“Bad area. Do not go with kids or family.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5851 North Andrews Avenue Ext., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #85 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Bad area. Do not go with kids or family.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

First 5 mins being there the maid was smoking while cleaning rooms then she got on elevator smoking. Looks like they found a empty space of land and built this place. Its at a dead end of a bad neighborhood. Little store right across street. Lots and lots of strange people going in 24/7. I went down stairs to get something out of car. There was a guest here who stood right in his door and watched every move I made. Made me feel very uncomfortable. Then we left and came back later in evening and now there's 2 guys just sitting on front bench as if they didn't stay here and were casing the place. Again I felt uncomfortable they even watched us go up to our floor and room. Now I'm paranoid were going to get broken into. The room is okay. The furniture had stains on them, the shower curtain design made me dizzy, the water went from hot to freezing cold during shower. We will not be coming back here. Ever! Poor location, no security, no parking, no comfort!

• Stayed January 2013
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave., responded to this review, February 5, 2013

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff and will take a closer look at our security process to ensure that all guest feel safe at all times.

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed at this location twice in the last 6 months. The staff is fantastic and very accommodating. The remodeled rooms and new beds are very comfortable. The double, sound proof windows provide a good buffer from the highway noise if you happen to have a room on the west facing side.
Only one complaint, the parking lot and grassy area around the hotel could be picked up more often.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Great rooms great staff!!! Been here a while so I guess you can say I've gotten pretty comfortable. Other than the season prices I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It is in a convenient location and has a 7eleven across the street.

• Stayed December 2012
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave., responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you had a great stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I often contemplate when I and my family are travelling where would we stay , searching for cost effective locations, and what amenities are being offered. Last year,in my hotel research , found Cypress Creek, Ft. Lauderdale location. We booked a room and on our arrival, the exterior of the hotel was pleasantly appealing. The interior of the rooms are in good taste. In one word spotless. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and since that trip we have returned for another stay. I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to the staff:
Joel Deveaux, Ops. Mgr. . Shoshana and Neika - Front Desk. . Housekeeping: Shirley, Trisha, Vanessa... Laurette, Philamina and Marie. If and when you and your family are planning a trip, and want comfortable accommodations and service with a smile. Cypress Creek (Ft. Lauderdale) is the place to be.

• Stayed November 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Accecibrl grat locality and good princes. The beds confortable employees is very nice . Stay is satisfied an the breakfast is good. If I com bsck to u.s I will stay here.. It is a place with affordable prices snd fullfill our needs. Thanks

• Stayed November 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is located close to the freeway in a very questionable neighborhood directly across from a 7-11 store. My first floor room reminded me of a slightly larger size old style Motel 6 with a kitchenette. It smelled of “moldy smoke”, had gnats, flaking ceiling paint in the bathroom, and was quite loud. Speaking of noise, at 7AM on Saturday, the groundskeeper started using the leaf blower which I observed woke up everyone in the hotel who was not already awake. For this inconvenience, the front desk employee was very apologetic and credited $9.00 off my $59/night room rate. My otherwise dismal review should not reflect badly on her attempt at stellar customer service as she also printed my boarding pass. Even for its cheap price and free Wi-Fi, the problems unfortunately overwhelmed what positives might otherwise be offered at this hotel which is why I simply cannot recommend it.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a "good" room in this hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I think this hotel was really great during the 4 months I spent there. I really did not want to move but had to when the season rates kicked in. I realize that this was not a PLUS extended stay but a regular extended stay and even with that the accommodations were very good. The rooms were very well lighted, plenty of seating and chairs that rolled too. There was plenty of kitchen cabinetry so that I could cook for myself and a dresser that held enough clothing for my long stay. The staff there were friendly and took care of any requests I had. I would definitely choose it again if the need arose.

Room Tip: If you need quiet to sleep, stay away from the back rooms facing the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.

Address: 5851 North Andrews Avenue Ext., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
#85 Top resorts Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Extended Stay, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.