You added Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #74 of 137 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Utica, New York
“Do NOT stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When we were checking in, there was an older couple in front of us. The woman had reserved a handicapped accessible room. However, when they checked in, there was none available. The woman could barely walk by herself, with a cane. We checked in once they gave in to not having the room they reserved. We received our room keys and headed upstairs. When we walked in, there were two double beds. I pulled up the email reservation and it clearly stated a king bed. We went back down to the desk, and was told that our reservation was changed on 1/5 by the manager Aragon. The girl said there were no notes made as to why but she would call him. She tried and he didn't answer. She then called another manager who said that she would not charge us for the room, and would get us into a queen room, since no kings were available. I was happy with the end result but from the time we walked into the lobby until the time we stepped into our actual room was over an hour and a half. That is completely unacceptable. Especially when it was 9:30 PM, we had been traveling all day, and hadn't eaten dinner yet. The girl told us that breakfast would be at the bar behind us. We turned around and it was like a miniature bookcase. Come to find out, there breakfast is grab and go style. Granola bars, fruit, pre-packaged muffins, coffee, and hot chocolate packets. Pretty ridiculous for a complimentary breakfast. Not what I would expect at all! Very disappointed in this hotel, its staff, and its customer service. I would never recommend this to anyone and will never stay there ever again!

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality

MONTREAL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Got this hotel on Priceline. I had 2 separate reservations, one for Friday and a separate one for Saturday. This is important and you will understand why as you read this review. Got in Friday night at around 9:00 pm. As they offer free shuttle, I called the hotel three times, no answer. Gave up and took a cab. Once there, no one at front desk! Waited 10 minutes....picked up the phone in the lobby and called for assistance. Finally someone showed up. Checked in. Lobby was filthy, room felt filthy and looked filthy, so basically only opened luggage to take out what I needed and left it closed and off the floor.
Next day, since I had two separate reservations, they told us we had to check out and check back in. So that is what we did. Since I couldn't stay in the room, we left and came back around 4:00pm. Room not cleaned. Went back to lobby and to my utter shock, was advised that if I want room cleaned! There is a 10:00 charge?
Anyways, since I checked in and out, etc....my room should have been cleaned but they just couldn't be bothered.
All I all, location is great but hotel is just terrible. I just couldn't believe how dirty the lobby was and the main entrance.
Staff not willing to help, and basically not very welcoming.
I do not recommend this hotel to anyone!
Not worth your hard earned money and definitely not worth a bad start to a vacation!

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
Chambly, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights before our cruise. Very expensive for what you get. ( basically nothing). There is an extremely basic continental breakfast. No maid service. We asked what the rate would be for 1 night when we get back from our cruise. We were quoted $374...it was cheaper at the embassy suites which very classy and includes complimentary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres and full breakfast. The hotel lobby needed cleaning, not a very good first impression. The hallways needed vacuuming, too. Very limited staff. Stay anywhere else!!!!

Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 3 days ago
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee. In response to your feedback, I will make sure we are clearly communicating our amenities during guest arrivals as well as reviewing our cleaning procedures. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me directly, at fls2@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was very displeased to find that there is no maid service unless you stay more than 7 days. No fresh towels daily, no removal of garbage and nobody explained this while booking or upon arrival. Nice location but it is worth to pay that little bit extra to stay next door at Holiday Inn Express. At least you could probably dry yourself there after a shower!

Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
Toms River
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

Room was fair but not as clean as I would have liked and it had a strange odor to it. The real problem wad the room rate, it was wrong when I checked in and it took 3 conversations and an email to correct it. Wouldn't go back.

Stayed December 2015, traveled solo
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2015

Basic accommodations but good value for your money and I recommend you book via a deal website to get a good rate.
Parking is free in their parking lot.
WIFI, is free and available in the room. Speed is slow as expected with what you get from other similar priced hotels.
Very close to a huge strip mall.
About 10-15 minutes drive to the beach and the famous Las Olas Blvd

• Stayed November 2015, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
1 Thank soccercraze
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 30, 2015
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you experienced with our Internet services. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that provided you with a great value and a convenient location. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
East Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2015

Staff was responsive to needs. The shuttle driver was great and on time he was knowledgeable of the area with good recommendations. They are located off of a main road with different food options with in walking distance.

• Stayed November 2015, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 25, 2015
Thank you for your review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our accommodating staff and convenient location. I’m glad you enjoyed all the amenities our hotel has to offer! Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.