“GOOD LOCATION! HELPFUL STAFFS” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

You added Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #75 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Las Vegas, Nevada
“GOOD LOCATION! HELPFUL STAFFS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed two nights before cruise sail. Walking distance to restaurants, strip center and CVS or Walgreen. We stayed on top floor facing parking lot. Our room is clean and updated. Contiental breakfast at the lobby every morning. Cruise shuttle pre-arranged at $4/person. Friendly and helpful staffs.

Room Tip: Upper level facing parking not street
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Extended Stay, We would never stay for an extended time here. I usually read the reviews before I book but, again my husband wanted to surprise me. I found out on my way here where we were staying so I looked it up on our 14 hour drive. Everyone was correct. Smells in the building were bad. The smoke smell was overwhelming in our non-smoking room. I had brought Lysol with me and sprayed the curtains and beds. My sinuses were aggravated, and our nose burned. My husband had to take over the counter medicine to be able to sleep. We kept the window open you could hear all the street noise but better then the smell. No dishes in rooms. Had to pay for high speed internet. Elevator slow as molasses and was broken one day. I felt safer just taking the stairs.
No pool. The only thing going for it is location. That is all. Breakfast is in the lobby coffee and breakfast bars, If you can call it a lobby. Hardly room to stand.

Stayed August 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 1 week ago
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet our company’s high standards. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are making sure we are thoroughly cleaning and inspecting our rooms prior to guest arrivals. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at fls@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Fll
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Super friendly front desk staff. My day was planned to end at Extended Stay on the west side of town but schedule changes brought me east. At 5PM I was in the Convention Center - Cruise Port part of town. After leaving my favorite sub shop LaSpadas I realized across the street was an Extended Stay. The front desk called and canceled my ES reservation out west and honored the discount code I used to make my original reservation. Not only close to the beach, the Cruise Port the convention center and the airport there are great restaurants within walking distance. As well as shopping including an Office Depot across the street.

Room Tip: I requested to be near the elevator and was just two doors down.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
It is so rewarding to read that you had an excellent stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed our convenient location and our friendly customer service. I’m thrilled we were able to provide you with a home away from home experience! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

SMOKE SMELL
I stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend and our baby. We were there to visit him since he works in the area. The room was nice with a tv with cable, free wifi and a kitchenette that included a microwave, a sink,a fridge, and cupboards. I really liked this hotel until I smelled cigarette smoke coming into our room. It wasn't my boyfriend since he was at work and it certainly wasn't me. I hoped that the smell would go away but it stuck to the room and for some reason it smelled the strongest in our bathroom. I couldn't stand it and didn't want my baby in there so I called the front desk and a very nice young lady named Stacey transferred me to another room on the 3rd floor (we were on the 2nd floor). But since I was by myself with my baby I had to move all our stuff to the room and it was a little hard so at the end I asked if someone could come help me carry a couple of last things that I couldn't carry while I had my baby so I called the front desk and sure enough Stacey came to help me and apologized for the smoke smell in the room.

In our new room it was fine until I smelled cigarette smoke again and it certainly was coming from our restroom but again it wasn't any of us. We didn't want to move all our stuff again so we just dealt with it. We couldn't open any of the windows for the smell could go away since they were bolted shut even though they have a sign on top of the kitchen stove stating to "open window for ventilation purposes".

COLD SHOWERS
The restroom was nice and clean but the water in the shower took forever to warm up. Actually, it didn't ever really warm up. It was always cold. No matter how long we left the water running for it to get hot it never even got to the point of being warm. I even left it running on the hot water setting for more than 5 minutes while I gave my baby a bath in the kitchen sink. The water there actually warmed up but it never got hot. So I guess I shouldn't have expected the shower to warm up even after I was done bathing, drying and dressing my baby.

HASSLE WITH SHUTTLE SERVICE
About 4 days before, I had scheduled their free shuttle service to the airport on the day that I had to leave and they even wrote down my name and the time and day. But on the actual day that I had to leave , I called the front desk about 2hrs before my scheduled shuttle to make sure that it was arriving at 5:00pm. I was told that their driver for the shuttle had to leave early but that they'll call in a taxicab for that time and pay for it. So I packed my bags and took them and my baby downstairs to the lobby to wait for the cab. I asked the young lady if she knew if the taxi was on its way and she had no idea what I was talking about but that she could call in a taxi just in case. I told her what the previous lady told me and she went to the back, I guess to to talk to her manager. When she returned she told me that they couldn't actually pay for the taxi but that they could take about $20 off of our room reservation and refund it to us on my boyfriend's card. Which meant that I had to pay for my ride that I wasn't expecting to pay for (since it was supposed to be free) and since I only had enough cash on me to get me and my baby trough our trip, I ended up using my credit card. Luckily, the taxi got there right on time before she had to call in for one and I left feeling stressed thinking that I wouldn't be able to get to the airport to my flight on time.

I really liked the hotel room here but these situations really bothered and stressed us during our stay.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. Please accept our apologies that your stay was not to our company’s high standards. In response to your feedback, I will have our maintenance engineer look into the water temperature issue as well as making sure we are clearly communicating our shuttle hours and nonsmoking policy. Thank you again for posting your review. Please contact me, at fls2@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that you will give us another chance and return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Key West, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2015

The people that work here are amazingly helpful and so friendly. The rooms are big and clean. Full kitchens in rooms at least the two we were in. The rooms by the elevators will leave you with a sleepless night, the walls are thin!!! The second room we got was quieter, but it was way in the back. No pool on property. The breakfast should NOT be listed as a breakfast...AWEFUL!! There was coffee, packaged granola bars and packaged muffins...not good tasting. No OJ not even bread to make toast. The location is good. Probably wouldn't stay again.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
The team and I appreciate your delightful remarks. Please accept our apologies that our amenities were less than satisfactory, we use these types of comments to improve our hotel. Still, we are overjoyed to know that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable room and excellent service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2015

I stayed here when I had my CFA exam at the convention center. The staff was very pleasant and the place was very clean and we would get breakfast treats everyday which are complimentary . Close to lots of shops and restaurants.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
The team and I appreciate your delightful remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our great service, convenient location and our grab-and-go breakfast. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Napa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2015

We have stayed at this hotel for several trips over the last few years and have noticed it declining in maintenance, cleanliness, and service. Our most recent trip in April was an extremely disappointing experience. The room was filthy, with visible stains on the furniture (see the attached photo of the desk chair, as one example) and carpeting. Light bulbs were out, and the room had not been maintained (see the photo of the askew light fixture, which didn't work). When we needed service at the front desk, most of the time there was no staff present. When we were checking out, the manager was dealing with a long line of guests, while her assistant was sitting in a lobby chair playing games on his phone. Certainly an employee needs a break from time to time, but it would seem reasonable to help the manager during a crunch and take the break later. The breakfast was packaged small muffins and granola bars, which ran out well before the end of the breakfast hours. This hotel used to be clean, well-maintained, and a good value, but it's declined substantially. At $160-200+ a night, it's sunk well below the competition.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 21, 2015
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the maintenance, cleanliness, and service issues you mentioned. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are taking your comments seriously and making the necessary changes. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future to provide you with a better staying experience.