This hotel provides comfort and a central location whether you're traveling for business (as I did) or are in town for fun or layover.
Front desk staff was very hospitable during check-in and at other times when I needed assistance with directions and a cab during checkout. I arrived at 10:00 am, and although I could have been turned away until afternoon check-in, a room was ready, and I could escape the outdoor heat.
I've become spoiled and accustomed to accessing an in-room refrigerator and microwave, which Extended Stay always makes available.
At first I thought that other reviews about the bed (queen sized in my room) were correct regarding extra firmness, but I think my discomfort came from all the walking I did the first day. On the second night, I was much more comfortable.
The hotel is surrounded by shops selling bagels, pizza, and sandwiches as well as a Publix market and other eat-in and take-out eateries in a strip mall that's in walking distance (put on your walking shoes, because it will take about 10 minutes to get there). This is another reason why the room's kitchen is convenient.
Speaking of Publix, bring their prepared food of lemon chicken with side orders of mac & cheese and collard greens back to your room. Fantastic.
I found no bugs or in-room problems that could have been addressed during my four-day stay. One thing that may jar you is loud talking by other guests in the hallways and door closures from other rooms that seem overly loud. Both made me jump at times, and being from NYC, not much bothers me.
The #40 bus stops on the hotel's block ($1.25 per ride or a $3.00 all-day pass at this writing) and also across the street. Banks are very close, and so is Ross for Less, Office Depot, and Walgreens. Also, make sure you bring an umbrella if you're walking; that Fort Lauderdale sun is torture, and rain showers occur without warning.
The group that booked me at this hotel had a choice of putting me in Embassy Suites or the Renaissance, which are both in walking distance from Extended Stay. I'm glad they choose this facility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Airport-Cruiseport, conveniently located within walking distance to the Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Art Institute. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space… amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina Hotel
- Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale
- Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay