“comfortable and convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #60 of 134 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
west country
“comfortable and convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for 1 night prior to a cruise. Check in staff were extremely friendly and helpful.. Newly refurbished room with kitchenette . You need to request cups etc from reception which are delivered promptly.Very comfortable bed and very cloose to cruise port.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We have stayed here three times so far and have been treated as though we are family by the entire staff. They welcome us with open arms and even call us by our names. My husband and I are germaphobic when we travel, and we always wipe down hotel room surfaces. However at this hotel, it is so clean that I have never had a spot of dirt or dust on my wipes! The place is spotless!! After a full day of traveling, we were also pleased with the extreme comfort of the beds. Needless to say, we plan to return in 2015 to stay with our "adopted family".

A New Mexico Couple

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for 1 night prior to departing on our Caribbean cruise.

Booked as a last minute decision so we could stay overnight before our cruise, rather than driving down from Orlando on the same day. Wasn't expecting too much since the last place we stayed that had a 'kitchenette' left a lot to be desired! However, I was pleasantly surprised with the room that we were allocated. It appeared to have been renovated fairly recently and was spotless. Perfectly usable small kitchen area and really liked the fact that you can select from a menu of the things you need to use (cups, plates, glasses, cutlery, pots and pans etc). Although we didn't actually need to use this service, I believe that you just call down to reception and someone brings it up to you. At least this way you know it's clean!

Room had two double beds and was very nice with clean linens.

Hotel staff were a delight - really friendly and helpful upon check in. Liked the fact that they had a basket of free amenities to select from (razors, toothpaste, popcorn etc). Lots of shops and restaurants nearby.

Very highly recommended hotel, especially for a quick one night stop pre or post cruise.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 6 days ago
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our new customized kitchen process, which makes sure that we provide our guests with clean and sanitized cookware. We are so proud of our staff for being helpful and friendly. We are glad that you had such a pleasant stay and that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us about your recent visit. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is ok. It stinks a little bit because of these Florida's swamps. The rooms are new and comfortable. There's a small tub for those who like, a complete kitchen with an electric stove, utensils, etc. A great hotel to spend a long time. They also have free shuttle to the airport or where you work if you're in town for business. The driver Eddie is awesome, but the driver Malcom is crazy, he drives like his transporting a sack of potato. The staff is very friendly.
The cleanliness service is not good. The housekeeper doesn't do anything but change towels and replace soap, shampoo etc. And weekly, what's not bad for me, but they could at least wash the dishes.
There's no swimming pool or fitness center. The laundry is old, but works.

One more important detail: I had a bike parked in the park lot. Somebody stole it. They cut the lock and took the bike. The hotel doesn't have cameras. There's also a back door that stays open 24/7. The area can be safe, but the hotel is not safe. They could have a security guard at night at least, but they don't.

Room Tip: I like the first floor, so I can go up the stairs easily.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night before taking a cruise. I must say that it was better than expected, thanks in no small part to the wonderfully nice staff! When we got to the Fort Lauderdale airport, we called the hotel so they could send their free shuttle to pick us up. The shuttle took nearly 1 hour to show up due to traffic, construction, and the driver not knowing our exact location. We thought that wasn't a good start, however, the driver was super apologetic and really nice. The drive to the hotel took about 10 minutes and he pointed out all the nearby places where we could eat and answered all of our questions. He was very courteous and friendly. When we checked in, they gave us a bunch of free snacks (granola bars, cookies, popcorn, etc.) and treated our 8 year old daughter very nicely. The room was your average hotel room except it had a little kitchenette with a fridge, microwave, sink, and cabinets stocked with utensils. The room also had free Wi-Fi, which was great. The location of the hotel is great, with access to lots of stores where you can get last-minute supplies before the cruise and also eat. Across the street is a Starbucks and an Einstein Bros Bagels (great for breakfast!) and there is a Walgreens about a 5 minute walk away. Lots and lots of eating options around within a 5 minute walk, including Chipotles, Carrabba's, Panera Bread, burgers, Chinese, etc. Shopping centers around also with Ross, Dollar store, and even an indoor playground if your kids are bored. In short, the location is fantastic for a pre-cruise stay as you will not be bored or hungry, plenty of restaurants and stores right nearby. The port is only about a 5 minute drive away and the shuttle that takes you there costs $4 per person. Again, the staff are amazing from the shuttle driver to the front desk people, kudos to them! Would definitely stay here again next time we cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about us. I am proud of our team for providing you with outstanding service and am glad to read that you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel had to offer as well as our location.

The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future, thank you for taking the time to send us your review.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

There were definitely some hiccups but overall a decent stay.

I checked in around 9.30pm. The desk clerk was super awesome. They had a basket of "amenities" at the front desk - disposable razors, shampoo, microwave popcorn (amazeballs, since I was starving).

I went up to my room, swiped my key card, opened the door and...thunk. Something was in the way. I pushed on the door and nope, that door wasn't opening more than six or eight inches. I start to try to squeeze my head in to see what's blocking the door when a man comes running up from inside the room to ask me what I'm doing. I, of course, ask HIM what HE'S doing. He's cleaning the carpet. At 9.30pm on a Friday. On a room that has been rented to me. Oh, boy.

He asks me to "wait outside" for 5-10 minutes while he finishes. I'm tired, it's been a long trip, I'm thinking slow. I close the door and just sit down in the hall. I'm trying to decide whether I should go back downstairs to complain/get another room or just give the guy a few minutes. In less time than it takes me to decide (I'm really tired, I'm pretty sure it was less than ten minutes), he's finished. He leaves, I enter, my carpet is soaking wet, I don't care - I'm tired.

The place is kinda old. The formica in the kitchenette is chipped and worn. I don't care. The sheets and towels are clean and everything works. OK, my alarm clock was a little cranky with some of the set buttons but whatev - I got it to work.

The ac is loud, there's a somewhat high level of street noise, the beds are extra firm and slightly uncomfortable. The toilet has a very impressive turbo flush, the water pressure and temp in the shower are fine and the shower head is taller than me - bonus!

There's a Publix, Total Wine (!) and Walgreen's all within a very easy walking distance. Me and the Walgreen's totally became best buds since I passed it every day on my way to and from the convention center. Buy your sodas, snacks and water at the Walgreen's or Publix - the vending machines at the hotel are stupid spendy.

Again, the front desk staff were great. They were very helpful at check-out and I really appreciated their enthusiasm.

Overall, average hotel that met my needs. Other than that 9.30pm carpet cleaning thing no complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Frederick, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here one night before going on a cruise in April.

This is an older hotel and it looks its age. The room was a decent size, basic but clean, and with a little kitchenette (didn’t use it except to store my wine).

Their morning ‘breakfast’ consisted of a coffee station, apples, and some granola bars.

The location is good with a large wine store just a 15-minute walk away; as well as other shops and dining options. CVS is closer to a 20-minute walk away, which is nice to know in case you forgot to pack something.

Shuttle service from the airport is complimentary; to the ship it’s $4.20 (plus a tip to the driver).

I was able to get a great price for the room, which I was lucky, as it was Easter weekend. In the future, I’ll see about booking a hotel with better amenities or something more modern. For the price and convenience to the ship, it’s okay for one night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be a great location and that you were happy with the level of cleanliness in your room.

I hope you will give us another chance in the future, thank you again.

Been to Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

Address: 1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#60 Top resorts Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port 2.5*
Welcome to Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Airport-Cruiseport, conveniently located within walking distance to the Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Art Institute. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space… amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina Hotel
Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.