“Wonderful staff! Perfect pre-cruise stop!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 SW 12th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book Today!
Ranked #19 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Wonderful staff! Perfect pre-cruise stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night before leaving for a Disney Cruise and it was a wonderful experience! From check in with Kim Cognet to Jean driving me to Walgreens to pick up a prescription that I left at home, our kids and grand kids really enjoyed everything. Raquel was a perfect hostess at breakfast and Kim was able to arrange transportation to our cruise port. And, while it cost. $85 for our group of 6 to get into Miami port, it was much less expensive than paying a premium price in Miami! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Greetings Robin A! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that your most recent stay with us was a "Wonderful Experience"! I am thrilled that 3 members of my staff made such a strong impression on you.....Raquel, Kim and Jean....They all are great employees that do their best to take care of our guests! Thanks so much for saying that you would stay here again, that is the biggest compliment you can give us! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

841 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Our party of eight stayed here for one night prior to a cruise. This hotel is very conveniently located near the airport and cruise port.
We found the transportation offerings to be excellent! The hotel shuttle from the airport was prompt to arrive and clean. Shuttle service to the port was well organized and easy.
The hotel is within walking distance of a strip mall with restaurant choices, a grocery store and a liquor store. What more could be needed? Since we used shuttle transportation and had no car, this was a wonderful convenience.
The hotel was clean, rooms were ready when we arrived and the breakfast was quite good.
We will be staying here again next year!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Greetings Laurie L! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you thought the rooms were clean and the breakfast was good! Thanks also for mentioning that you found the transportation to the port to be Excellent! We are hearing really good feedback about our new shuttle offering and we are very happy they worked well for you. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

6 of us stayed here one night prior to leaving on a cruise. We arrived early (before Noon) and were told we would be called when our rooms were ready, which was expected to be around 1:30 p.m. The shuttle drove us to a restaurant that was recommended for lunch. We took our time and then decided to do some shopping. Never received a call so at 3:00 we called and were told the rooms were still not ready and that we would be called when they were! We decided to go see a movie at a nearby theatre and afterwards walked back to the hotel. By this time is was almost 6:00 p.m. and our rooms were finally ready, but no phone call! Other than that, the front desk staff were very nice, but someone dropped the ball by not calling us. The hotel itself was fine, but could really use some updating. The bedding needs some updating too. My mattress definitely needed to be replaced! I've stayed at other Hamptons which were much nicer so this one definitely would benefit from a facelift. Breakfast was very good and the shuttle to the port was quick and easy. Even arranged for the shuttle to pick us up upon return from the cruise and take us to the airport. We are planning another cruise leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale next year and are not sure we will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hello there Maricarmp! Thanks for taking the time to write a review about my hotel on Trip Advisor (Although, I am wondering if the review is for my hotel? You mentioned that you walked back from the theater.....We have NO theater that can be walked to and our check ins at my hotel are always available by 3 ish-The nearest theater to us is easily 3 to 4 miles. The Hampton on Stirling has a Theater a few blocks away) I am happy that overall you had a good stay and the staff was nice. It also sounds like the transportation worked out for you as well! I would love to welcome you back ( or welcome you here if review is not for my hotel) on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Troy, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our family stayed here 2/28/2014 for the night before a cruise. Shuttle from airport was there in 10 minutes after we called then 10 minutes to hotel. Check in very quick and easy. Any "settling in" requests taken care of very fast. Comfortable beds and quiet clean rooms. Breakfast was good, but with all the cruisers eating, space was at a premium. Shuttle service to Port Everglades ($5 per person) was very efficient and organized. This staff has a do it the right way approach and they all try very hard to make guests feel at home. Shopping center across the street for last minute items. McDonald's adjacent to hotel and a few other restaurants within close walking distance. Was a great start to a great vacation!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello there Joseph K! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business!! I am so happy that you found the room to be clean and the bed comfortable! I am also glad to hear that you thought my staff had a "do it the right way approach"! Thanks also for complimenting the new shuttle service- we have heard great feedback on it! We are honored to help you start your vacation off right! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Hotel was clean and the service was great!! No fault of the hotel, but breakfast was very busy, so we ate at a local diner! We enjoyed sitting by the pool and catdching up before we left the area for our cruise. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Greeting Chris S! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you thought the hotel was clean and the service was GREAT! Sorry to hear that you didnt get to enjoy our fabulous breakfast- I know it gets busy in that area (Especially on cruise weekends from 9am to 10am).

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Everything went smoothly. It looks like it could use some updating other then that, it was clean, quite, bed wasn't that comfy. They squeaked and caved in a bit. I think they may need replacing. The reception area wasn't as nice as most Hampton inns and they had Apples out that were spoiled. I didn't have the breakfast this time but typically Hamptons serve a good choice. The hallways were a bit outdated, walls dirty, stained carpeting. But I still enjoyed my stay. Location was not the greatest.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dana N! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that overall everything went smoothly! I am also glad to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and quiet. My sincere apologies that you did not like the beds-we usually get more compliments on our beds than just about anything! I will have our maintenance department ensure they are all up to standard. Also my apologies on the apples, I will ensure they are all fresh and ready to go. I am thrilled that overall you still enjoyed your stay. Thanks again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect for a pre or post cruise stay! With Hampton Inn, you know what to expect and this Hampton delivers. The standout would have to be David Blevins, General Manager. Friendly, ultra helpful and caring. Definitely left a positive lasting impression. This was our first visit to the area and David was most helpful with restaurant recommendations AND transportation to and from restaurants. Transportation to and from ports was very well organized. Highly recommend this hotel !!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Greetings Monica M! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! And Thanks for the kind words about the Old GM! ( I'll pay ya later!....:)
I am humbled that I made a lasting impression on you...... I am so happy that you also found out new shuttle offering to be very well organized! We try very hard to make sure that everyones cruise starts off on a GREAT foot! I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!