You added Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #66 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good location & clean!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is located in a good location to the convention center, port & Art Institute. Smooth check in process and good location to food venues. We came for Tortuga Music Festival and it was 2 miles away. We booked this hotel because all the others ones closer to the festival sold out in a flash. Beds seem old and are not comfortable. The pillows were not comfortable either.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Providence, RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was an OK place to stay for a pre-cruise night. The hotel room was clean and the lobby was as well. I chose it as it was close to the cruise port and they offer a shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. If price is an issue, then keep in mind that the price for a taxi from the airport is only about $15 and probably $10 to the cruise terminal so add that on to another local hotel to get a full price of your stay.

I was in room 325 and the trash pick up on a Monday morning will wake you up. Also, the refrigerator was very loud. I had ear plugs so that was my remedy to the situation.

I thought breakfast was included by the hotel description but it only offered coffee, apples, bananas, oatmeal, and breakfast bars. It is better than nothing but I was presuming otherwise. There are kitchenettes in the rooms and a supermarket nearby so if you want to by your own food you could make a full breakfast.

The staff at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful.

All in all, I would probably look for someplace less expensive the next time I cruise out of Fort Lauderdale given what I now know.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the east side. The west side has trash pick up and the north is the street side.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the noise issues you encountered during your stay. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great service. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Meriden, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have previously stayed at this hotel. this year my visit was from 4/1/15 to 4/7/15 . the beauty of this hotel is the location. it is located minutes from port everglades and Lauderdale airport. within walking distance are restaurants of many types, dept. stores,supermarkets, coffee shops,drug stores and everything a person could need, even a walk in medical center. Also you can visit all parts of the city with the #10 bus and a transfer. Additionally the sun trolley goes to the beaches, Gallerina mall and the shops at las olas, i would like to thank Aaron, Eddie and Marlene for making me : feel at home :

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Ralph - The staff and I read your review, and we would like to thank you for writing such beautiful things about our hidden gem. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our great service and convenient location. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Central Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here night before a cruise (2 adults, 2 kids). Was able to walk to nearby stores to pick up last minute items and have dinner. Room was large with small kitchen. The check in process was smooth, as well as arranging to leave my car there while on cruise.
A shuttle drove is to the port (small fee) with no issue, and we took a taxi on our return ($10 +/-). I hesitated to do this thinking it would add time and hassle to the trip, but it was actually nice being able to get off the ship and jump in a taxi and be dropped off at our car.
I agree with other reviews, grab and go breakfast is not much. Elevators are a tad slow, and carpets could use a good scrub. However for the area and price it was worth it and I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that your stay was hassle free. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the convenience of our park and cruise service as well as our location to stores and restaurants. I apologize for the issues with the elevator and the carpet, but are happy to read that we provided you with a terrific stay. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

this property: doesn't have an ice maker on site, has a very weak skimpy "breakfast" which consist of nut bars or pre packaged "muffins" and weak coffee. luckily there is a starbucks across the street. House cleaning is only 1x a week and there is no proposed way to dispose of recyclables and trash that accumulates during your stay. solution? everyone seems to just bag up their trash and leave it around the grounds for staff to find and pick up. Free wireless that comes with your stay is useless, you have to pay 20 bucks to upgrade to real speed wireless if you have any real business to be done while you're here.
Any cooking tools you need must be retrieved from the front desk. It is nice to have a full sized fridge though.
for some reason, the front desk staff recommends all incoming desks to eat at a very greasy spoon restaurant nearby called "Harbor café". They have a rude staff and crap food, maybe they have never eaten there themselves.
Overall, this is a rip off of a hotel that is poorly managed and staffed with surly front desk staff.
Cleaning staff and grounds staff are friendly and helpful in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

Hotel is clean but outdated slow elevator. Shuttle bus from airport was a van that seen better days. You also have to call for it when you get in to the airport and we were told it was on duty to the cruise port and we would have to wait 20 minutes or up to 40. We actually waited well over one hour. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Close to cruise port so very good for that if you are cruising the next day. Would consider staying there again if nothing better available.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

I stayed here for one night between cruises. I used Priceline. After reading reviews, I was not expecting much but ended up being very impressed..
I arrived at 11.00am . Receptionist Imani was fantastic. Very helpful and was able to give me my room (328) straightaway. . Much appreciated as it was raining at the time.
Room was clean, has large fridge, microwave, sink and two burners. Ironing board and iron. Bathtub.
There are no pots and pans, crockery and cutlery or anything else in the room. If you want it, ask at reception..
Coffee maker, coffee supplies, coffee mug also available free at reception.
No safe in the room.
Good free wi-fi. You can get even faster wi-fi for a fee but I found the free wi-fi fast enough.
Shuttle to the ship available for $4 per person. Book the night before.
Publix, Walgreens, Ross and numerous bars and restaurants close by. Bimini Boatyard restaurant is excellent. Beach is a good 30 minute walk. The Sun Trolley operates Friday, Saturday and Sunday and will take you to the beach and beyond for $3 all day pass.. You can also get the water taxi by the Hilton Hotel under the bridge.
This is not a super luxury hotel. Reception area is small. There are no bars, restaurants, pools etc but for a night between cruises, it is great. If you want a pool to relax beside, walk to one of the other hotels close by..
Andrew

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
The staff and I read your review and would like to thank you for writing such wonderfully descriptive things about our great hotel location and nearby attractions. I am proud of our team for providing you with great service. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

Address: 1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #66 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port 2.5*
Welcome to Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Airport-Cruiseport, conveniently located within walking distance to the Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Art Institute. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space… amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina Hotel
Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.