“Good place for overnight stay prior to or after a cruise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

You added Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #56 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Sparta, Tennessee
“Good place for overnight stay prior to or after a cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

There were six of us, 4 adults and 2 children (under 12), and we arrived on a Friday. Our Cruise was the next day on RCL. We booked via hotels.com, and were able to secure two rooms next to each other. Don't expect a 5-star experience. We chose this hotel since it was close to the cruise port and offered shuttle service to and from the port. This hotel is very close (next door and across the street) to shops, restaurants, etc. There us a Carrabbas restaurant next door where we had dinner. I would stay there again and would recommend it for cruisers. I gave a bad restaurant for the hotel itself since it didn't have one.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street side since it is located on a main thoroughfare.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you found our hotel to be in a great location and that you thought we were a good fit for your cruise experience. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a solid two star hotel--like Motel 6,but a bit fancier with a lot more amenities. We, too, were looking for the one nite stay so that we would not miss our cruise departure. We paid $165 and tho I wanted to pay about $120, I used TA to evaluate the lower cost hotels and we had no choice--this was definitely the better value hotel. When one is going on a luxury cruise, we wanted to have a good nite's sleep and ESA fit the bill.

We totally lucked out on the shuttle usage. The airport has one of the most inefficient mandatory pick up circles that forces all shuttles to queue in one line and wait to drive to the head of the line to pick up passengers. There were eight ships in FLL that weekend and I suggested to Princess that the cruise lines fund an industrial engineering study to rework the traffic pattern. Really if they just coped LAX, they would be way ahead.

For ESA, I would like to suggest that they buy a second van to take care of the heavy traffic days. Rough observations tell me that Friday noon to sat noon is simply beyond the capacity of one van.

We could not get on their cruise shuttle Rez list until 0230 pm. The ship left at 0400 pm. Is that cutting it close and kind of stressful. On chek in, we decided to call a taxi on Sat AM when we got our feet on the floor. But when we got to the front desk and checked out, the cruise van was in front of the door. It was full or almost full. The woman driver was a strong mover shaker, I asked her if there was someway we could squeeze in and her eye calculated our one each carryon bag and she said, "If you will ride shotgun, I will take you." Just to deliver our van passengers to each of the eight ships took 45 minutes.

Yes, I would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It's great to hear that you found our hotel perfect for your cruise experience. I wanted to let know that we have recently added a second shuttle to our hotel in order to give better service to our guests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Guelph
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

quick trip via taxi from the airport. There is a mall close by and shopping all around. Resturants, wine store, food stores etc.Great location. Nice room. Then they had a shuttle to the cruise port. It was just wonderful service. Will stay there again. It was a good experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for such a wonderful review. I'm glad that you loved our location and found our rooms great. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Good pre-cruise hotel. Free shuttle that you have to book when checking-in. Restaurants close by. Our shuttle driver was funny and informative. Rooms are clean but a little on the small side. Free coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and our rooms fresh. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Horsham, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

For the price of a standard hotel room you get access to washer/dryers, full kitchen with full size fridge, dishes,silverware,glasses, pots&pans, not to mention grab N Go breakfast and free shuttle service. Ample selection of eatery and shopping choices all within walking distance . Simple, clean, and ample parking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you loved the amenities the hotel offered. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Before I start my review we have stayed at Extend A Stays in Canada before and always found them very acceptable.
We booked this hotel for one night before our cruise. Check in went smoothly however since our flights had been delayed and we didn't arrive at the hotel until around 9:00 pm there was no longer any space available on the free shuttle to the cruise port that would get us there before our ship departed. We were informed that we could take a taxi and that they were plentiful. Okay so no problem. I actually called down to the front desk in the morning to order a taxi and was told no need to as they only take 5 - 10 minutes to come. Be prepared to wait a LONG time for a taxi to come. We were actually lucky and ours arrived within15 minutes of having the front desk call for us once we were ready to leave. Others had been waiting up to 45 minutes when they went back in to have the front desk call after we had called. Not sure what their story was but the whole shuttle / taxi service is quite a mess on Saturdays. It was suggested to us to flag one down on the street. Husband tried that but was informed by a taxi driver that not all taxis can take you to the cruise port.
The location of the hotel was fine as there were places around to eat and get breakfast. The free breakfast that was included is a joke. When I went down to get a coffee (horrible) and something there was almost nothing and no one around to even ask. We actually went across the street to Starbucks, which was packed.
As I was sipping my horrible coffee while waiting for my husband I noticed that there were tiny bugs crawling around on the kitchen counters and kitchen cloths provided. They were actually tiny ants. YUCK. This for some reason prompted me to look at the mattress. Really wish I hadn't. It was absolutely covered in stains. Good thing I didn't look the night before.

We actually have this hotel booked again for a May 2013 cruise but I will be cancelling it.
When we returned from our trip I completed the survey that was sent to me from the hotel. As of this date I still have not heard anything back from them. Therefore I decided to do this review to prepare others as to what they might get.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. The experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize that you were unhappy with our shuttle service, hotel amenities and room condition. Our team is grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I am working with my team to improve our service, standards and amenities in the future.

In response to your feedback, I would like to speak with you personally to make it right in hopes that you will give our hotel and Extended Stay Hotels another chance in the future. Please contact me directly at fls@extendedstay.com so that we have the opportunity to discuss your review further. We hope to see you back at Extended Stay Hotels in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

Address: 1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #56 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port 2.5*
Welcome to Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Airport-Cruiseport, conveniently located within walking distance to the Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Art Institute. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space… amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina Hotel
Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.