You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5851 North Andrews Avenue Ext., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #103 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best home away from home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

From the first day that I stopped in to see what the rooms looked like, I was so impressed with how incredibly clean everything was that reserved right then and there. There was not a piece of paper on the ground anywhere on the property. Everything was swept and immaculate. In my book, that says a lot about a place...mainly that they CARE! I am in between homes and needed a place to be home until I find a permanent one. Everyone here was very professional and accommodating. I once lived in another extended stay hotel for almost a year while without a home but it was nowhere near as clean and comfortable as this. There is ample kitchen cabinets, closet space, dresser drawer space and space for a neat little office setup. My room also had updated lighting and furnishings. I work in downtown Miami and it only takes me 6 mins to drive to the Broward Boulevard Tri-Rail Station where I get the 95 Express bus which goes non-stop to Miami in just under 45 minutes. The Cypress Creek Tri-Rail station is also only a block away. YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT THIS FOR THE BEST HOME AWAY FROM HOME.

Room Tip: Just ask to see a room so you know the type of accomodations they have. And specify if you need smo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave., responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We are delighted that you have chosen us as your "home away from home". Please feel free to contact myself or the front office for any need you may have.
Yesenia Villa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Nassau, New Providence Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I arrived at the Extended Stay on Saturday evening June 30th,2012 approximately 9:00pm-9:30pm. I was greeted by a young man at the Office who seemed pleasant but was not knowledgeable of the property because he never quite directed us to the right direction for our assigned rooms. I dont recall his name. Luckily, there was a guest seated on a bench outside who was much more familiar and pointed us out to our room. The first room we checked into was not cleaned and all the drawers were opened throughout the room, some broken as though there was work being done in the room needless to mention the beds appeared to have been layed in. After taking all of the luggage back down to the office to report that our assigned room wasnt cleaned we were assigned a second room. We took our luggage to the new room put the key in the door only to find that a couple was already relaxing on the bed in the room. You can only imagine how that went. Once again, we head back down to the front desk and were assigned a 3rd room only to discover it was a smoking double when we requested a NON-smoking King. We head back down to the front desk at this point im quite annoyed and dissappointed. The agent looked very surprised to see me again so soon at the desk and the feeling was mutual. He then insisted he accompany us to the next (now fourth) room he assigned to us to. (Needless to mention the waits each time i came down to the desk to be assigned another room). the fourth room ofcourse, was STILL not what we had requested. We wanted a King NON-smoking and he assured thats the type of room he was taking us to. When we opened the door we found it was a Double bed. At this point i was livid! The young man looked surprised to find that the room was still not our requested King bed but insisted there was nothing else available and we'd have to take or we could go to another hotel. We took the room considering we wouldnt be able to get a refund. The following morning July 1st, 2012 at about 10am we were woken up by a housekeeping lady banging and screaming and asked if we were checking out. We reluctantly opened the door and advised her we were not due to check out until Wednesday July 4th and she said we needed to see the front desk agent. At this point you can imagine my frustration after not settling in until after 11pm and moving to several rooms that were not up to standard or requests. So i walk to the front desk and met a line. The agent present was Mena and had quite a few people there she was assisting. When she got to me she wasnt exactly pleasant, im assuming it was because the guest before me all had complaints. I had told her of the night i experienced prior and she confirmed that it could be because the young man that worked the night before was not a regular employee of that property so was not as knowlegeable as others. Mena seemed to be in disbelief as to what had transpired with me the night before and was obviously having a bit of difficulty trying to sort out my reservation so after a 15 minute wait she told me she would give me a call to my room once she got everything sorted out. I went to my room and got a call from Mena about 10 minutes after i had left and she advised everything was sorted out. I had asked the housekeeper for extra towels but she declined because she was advised i was due to check out. I told Mena who informed me that she was still wahsing towels at the moment. On the day of my check out July 4th which i am very aware is a holiday i had called about 9am and asked for a late check-out. As you would imagine it was declined. I wont go on to mention the hair i met in the shower and the rooms condition. I was very dissappointed in the overall quality of service at the Extended Stay because i had truly looked forward to a great stay. It was rather unfortunate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave., responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels for all your lodging needs. I truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. The gentleman that was on the desk the day of your arrival was filling in from another hotel.

We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience. I am sorry we failed at that mission. We will take your comments and coach our team to provide better service in the future.

I hope you will give our hotel and company a chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception. Once again, Thank you for staying with us.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I arrived to find a bathroom with debris..unchanged sheets and pillow cases for one bed and the occupants in the floor above my unit were making noise nightly until midnight. Front desk staff are lazy too.

Room Tip: don't go here until you call ahead and speak with the manager who can guarantee your stay to be...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave., responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for your reply. We are in the process of better training our team to prevent these kind of incidents from ever happening again. If you plan to be in the Ft. Lauderdale area in the future, Please do not hesitate to give us a call and I will make sure that all your needs are met. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America Cypress Creek Andrews Ave.
TAMPA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I first started styaing here last summer during regular business trips to Ft. Lauderdale. Very near down town Lauderdale, it is convenient to interstates, and all business locales. From day one, the staff has been pleasant and very accomodating. It means a lot to me whne the staff remembers my name even though it may have been several weeks since I visited. From the manager, Yessi, to the maids, everyone goes out of their way to make the guest feel at home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate your reply, Thank you for your continued business. We are here to serve you.
FT LAUDERDALE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

this place is one the best places i have stayed and made me feel comfortable,. i work third shift and they never bothered me and was very receptive and welcoming my any needs or questions ,.
i highly reccamend thins hotel accross from 7/11

Room Tip: all room are very nice,.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave., responded to this review, July 19, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We have been staying at this hotel for the last several months while looking for a home in the area. We were impressed with the courteous, knowledgable welcome from the front desk personnel as well as well as the housekeeping staff. When inspecting the hotel before our stay, we were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, front office, laundry room and even the trash room. The grounds are very well maintained, and we have noticed regular upgrading to the rooms.
Over the course of our stay, the front office staff has remained friendly and truly concerned about our well being and needs. The housekeeping staff is very friendly, accommodating of our schedule, and does a nice job of the weekly room cleaning. Even the grounds keeper doesn't miss an opportunity to say, Hi" or wave.
We chose this location due to its proximity to I-95 and the Lauderdale by the Sea beach. Grocery shopping and shopping malls were within a couple of mile drive. The beach was within 2-3 mile trip down Commercial Blvd.
This has truly been a family friendly place to call our temporary home.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

It's been 6 months now staying at this awesome hotel. I started out as a short term, temporary place to live while searching for an apartment. After comparing rental apartments to my "Efficiency Studio" here at Extended Stay America, I decided that I was much better off price wise and had everything I needed without having to pay out last month and security deposit.

The hotel staff are awesome! The Manager, Vesenia Villa, does an excellent job, is extremely pleasant and always in a pleasant mood. The Front Desk Team are very well trained, always in a good mood and going out of their way to help make my stay here pleasant. The Maid Service is first class. They are always around and asking if there is anything they can do to take care of my needs. The Maintenance Crew does a fantastic job keeping everything up and running and are always on the spot whenever anything needs attending.

I'm a Taxi Cab Driver and recommend this hotel to all my customers looking for a place to stay. I tell them that if it's good enough for me to live there, it's going to be great for them to stay there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave..

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.

Address: 5851 North Andrews Avenue Ext., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #103 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.