Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 SW 12th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book Today!
Ranked #20 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Vacation 2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This Hampton Inn had a great location with walking distance to good food, Walgreens, nice laundry and minutes from the beach. Very nice people there to serve and assist. Room was very clean and spacious. Kitchette was nice. Cozy and comfortable room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hello there KayL! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am thrilled that you found the rooms to be clean and spacious and found the mini fridge and microwave to be helpful! Nice to hear that our staff was very nice and assisted you with all of your needs. Thanks for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

865 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Livonia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

From the moment the complimentary Hampton Inn shuttle bus picked us up at the airport, we were treated very well. Check-in and check-out were efficient, the room was nicely appointed and seemed very new. I enjoyed the comfortable bed, wi-fi, microwave and mini-frig in our room, and the beautiful complimentary breakfast buffet. This hotel was immaculately clean and well-appointed, with friendly staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hey there PatriciaB!! Thanks for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you though the hotel was excellent and that you were treated very well by all my staff for your whole stay! Also very happy to hear you say the hotel was very clean! I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Clovis, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We highly recommend this hotel to those who are staying in the Port Everglades area especially for those who are going on a cruise. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and vice versa. They also have a shuttle from the hotel and Port for a minimal fee. Hotel staff is very friendly and attentive and works with a caring heart. They anticipate your needs and will make you feel special. They have free wifi and breakfast which is a plus.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings Sams551! I wanted to personally thank you for writing such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! Very sweet of you to say our hotel has a "caring heart"!! I have been blessed to have a GREAT staff that goes out of their way to make sure our guests have a great start or end to their vacation!! We appreciate your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel is just about average. Nothing extra-ordinary about it.

Good
- Free breakfast
- Free ride from the airport
- proximity to a mall (just next door)
- Hospitable staff

Not so Good
- Price (though the price is reasonable, there were many many options in this range. Can try some other hotel)
- Room layout (I hardly ever notice the layout of the room, but this was really something that couldn't go un-noticed). Examples:
* the bed is so close to the closet that the only way to access is sitting/standing on the bed. Hardly any room to stand and work. Makes all the more difficult to pull out the iron
* no charging points around. Most of the charging points were either behind the furniture or the ones provided on lamps. Again difficult if you want to charge multiple devices and use iron
* Not so convenient placement of toilet paper
- Shower area is very small

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ashwin_Kalra! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am happy that you found the staff to be very hospitable and you enjoyed the breakfast. I am sorry to hear that you did not like the hotel layout and the way the hotel was built (The bed placement, the toilet paper placement and the small shower). I did want to point out that we do have 2 wall units for plugs in addition to both lamps having 2 available slots- this usually meets most of our guests needs- I will pass along your comments to get more.

Thanks again for your business and I would like to invite you back for another try on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Okemos, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This Hampton Inn is in need of updating. Room cleaning staff is good but the rooms need a facelift. The bedding is worn but clean. Breakfast service is very good. Was at this location for a week. The desk service was poor. That is to say some of the staff were excellent and others could care less about the guest. Several times desk left unmanned at night as co-wokers squabbled about their personal relationship. Employees seemed nice just not supervised well enough. Last night of stay thermostat went out in room. Repeated calls to desk did not produce maintenance. Instead of fixing the problem was offered 25 credit. Does that correct 85 degrees at night and no sleep? Morning shift was not informed...goes to lack of communication on property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Tom W! Thanks for giving us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you found the room and the hotel to be clean and the breakfast service to be good. My humble apologies for what you experienced at the desk. After calling you today, I am happy to hear that you say that most of the staff was Excellent, but sorry to hear that you had one bad experience with a staff member that was chatting with another staff member while guests were walking by! (UNACCEPTABLE in my book!). I wll immediately have conversations with the culprit and put an end to this lack of service offered. I took the liberty of adjusting your bill for the issues that you had and please accept my personal apologies and my assurance that this will never happen again!

Milford, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I will preface this review by writing that I have stayed at other Hampton Inns, and I have been happy with the well known chain of hotels. This was not a happy stay. My husband and I were in Florida for a mixed work/vacation week. We booked this room for only one night, our last before flying home. We chose this hotel as it has a close proximity to the airport. We arrived about 10:35 PM. Check in was smooth. ( Be mindful that if you book a Hilton Group hotel through a site like Hotels.com, you will not get points on your Hilton Honors account)
We were given a room on the fifth floor- we got up there, and were mindful of the paint smell and the heat of the fifth floor. We figured this is the room they had available and went in. I went to the restroom and noticed 2 things right away- one, the toilet- let us just say it had evidence of a prior guest- and there was a sign saying something about the water pressure was adjusted to what the city of Fort Lauderdale required, which would sometimes cause the water to not run clear ----Never saw this sign in any other hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. Anyway, upon flushing- the toilet did not work. When we went to call downstairs, the phone did not work. We called the front desk and after waiting in the hallway with our trolley for 17 minutes, a man came up with a key for a room across the hall. We opened the door and the room stunk as if there had been a flood and the mold was just allowed to grow. In addition, it was hot- when the man tried to adjust the AC, he concurred that it did not work. He went back down, came back in about 10 minutes and we were given a room on the second floor. Immediately we could feel it was 25 degrees cooler. the room was ok. After the frustrating experience we had just had, the bed was very inviting- The AC was ok- it never really cooled the room, but it was better than the fifth floor inferno. I must write that this was a disappointing last night of my trip to Florida- and it really ended this trip to Florida on a bad note. While traveling home today, I just kept wondering why anybody would put guests on the fifth floor in July in south Florida when other rooms were available. - Anyway, unless some changes are made, spend your money elsewhere. One good note, the shuttle driver was awesome.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dogmom11236- Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that you found the hallways to be hot and the 5th floor to "smell". We did just upgrade the hotel hallways so they would look great for our incoming guests- my apologies that the hallways still had an odor to them. I also apologize for the lack of cleanliness in the room and the fact that the A/C didnt work properly. These are things we usually get right and obviously we missed the mark with your room. Please feel free to contact me if i can do anything to "make it right" and I will be happy to. My apologies and thanks for letting me know.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My sisters and I stayed here before/after our cruise and found the experience to be wonderful!! Tina and Martha at the front desk went out of their way to assist us with printing boarding passes, arranging transport to the port, and any other needs that popped up during our stay. Racquel managed the complimentary breakfast efficiently and with a smile. I'm returning to this hotel in August with my family and I'm looking forward to the same level of service,cleanliness and efficiency. The location is great if you need to pick up suntan lotion or other amenities as there is a Winn Dixie right across the street, several good restaurants within easy walking distance, and great pizza delivered right to the hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Greetings Lovetocruise2014! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you had a wonderful experience at my hotel and that Tina, Martha and Raquel all made a positive impression on you! They are all great employees and I have been blessed to have such a wonderful staff! We truly appreciate your business and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit in August to SUNNY FLORIDA!!