When we were checking in, there was an older couple in front of us. The woman had reserved a handicapped accessible room. However, when they checked in, there was none available. The woman could barely walk by herself, with a cane. We checked in once they gave in to not having the room they reserved. We received our room keys and headed upstairs. When we walked in, there were two double beds. I pulled up the email reservation and it clearly stated a king bed. We went back down to the desk, and was told that our reservation was changed on 1/5 by the manager Aragon. The girl said there were no notes made as to why but she would call him. She tried and he didn't answer. She then called another manager who said that she would not charge us for the room, and would get us into a queen room, since no kings were available. I was happy with the end result but from the time we walked into the lobby until the time we stepped into our actual room was over an hour and a half. That is completely unacceptable. Especially when it was 9:30 PM, we had been traveling all day, and hadn't eaten dinner yet. The girl told us that breakfast would be at the bar behind us. We turned around and it was like a miniature bookcase. Come to find out, there breakfast is grab and go style. Granola bars, fruit, pre-packaged muffins, coffee, and hot chocolate packets. Pretty ridiculous for a complimentary breakfast. Not what I would expect at all! Very disappointed in this hotel, its staff, and its customer service. I would never recommend this to anyone and will never stay there ever again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Airport-Cruiseport, conveniently located within walking distance to the Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Art Institute. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space… amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina Hotel
- Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale
- Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay