“Good for one night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

You added Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Muskego, Wisconsin
“Good for one night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I really wanted to give this hotel 5 stars, but it fell just short. The shuttle from the airport to the hotel was very prompt and efficient. The driver took the time to point out places to eat and pick up any forgotten items. Check in was efficient and friendly. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable - on the small side compared to other Hamptons but it more than met our needs for one night. I wouldn't call the area around the hotel great. It's acceptable and probably pretty typical being so close to the airport. We walked to the shopping mall across the street during lit hours so all was fine. I'm not so sure I would do it at night or alone based on the people standing around the mall. My husband wondered if there was a methadone clinic nearby.

My shortfall was the shuttle. I had booked my 2 rooms almost a year in advance when the shuttle to the cruise port was free. I called 2 times prior to our arrival to confirm this and was assured each time we would not be charged anything additional. At check in, this was confirmed again - no charge since we booked before the policy change. When my bill arrived under the door, both rooms were charged $6 per person for the shuttle! I promptly went downstairs and the clerk assured me this was incorrect, my reservation showed no charge and my credit card would be credited. Needless, to say I'll be checking my card in a few days to confirm I was refunded the charge. The shuttle the next day was chaotic, but I blame it on one very disorganized group of passengers who couldn't quite get it together. Not the end of the world.

Would I stay here again? Maybe...it's clean and the staff is friendly. I just find these little items to be inconvenient and now it's my responsibility to follow up on someone else's mistake. For a longer stay, I would find something closer to the beach or a full service location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Hello Weltz5! Thank you for a great detailed review about your stay with us! I am so glad the shuttle was prompt and efficient. It is comforting to know your check in was smooth and your guest room was satisfactory! Yes just like an area, I wouldn't walk around too late at night. I am deeply sorry we fell short during your shuttle experience. We do currently charge $6 per person for the shuttle, but if you booked before January we promised we would keep our word and provide it for free. I apologize regarding the misunderstanding, but I am happy to know it was fixed! Mistakes happen and I am happy to know a resolution was provided. Thank you for your business! We will get it right next time! I can't wait to welcome you back to SUNNY Florida

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Clarion, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was a great hotel to stay at before a cruise. The facility was clean, employees were friendly, and they provide a shuttle to/from airport. There is also a shuttle (charge per person) that provides transportation to the cruise port. They also offer pre-paid shuttle services after the cruise is over to the airport which is welcomed. Only negative was lack of seating for the breakfast but we were in a hotel full of cruise-ready customers.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and had no complaints.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Greetings Ann J! Wow what spectacular comments about our hotel! I am so happy you enjoyed all the services we had to offer. It is refreshing to hear you enjoyed your guest room and our friendly staff! Yes, we have our complimentary shuttle to and from the airport and we have a cruise port shuttle for just a small fee of $6 per person. I apologize about the lack of seating during breakfast time, but as you can see we are a super busy hotel! Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your business! I can't wait to welcome you back to PARADISE!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This place makes your vacation more enjoyable. I really loved the area had many stores and places to eat. The stores were a walk away. The breakfast was remarkable and the fact that we could save money by not paying for outside eating places were great for the price we paid for our rooms. Thanks Hampton and we will see you soon

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Greetings Rashalynm! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am very happy that you found the breakfast to be very nice and found our location to be very helpful to the strip mall next door for shopping and eating! I thank you for your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Fairfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Hotel very nice, clean, great for overnight stay before cruise. Service was excellent from drivers to front desk staff. The pool was clean. Brandon at front desk is terrific. He was very willing to assist in getting us transportation to HardRock.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello there Cheryl! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip advisor!! I am thrilled that you found the hotel to be very nice, clean and the service to be excellent! I am very happy that Brandon made a positive impression on you as well! I truly appreciate your business and would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I love the Hampton Hotels! We always stay with them when we are traveling. They are great hotels, in this particular one, every thing was great, the service was impeccable, the rooms roomy, clean and very comfortable. They offer complementary hot breakfast and the quality of the food is superior. In addition, they offer complementary shuttle from and to the airport. They are centrally located, close the the port and airport and most attractions. Did I mention, they have competitive prices and honor AAA. I would definitely stay there again with my family.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Greetings Littlemilou!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you found everything at my hotel to be GREAT! Thanks for saying that the service was impeccable and the room was clean and comfortable! I appreciate your business and would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Just your standard Hampton Inn. This one is older and in need of a little TLC. The room was great. Of course they had the very comfortable Hampton Inn bed. Breakfast was good. The front desk staff was lacking basic customer service skills. Im not sure how you say her name started with a J but it seemed as if I was bothering her when asking basic questions. Then we asked her for a few extra pillows and blankets and she said someone would bring them, but hours later no one did. I went to the front desk and a man was there I believe his name was Brandon he was very apologetic and he personally went and got what I asked for HOURS ago. He then offered me a free water and snack for waiting so long which I thought was very nice of him. Security was in the parking at night. There is a shopping area with many stores great for picking up last minute items before your cruise. Shuttle service was fast and easy. I would give this hotel another try if going on a cruise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello there SussanT! Thanks for taking a moment to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am very happy that you found the room to be clean and the beds to be comfy! I am Happy that Brandon did a good job and impressed you with his service recovery. My apologies that we appeared to be short with you at the desk, I will ensure this does not happen again! I am thrilled that you said you would gladly give us another try and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Hotel is older but kept up well. Very good for an overnighter which is what we did to catch an early flight. They allowed us to leave our vehicle on the premises for up to 10 days for only $50.00 extra(a heck of a lot better than leaving it at the airport parking garage). It was safe and secure. The shuttle drivers were excellent, at the airport in about 5 minutes. The complementary breakfast was very good, good selection for any picky eater.

Room Tip: The bed was super comfy
Green Features: great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Hey there Taylorgirl2005!! Thanks so much for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you found the bed to be comfy and the hotel to be safe and secure for your vehicle! It also sounds like you enjoyed our hearty breakfast and YES….we are a Green property! (linen reuse, recycle bin out back, ext). I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!