. A working girl brought her gentlemen caller to her room. We witnessed a Sheriff and EMT take some of the guests away in the middle of the night

After waiting for a half an hour for one client's payment to go through we were checked in. The room was not clean. We were afraid on the "desk" chair- it was stained with who knows what. The bed was even worse. The kitchen- did not have any dishes, or appliances. In order to get them you had to go downstairs to the lobby and carry them up by the armful.

After driving for over 20 hours we stayed one sleepless night and checked out first thing the next morning. The front desk did not even questions our early check out... I think they are accustomed to it.

We have not stayed at an Extended Stay Hotel before and hope not all the locations are like this. But I would NOT recommend this location. It is extremely dangerous, remote, and the 24 7-11 is the ONLY selling point that the staff could offer.

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After waiting 20 minutes in the lobby for the assistant manager, GiaNni to "check if housecleaning cleaned the room" he came back to tell me my room was ready. After checking the room, my wife and I immediately noticed that the beds sheets were not fresh. We both immediately knew that the reason the assistant manager left us in the lobby for 20 minutes was because he made the bed and fluffed up the pillows and tried to clean the room himself. Housekeeping never touched that room before our stay. The sheets were previously used and not washed. There were hairs all over the bed and pillowcases and they smelled like sweat. It was so obvious that the room was not cleaned between the last guest and myself. After complaining to Gianni, he had me wait an additional 30 minutes while he had housekeeping get another "non-smoking" room ready. After now waiting for almost an hour with my wife, 7 year old daughter and 17 month old son in the lobby, well after check-in hours, we proceeded to our new room..... wow. First of all, even though it was marked non-smoking, the room was smoked in, within the last 24 hours. And the room has clearly hosted smoking guests many times in the past. There were at least 3 visible burn marks in the carpet. There was a burn mark on the bathroom sink vanity and on the tub from when a smoker puts down there lit cigarette on the edge while they do something else and pick it up too late (I used to be a smoker so I know these things). The linen on the bed smelled disgusting. The kicker, and what made me change my 7 night reservation to just a short one night stay, was when I realized the door's security latch didn't work. Any quick visible inspection by staff should have noticed that the hook on the door which the latch catches was loosely hanging onto the door with only one of four screws. It was completely dangling off as if the door was kicked open at some point. Furthermore, because the door is busted, it didn't form a tight seal when you closed it. This would allow outside air and noise to completely come into the room. This in turn let in all of the outside noise of the extremely loud highway that is no more than 100 feet away. This also meant that whatever cold air the barely working air conditioner let out would also completely escape the room through the gap between the door and its frame making the room extremely uncomfortable. That room is completely unsafe, unclean and clearly a smoking room and should have NEVER been given the go ahead to reserve for customers. Absolutely horrible experience staying at this hotel. For $5 more a night I am staying 10 minutes away at TownePlace Suites by Marriot which has been absolutely stellar with their accommodations and hospitality. This was my first time staying at an Extended Stay after hearing a couple of good reviews from family and friends. Unfortunately this will be my last time staying there.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I got a great deal on my room. I had read some other reviews and was a little hesitant..but I found the place to be a good experience. My room was clean and larger than expected. I was on the "highway" side but with the a/c running the noise was not an issue. Staff was polite and professional. The mattress was a little too hard for my liking but it wasn't unbearable. I'd definitely stay again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Do not go to this location ever. This is for people that do not have a stable home and pay by the week. Motel smoke free rooms smelled of smoke, gnats were flying everywhere, dry blood stains on the sheets. Motel can only accommodate about 15 cars in the parking lot. There is no pool or gym on the property. Just creepy.

Room Tip: Just plain creepy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while i was in between moves and good thing i brought my own blanket and pillows. I have a 4 year old daughter and i also have a little phobia to dirt. I could not let her play on the carpet because it was filthy. The room is in a great location, very close to I-95 and affordable. The windows here do not open so the room was moist and smelled a bit. The bathroom tub was dirty and so was the carpet. It looked like they changed the sheets/towels and done. The guy at the front desk Jamie was super nice and helpful. There were cops every night either in the hotel parking lot or across the street at the 7-11 just watching the building. Beds were also blahhh...not much support. A friend told me i should have stayed at the other extended stay down the street.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the 7-11 are quieter than the ones facing the highway/parking lot.
Pompano Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I made a reservation online but when I arrived at the hotel the front desk person told me "we don't have any rooms available so I told him I even called to make sure that it was confirmed. After he told me that there was no room for me, he simply walked away from the desk and started to speak with another co-worker as if I didn't matter. After some time had passed another front desk person said yes I see you have a reservation and got into a conversation in their native Creole language but little did they know I understood what was being said, " this man is only staying for one night we have other people who are here for more than one night". Whether I was staying for one night or two this was certainly despicable, but I get it know when you are used to prostitutes and drug addicts then sensible people like me seem weird.

I will never stay at another Extended Stay ever again and I will make none of my friends ever recommends this chain of hotels whenever they travel

Disgusted,
Lenard Rahming

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ormond Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Room was 200 feet from I-95 and you could hear traffic all night. Neighborhood was crummy, signs all over parking lot stating "remove all valuables from vehicle, hotel not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen property." No swimming pool, this is definitely not a family-friendly hotel. On the plus side, price was good, there is. 7-11 right across the street and the place is easy to get on/off interstate 95.

Room Tip: Away from I-95
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.

Address: 5851 North Andrews Avenue Ext., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #86 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Extended Stay, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.