You added Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #67 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Bakersfield, California
“pre cruise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed pre cruise as least expensive place due to some convention or something.
Found the front desk to be adequate and personnel friendly. Room was clean but no in room safe. Did not need to use the utensils that were available for longer stays.
Shuttle available free from airport. Shuttle to cruise terminal cost $4 each.
Marlene was a big help as the elevator stopped and we were stuck for about 15 minutes. She was able to reprogram and get us out. Close to Total Wine store
and Walgreens plus some restaurants.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Marlene behind the front counter is why I am giving this review. I forgot an item at the hotel and Marlene tracked me down to ask where to send it. I was very hard to get a hold of due to being in a cell dead zone but she tried multiple times over multiple days in so far as calling the company I was associated with to get an address for me. She was proactive in doing this, I did not realize I was missing the item until she got a hold of me. Thank you Marlene, I call that excellent customer service!!!

As for the hotel, it's clean, quiet and convenient. A great value if you are looking for a place within easy walking distance to the convention center.

I would stay there again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so much for your review. I'm thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and provided you with excellent customer service. I will share your wonderful comments about the cleanliness of our hotel with our staff. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overpriced for what you get.. Bed was comfy.. No pool... Stayed one night before going on the cruise the next day.. Terrible "continental breakfast" - would not stay again - IF there is nothing left then stay = at least the hotel is clean

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am pleased to read your remarks about our clean and comfy rooms. However, I am very sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast was less than satisfactory. In response to your feedback, I am passing your comments on to our upper management for consideration. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at fls@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

This hotel is located in a good location to the convention center, port & Art Institute. Smooth check in process and good location to food venues. We came for Tortuga Music Festival and it was 2 miles away. We booked this hotel because all the others ones closer to the festival sold out in a flash. Beds seem old and are not comfortable. The pillows were not comfortable either.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the bed was uncomfortable during your stay. Still, we are glad to know that we were able to provide you with a great location and friendly service. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Providence, RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015

This was an OK place to stay for a pre-cruise night. The hotel room was clean and the lobby was as well. I chose it as it was close to the cruise port and they offer a shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. If price is an issue, then keep in mind that the price for a taxi from the airport is only about $15 and probably $10 to the cruise terminal so add that on to another local hotel to get a full price of your stay.

I was in room 325 and the trash pick up on a Monday morning will wake you up. Also, the refrigerator was very loud. I had ear plugs so that was my remedy to the situation.

I thought breakfast was included by the hotel description but it only offered coffee, apples, bananas, oatmeal, and breakfast bars. It is better than nothing but I was presuming otherwise. There are kitchenettes in the rooms and a supermarket nearby so if you want to by your own food you could make a full breakfast.

The staff at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful.

All in all, I would probably look for someplace less expensive the next time I cruise out of Fort Lauderdale given what I now know.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the east side. The west side has trash pick up and the north is the street side.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 15, 2015
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the noise issues you encountered during your stay. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great service. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Meriden, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015

I have previously stayed at this hotel. this year my visit was from 4/1/15 to 4/7/15 . the beauty of this hotel is the location. it is located minutes from port everglades and Lauderdale airport. within walking distance are restaurants of many types, dept. stores,supermarkets, coffee shops,drug stores and everything a person could need, even a walk in medical center. Also you can visit all parts of the city with the #10 bus and a transfer. Additionally the sun trolley goes to the beaches, Gallerina mall and the shops at las olas, i would like to thank Aaron, Eddie and Marlene for making me : feel at home :

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Ralph - The staff and I read your review, and we would like to thank you for writing such beautiful things about our hidden gem. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our great service and convenient location. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Central Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Stayed here night before a cruise (2 adults, 2 kids). Was able to walk to nearby stores to pick up last minute items and have dinner. Room was large with small kitchen. The check in process was smooth, as well as arranging to leave my car there while on cruise.
A shuttle drove is to the port (small fee) with no issue, and we took a taxi on our return ($10 +/-). I hesitated to do this thinking it would add time and hassle to the trip, but it was actually nice being able to get off the ship and jump in a taxi and be dropped off at our car.
I agree with other reviews, grab and go breakfast is not much. Elevators are a tad slow, and carpets could use a good scrub. However for the area and price it was worth it and I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 14, 2015
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that your stay was hassle free. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the convenience of our park and cruise service as well as our location to stores and restaurants. I apologize for the issues with the elevator and the carpet, but are happy to read that we provided you with a terrific stay. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

Address: 1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #67 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port 2.5*
Welcome to Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Airport-Cruiseport, conveniently located within walking distance to the Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Art Institute. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space… amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Orbitz so you can book your Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina Hotel
Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.