“Awesome Property With Only One Flaw!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #55 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fairfax, Virginia
“Awesome Property With Only One Flaw!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel is one of the nicest Extended Stay's in the area. The only flaw with the property is the bedding. The beds are too hard. The rooms are very clean. The staff is very friendly. We felt like we were staying with friends instead of staying at a hotel. We will always remember that!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks regarding the bedding. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. I have shared your great comments regarding the staff to all of our team members and they truly appreciate that they excelled in their goal to make our guest feel like they are at home, or in your case staying at a friends instead of a hotel. I hope that we will see you again in the future and if there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the property!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Staff was absolutely amazing and very helpful!! The room was very clean and accommodating. It did not have shampoo/conditioner, but the front desk does have free samples (either Tres Semme or Garnier Fructis), amazing I know!

The property is smaller and from talks with the staff, some rooms are being completely renovated and changed into all non smoking, which is great! Changes were made to the grill area, which is a nice area to have while staying long term.

I would highly recommend this hotel for guests who are staying more than one night. :)

Room Tip: FYI- no pool or gym at this property, but you're only <2 miles away from the beach/Las Olas a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your stay with us! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! You did hear correctly from some of our team members that some of our rooms have been completely renovated and have changed into non smoking rooms. We will be continuing these improvements in the future as well! I am highly appreciative that you will recommend our hotel in the future and hopefully we will see you again on your next visit to the area!

Thank you!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I relocated to Ft. Lauderdale for my job in 2011. A co-worker told me of her experience with Extended Stay and how she enjoyed her stay in Washington, DC. She suggested that I try it. What a great choice. The room is perfect with a beautiful view, with all of the ammenities of being at home. The Manager and Staff are very professional, courteous, friendly, and extremely helpful; they have gone above and beyond to ensure that my stay at Extended Stay is comfortable, safe, and enjoyable everyday. I highly recommend Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina to anyone who is planning a visit to Fort Lauderdale in the near future.

Room Tip: Higher floors have beautiful view and less noise
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina.

If I can be any assistance in making future reservations at this location or any other locations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the property! Hopefully my staff and I will see you again in the future! Thank you for staying with us! "
Smyrna, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

our family really enjoys these chains of hotels.we are able to have a great vacation and have some of the amenities of still being at home,like laundry facilites and the kitchenettes. the manager was very friendly and extremely helpful.after leaving one hotel we were left with a truck full of luggage and 4 sleepy kids.the manager helped us with booking a room to fit our family's needs. we will stay there again.and it is minutes from the beach and close good malls!

Room Tip: small grab and go breakfast and they do not have a pool
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. I am so happy that we were able to help you have a great vacation in the Fort Lauderdale area and our rooms made you feel like we were your ""home away from home""
I hope that next year if you decided to come to Fort Lauderdale for your vacation that I see you again in the hallways here at the hotel!"
Mevaseret Zion, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

What's good?
The room is spacious, the kitchen\ is great to have, and I got room service eve though I was one night short of their reported policy (>6 nights).
Also, there is free WiFi access from the rooms.
Free airport shuttle.

What's not?
The breakfast that was promised in the room's price was a choice of fruit from a basket (oranges or apples, if they haven't run out), a granola bar and coffee. Had I known in advance I'd have bought more breakfast things in the supermarket. It was a real disappointment.
They don't publicize the free shuttle. I wonder if you can have them pick you up from the airport. That could save some cab money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share your comments with us. I am glad that you found the shuttle and fully equipped kitchens a great value. I look forward to seeing you again next time that you are in the Fort Lauderdale area!
Key Largo, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed here for three weeks and were satifsied with our stay. When we checked in we already knew the lay out of the building and brought necessary stuff for in the kitchenette (and pillows, etc) - so basically we were very well prepared for our stay.

There will be nobody at the door to help with the luggage, there will be nobody there to walk the extra mile. The staff is friendly though - they just never heard of extra hospitality.

If you want your room extra clean you might want to hold the vacuum cleaner yourself and clean the hard floor yourself too. The bed is not the most comfortable bed ever, it gave us a backache, but we were so tired at the end of our day we didn't care much.

If you ask something at the front desk and you are not happy with the answer, ask again the next day (another person will give you another answer that will satisfy you - LOL)

If you have to be in Fort Lauderdale for a longer period of time this is a great value proposition, it is really convenient (was for us, since we did some training at MPT on Andrews Ave). Our corner room was nice and light because of the extra window and we were very happy taking the stairs up and down to our room without being bothered by anybody.

If you are looking for a one night stay and want to be fairly comfortable - I suggest another place will serve your purpose better. But for an extended stay without having to put down too much money - great!

Room Tip: Try to be in a corner room - it gives you an extra window and brightens up the room. Also stay away...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Brainerd
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night before leaving on a cruise because they offered a free shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. The shuttle driver was very nice and that service was good and convenient. The hotel is very basic and somewhat run down. The beds were not comfortable and the elevator was so slow I wondered if it would ever move at times. The staff at the front desk were pleasant. The shower was slow and the water was tepid at best, and there was no shampoo. I forgot to ask the front desk if they had any, and was in the shower, so I just used some that I had surprisingly remembered to pack. No major complaints but not sure I would stay here again. It was very close to eating and shopping and that was a plus.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. We will use your comments and continue to look at ways to improve our bedding in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

Address: 1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #55 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port 2.5*
Welcome to Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Airport-Cruiseport, conveniently located within walking distance to the Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Art Institute. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space… amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina Hotel
Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;