“friendly excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

You added Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oceanside, New York
“friendly excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed here for business, rooms are neat, clean and comfortable, This is a very quiet area at night so little to no noise while sleeping. Paige and Melissa were great at the bar. very friendly and helpful with dinner ideas, places to go!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Hello Kristin S! Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on trip advisor. We sincerely appreciate your business! I am happy that the room was quiet and that our staff helped make your stay better! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Woodland Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed overnight prior to our Cruise. Free Shuttle to hotel right after walking out of baggage
claim. What a pleasant surprise. The Hotel was immaculate….beautiful room and very
comfortable bed. Front desk called for a shuttle to take us to the Water Taxi stop. Just
$10 each way. If this is your first time in Fort Lauderdale, put the Water Taxi on your must do
list. Also there is a nice strip mall next to the hotel to pick up last minute items you may need
for the Cruise. Nice Breakfast Buffet ! If you are taking a Cruise, book a month or more in
advance to get the best rate. My hotel was just $119 ( Senior Discount) If you wait until the
week before the Cruise, all the hotel prices increase significantly. I have stayed in five star
hotels in Las Vegas ….the only difference between them and this Hampton Inn is the size
of the room. The kudos must go to the Manager. Not all Hampton Inns are alike. Oh yes,
$6 shuttle to cruise in the morning.

Room Tip: Stayed on Ground Floor. room 105. Very quiet close to front entrance.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hello there Jan1942Woodland!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review on Trip Advisor! I am Thrilled that you thought our hotel was 5 star and that the hotel and your room were immaculate! Sounds like you also enjoyed our breakfast, the shuttle and found our location to be very helpful for cruisers! I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!!

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here just for a one night visit. The hotel is clean and the staff members are pleasant. The breakfast in the morning was great! Guava juice is even served... Cofee is hot, bagles soft, fruit was fresh, flavorful eggs, etc. The gym is small but I still broke a sweat on the machines. Room was comfortable and very spacious. Bed was comfortable and the room stayed nice and cool throughout the night. Bathroom was clean and modern. Enjoyed our stay and I would reccomend again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Greetings Alex5683! Thanks for giving us your feedback on your most recent stay with us on Trip Advisor! I am thrilled that you found the room to be clean, the breakfast to be great, and most of all.....the staff to be pleasant and helpful! I am happy that you said you not only recommend but that you would return on your next visit! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Paradise!

chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I searched trip advisor for a reasonably priced, highly rated pre-cruise hotel and settled on this one. We rented two rooms and overall were pleased. The hotel was clean, the rooms were adequate and the beds were comfortable. Upon checking-in, we reserved a departure time the next morning to our cruise ship at a cost of $6/person. The bus arrived on time and took us directly to the port. Yes, the lobby is on the small size, but we did not spend any time in the lobby except to check in and to wait for the shuttle bus the next morning. The neighborhood around the hotel appeared safe, but was certainly not the best part of town. We walked a few blocks from the hotel to a German restaurant and had a great meal. There are at least a couple of restaurants that will come and pick you up and that might be a good option for you if you don’t want to walk to the German restaurant or are a little nervous in this area after dark. The free breakfast was as expected and thus OK. In all, a solid choice for a one night stay prior to a cruise.

Room Tip: Take a shuttle to a restaurant for dinner
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
How ya doin Vinnyjake? Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am very happy that you had a good experience with us and felt we were a "Solid Choice" for cruisers! It sounds like you enjoyed the breakfast and had a good experience with the shuttle. NIce to hear that you enjoyed Old Heidleberg restaurant- Excellent German food! I also appreciate you saying that you felt the area was safe.......our area is more industrial since we are close to the marinas and the cruise port, its safe....just not the shiny new penny on the block! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Mr. Blevins is the nicest man I have every met in any Hotel we have ever stayed. He and his staff go out of their way to help my wife and I. My wife is in a wheelchair, and he sees to it that we have an accessible room for us and handicap transportation. He has done much more than any body has ever done for us and it is greatly appreciated. His staff is always very helpful as well.

Carlos & Joanne Echaniz

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Greetings Carlos! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! Carlos, I truly appreciate all your kind words about myself and my staff! It is Always my pleasure to ensure that you and your wife are comfortable while staying in my hotel. All you have to do is let us know ahead of time that you have an accessible need and we will be happy to give you the room and the transportation you need. Carlos, thanks for continuing to stay in my hotel and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My family of 5 stayed here pre-cruise. The staff at this hotel are among the best I've ever encountered (and stay in hotels 3 nights per week). There is a McDonalds and other quick service food options in walking distance, as well as a grocery store (which we found helpful for last minute cruise needs). The surrounding area is not very walkable or an area that you would go for a nice, aesthetically pleasing morning run. However, if you are looking for nice hotel with great service, free airport shuttle, and a reliable, $6 transfer to the cruise port - this is a great hotel choice and I highly recommend it. My kids enjoyed the pool area as well (outdoor pool).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hello there Juliet R!! Thanks so much for writing such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! WOW!! Now thats about as nice of a statement about our service....as we have heard in a long time! (to say that my staff provided you with...... "as good of service as you have ever encountered"?) Thats a WOW statement! Thanks so much for saying that! I will immediately print this one off and show my wonderful staff your comments! I am also happy that you thought both our airport shuttle and our cruise port shuttle were reliable and a good value! As far as the area goes....we are a typical airport /Cruise port area- not a bad area- just industrial! Our location value is being only 2 miles from the cruise port and the airport as well as being close enough to the beach for nice walks or runs (4 or 5 miles to beach). I am Thrilled that you had a good stay with us and happy that you say you would highly recommend my hotel! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Almont, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Clean, convenient and perfect for a night before or after a cruise. Shuttle from airport is included and have a shuttle you can purchase to cruiseport! Enjoyed the pool and complimentary breakfast. With so many hotels in the area its hard to know whats a good one! This is it! Would do this again next time!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Greetings PickyT_13! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am so happy that you thought the hotel was clean, the shuttle to be Convenient and it sounds like you enjoyed the pool and breakfast as well. Thanks so much for saying my hotel is one of the "good ones" and for saying that you would return to the hotel. That being said....I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit back to Paradise!