Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #55 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Brainerd
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night before leaving on a cruise because they offered a free shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. The shuttle driver was very nice and that service was good and convenient. The hotel is very basic and somewhat run down. The beds were not comfortable and the elevator was so slow I wondered if it would ever move at times. The staff at the front desk were pleasant. The shower was slow and the water was tepid at best, and there was no shampoo. I forgot to ask the front desk if they had any, and was in the shower, so I just used some that I had surprisingly remembered to pack. No major complaints but not sure I would stay here again. It was very close to eating and shopping and that was a plus.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. We will use your comments and continue to look at ways to improve our bedding in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
California, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I arrived on a weekday mid-morning and took the complimentary shuttle to the hotel. The front desk staff was very professional and pleasant! I have requested early check-in in advance and was told it will not be guaranteed. When the room is ready, I was a very happy person!!

This is a 2-star rating hotel so don't expect any 'luxury' amenities. I have a Deluxe Queen Room. The room is clean and the bed is a little soft for me. The room area comes with a queen bed, TV, wireless interent, chests, 2 desk tables, 2 end tables, sitting chair, open closet, iron, and ironing board. The kitchen is just about the right size. It comes with 2 pots and pans, bowls/plates/utensils for 2 people, small cutting board, dish towels, and a coffee maker (1 bag of coffee and couple tea bags stored in the refrigerator with sugars). The bathroom could use some update on the fixtures. It comes with towels (thin), 2 bar soaps (hard), and wall-mounted hair dryer. I asked and got some shampoo and dish washing liquid from the front desk.

The hallway does smell a little.

The “grab and go” breakfast includes packaged muffins, fruits, granola bars, and coffee.

Location: Walking distance to the Convention Center, restaurants, and grocery store.

The shuttle only runs to the cruise port on Sunday until 2 PM. This does not affect my shuttle time request.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Davisburg, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed one night, leaving for a cruise the next morning. We checked in late and check in was good. The room itself was dirty- the bedspread had no less than 11 cigarette burns- some were 4 and 5 inches long. The smoke smell of the room just about knocked you over when you walked in. The shuttle to the cruise port was good and the driver was very nice. I guess to sum it up the staff was good but did not make up for the rooms. The smell from the sewage treatment plant behind the hotel is not great while waiting outside. I have stayed at at least 10 different hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area and this would be second from the bottom on my list- there are much better hotels in the area, guess thats what we get for booking last minute when nothing else was available.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I decided to book this hotel because it offered shuttle service between the airport and the hotel, and the hotel to the cruise port. I also chose it because they offered a free breakfast.

Well, the service does not accommodate incoming travelers for shuttle service from the airport from 10am-4pm because it shuttles people elsewhere. Nice. We had to take a $20 cab to get to the hotel. Our room smelled funny, but was clean, for the most part. Breakfast was a joke. They had 2 packaged muffins, a couple of apples and some coffee. I wouldn't even eat that if I was alone, let alone with my whole family.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Find a hotel somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kevin A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.

Fredericton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

From the time we got out off the shuttle we felt as if we were an imposition on the staff. We were fumbling with the door and our luggage. Lady from the front desk had just been looking though the door and left us there without offering to help. She could have held the door open. Then there were two ladies behind the desk and they seemed put out at having to deal with us. Night shift clerk was nice enough. The room was dirty. The windows had not been cleaned seemed like years. There was a kitchen with very little utensils and dishes. One pot. Terrible. We have stayed at many hotels and this was the worse kitchen I have ever seen. There was no table to eat at. The door kept getting stuck and you had to make a very loud noise to close it. We didn't get our room cleaned as we didn't trust any of the rude staff that we encountered.
Grab and go breakfast was a piece of fruit and a power bar (which they ran out of). Coffee was only available during breakfast time.
I would never ever stay here again. Looks good from the outside but beware.
Yes, it has a shuttle to the airport and cruise port but there are others that do as well. I would recommend Hampton Inn which I stayed at during same trip. See my review of that one.

Room Tip: Can't bring myself to be able to answer this one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Aristides M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."
South Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed here 1 night prior to a cruise. The location was good as it is very close to Port Everglades and surrounded by shops and restaurants. A Walgreens was very close by.
The room we had was clean and basic but very dark and the bathroom was ready for renovation. Free wifi in rooms. Free grab n go breakfast items incl muffins, granola bars, and coffee. Free shuttle to the cruise port.
Would stay again if the price was good but we felt we paid far too much .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This place is good to stay at for a few days. I liked the option of smoking or non. The tvs are big and beds are firm. Housecleaning is very attentive here. I liked the option of being able to smoke in the room. There is good security here in fact you have to enter a code to enter the building. Plenty of good restaurants around. Overall, recommend.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

Address: 1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #55 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port 2.5*
Welcome to Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Airport-Cruiseport, conveniently located within walking distance to the Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Art Institute. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space… amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina Hotel
Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.