“Nice hotel & location. Good value for area.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

You added Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #64 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Central Florida, Florida
“Nice hotel & location. Good value for area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here night before a cruise (2 adults, 2 kids). Was able to walk to nearby stores to pick up last minute items and have dinner. Room was large with small kitchen. The check in process was smooth, as well as arranging to leave my car there while on cruise.
A shuttle drove is to the port (small fee) with no issue, and we took a taxi on our return ($10 +/-). I hesitated to do this thinking it would add time and hassle to the trip, but it was actually nice being able to get off the ship and jump in a taxi and be dropped off at our car.
I agree with other reviews, grab and go breakfast is not much. Elevators are a tad slow, and carpets could use a good scrub. However for the area and price it was worth it and I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

this property: doesn't have an ice maker on site, has a very weak skimpy "breakfast" which consist of nut bars or pre packaged "muffins" and weak coffee. luckily there is a starbucks across the street. House cleaning is only 1x a week and there is no proposed way to dispose of recyclables and trash that accumulates during your stay. solution? everyone seems to just bag up their trash and leave it around the grounds for staff to find and pick up. Free wireless that comes with your stay is useless, you have to pay 20 bucks to upgrade to real speed wireless if you have any real business to be done while you're here.
Any cooking tools you need must be retrieved from the front desk. It is nice to have a full sized fridge though.
for some reason, the front desk staff recommends all incoming desks to eat at a very greasy spoon restaurant nearby called "Harbor café". They have a rude staff and crap food, maybe they have never eaten there themselves.
Overall, this is a rip off of a hotel that is poorly managed and staffed with surly front desk staff.
Cleaning staff and grounds staff are friendly and helpful in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel is clean but outdated slow elevator. Shuttle bus from airport was a van that seen better days. You also have to call for it when you get in to the airport and we were told it was on duty to the cruise port and we would have to wait 20 minutes or up to 40. We actually waited well over one hour. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Close to cruise port so very good for that if you are cruising the next day. Would consider staying there again if nothing better available.

toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for one night between cruises. I used Priceline. After reading reviews, I was not expecting much but ended up being very impressed..
I arrived at 11.00am . Receptionist Imani was fantastic. Very helpful and was able to give me my room (328) straightaway. . Much appreciated as it was raining at the time.
Room was clean, has large fridge, microwave, sink and two burners. Ironing board and iron. Bathtub.
There are no pots and pans, crockery and cutlery or anything else in the room. If you want it, ask at reception..
Coffee maker, coffee supplies, coffee mug also available free at reception.
No safe in the room.
Good free wi-fi. You can get even faster wi-fi for a fee but I found the free wi-fi fast enough.
Shuttle to the ship available for $4 per person. Book the night before.
Publix, Walgreens, Ross and numerous bars and restaurants close by. Bimini Boatyard restaurant is excellent. Beach is a good 30 minute walk. The Sun Trolley operates Friday, Saturday and Sunday and will take you to the beach and beyond for $3 all day pass.. You can also get the water taxi by the Hilton Hotel under the bridge.
This is not a super luxury hotel. Reception area is small. There are no bars, restaurants, pools etc but for a night between cruises, it is great. If you want a pool to relax beside, walk to one of the other hotels close by..
Andrew

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 1 week ago
The staff and I read your review and would like to thank you for writing such wonderfully descriptive things about our great hotel location and nearby attractions. I am proud of our team for providing you with great service. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Jacksonville, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On 1/4/15 I made a reservation at this location for 2/11/15, and a correct email confirmation was received.
On 2/10/15 I called to notify the hotel that we would arrive late because of our flight from San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale, and was told that the reservation had been made for 1/11/15, and no rooms were available.
I called Extended Stay America Headquarters to report the problem. They had a record of the original reservation and the agent said he would talk the the Ft. Lauderdale manager.
Upon arrival at Ft. Lauderdale I was given a room with no amenities other than towels and soap.
The next morning the manager apologised for the mistake and said the $172.04 charge would be refunded. I am still waiting for the refund.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your reservation was made for the wrong date and for the delay in the refund. I have verified that this transaction was submitted however, it takes a few business days to post to your statement. I will be sure to use this experience as a coaching opportunity for our staff in order to prevent this situation from recurring. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at fls2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

Lobby and floors give new guests a poor impression of facility. Not very custermer friendly. Very very noisy. I feel I paid for hotel proximity to the beach and not for hotel...I had no interest in the beach. I think LaQuinta is head and shoulders and cheaper rate than Stay America. This is my true evaluation reflecting my experience staying there...I was supposed to stay & days, but LaQuinta had a cancelation, and I took it after staying 4 days.

• Stayed February 2015
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I was disheartened to read that our hotel condition was in a sorry state during your arrival and our customer service was unsatisfactory. Please accept our apologies. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am coaching my staff on their customer service skills and reviewing our cleaning process. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at fls@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

We booked this property as we were in Fort Lauderdale area for 6 days. It is well run and clean. The location is quite a distance from the beaches and is in a commercial/industrial area. We enjoyed the unit but although it has a full kitchen there were no dishes or utensils at all. Thus we were unable to make full use of the facilities. It met our needs , although a fitness center would have been useful to us.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It was disheartening to read that we were unable to customize your kitchen; however, I am so overjoyed that we provided you with a clean, comfortable room.

The team and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

Address: 1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #64 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port 2.5*
Welcome to Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Airport-Cruiseport, conveniently located within walking distance to the Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Art Institute. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space… amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina Hotel
Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.