You added Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Los Altos, California
“Just Ok!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This a very ok place to stay before a cruise - I would not stay longer than overnight!
Bed was good/comfortable, pretty old decor and a bathroom that needs serious updating and thorough cleaning particularly around the grout/door area of the shower!
The staff at the desk - Kelly was great!
The one big complaint was in regards to the shuttle driver hustling for a tip in a way that we thought was too excessive, i.e. going on about lifting the passengers heavy suitcases, etc..
Actually asking for a tip should probably be done by the GM or Supervisor who came to speak to us on the shuttle bus
I think most people prefer a basket/box with "tip welcome" which is so much better way to go.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, yesterday
DearFlower47Nevada! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you thought we were a good place to stay before a cruise and that my staff made a positive impression upon you! (Kelli does a great job for us on the overnight shift!) I do apologize for ANY of my employees either asking for a TIP or making a big deal out of what they are doing! This is unacceptable! Tips are 100% up to the guest and are earned by our drivers- not expected! I would be happy to discuss this further with you if you feel like it was over the top and get to the bottom of this and prevent it from happening again! My drivers do work appreciate tips....but again, it is totally on the service that they provide and should never be expected! Thanks for your valuable feedback and I want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Ingleside, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed in this Hampton prior to our cruise. This is a very friendly hotel, clean, well run and good breakfasts. A busy place as cruiser tend to stay here and the lobby is typically filled with those going and coming from either cruises or airport.

The front desk staff is outstanding. More than willing to assist, friendly and overall overtly welcoming weary or stressed travelers. I cannot say enough about the friendliness of the front desk staff.

Amazingly the remainder of the staff is just as friendly! Whether it be those cleaning your room or serving the many people attending breakfast this is one sincerely friendly hotel. It really stands out when you are accustomed to staying at "chain hotels" with established routines.

Shuttles are free from airport to hotel. The shuttles were well run and drivers were professional. Shuttles to the port were arranged by front desk and typical charges were applied. The shuttles were well organized, well run and our trip to the port was pleasant. Again drivers and those assisting drivers were very professional.

The room was well appointed Hampton accommodations. It was clean, HVAC was well controlled and the bed ultra comfortable. Shower and bathroom were in good condition and clean.

The WIFI was free and fast. Connection was easy and signal was strong throughout the hotel. Complimentary USA Today was available at the front desk.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Kevin B! WOW!! What a fantastic review of my hotel! Thanks so much for giving us your wonderful feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am so happy that you found the room to be clean, the shuttles to be organized and that you thought my staff was OUTSTANDING! I have been very blessed to have a fantastic staff and they work really hard to ensure all of our guests have a great stay! I sincerely appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Hello all - this is a fantastic hotel for a overnight accomodation pre or post cruise. Our stay was post cruise. Arrived at the hotel at noon. Room was available so that we could drop luggage and enjoy the day in Ft Lauderdale sightseeing. Hotel shuttle was awesome. Breakfast was awesome. Kimber was awesome. The hotel is very convenient to the airport, in saying that not much close for sightseeing, BUT the shuttle is awesome and complimentary.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello there R2_2014! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you had a great stay saying that you enjoyed the shuttle, the breakfast and that KIm took good care of you! She is one of my better employees! Thanks for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Paradise, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The rooms were clean and the staff very friendly. The shuttle driver picked us up from the FLL airport after a 20 minute wait from the first phone call. Hot breakfast and good coffee. Near stores for quick pickup of last minute items for cruise. Our shuttle (Quick Shuttle) was 1.5 hours late, we watched many shuttles leave All Stars, they charge the same and are there on time, so would recommend you use them for either Miami or FLL sea ports.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Howdy NancyZ912! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am very happy to hear that you found the room to be clean and comfortable as well as the staff to be professional , friendly and helpful! I am sorry to hear that your outside shuttle was not on time....All Stars for us...has been very good! Try them next time. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

White Lake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The amazing front desk staff makes you forget that your not on a beach or that there isn't a heated pool. They offer free shuttle service to and from the airport and even shuttled my group to dinner for free. Breakfast is good and the coffee is wonderful. I would especially recommend this hotel to groups. They are super accommodating and helpful, making group travel stress free.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello there Darcy C! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! WOW! what a nice review about my wonderful staff! Thanks, they work very hard to ensure you have a great start to your vacation! I am also very happy to hear that you found the room to be clean and comfortable. I appreciate the kind words about groups being well taken care of here! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

After a 16 hour day we were very tired and accidentally went to the wrong Hampton inn. Sunita at the front desk was swamped with lots of cruise passengers and phone calls but kept a friendly, professional and prompt disposition throughout. She helped us tremendously.
I probably would have had a melt down if I were in her position at that point but she's made of much stronger stuff! Great job, Sunita!

• Stayed December 2014
Greetings Crane81! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel and my staff member on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your business! Thanks for your kind words about Sunita- she is one of our newest employees.....but has really shown that she is a future superstar! I agree....She is made of something special when it comes to great customer service and patience! I will be sure to print your kind comments out on our "Wall of fame" and ensure she gets the kudos she deserves!! Thanks again for your business!
Hendersonville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The location is excellent if you need to get to the cruise terminal. The staff is friendly and the food is the usual hotel stuff. All in all, if I was intending to stay for more than a night I'd probably go somewhere else. As it was, for a one night stay before a cruise, it works fine. We stay in Hamptons whenever we can. They provide transportation to the cruise terminal for a small fee.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello there John E! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am very happy to hear that you found the room to be clean and comfortable as well as the staff to be professional , friendly and helpful! Thanks for saying that you had a great experience and that you will be back! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!