“Pre-cruise stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

You added Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 SW 12th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%!
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Pre-cruise stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great shuttle service from airport to docks and back. Good place for pre/post cruise stay. The staff was friendly and cheerful. The shuttle to a great restaurant was a good service. Breakfast was very good and plentiful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello there Jerry M! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am so happy that you found the staff to be friendly and cheerful as well as the new shuttle service to be great and on time! I truly appreciate your business and want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Hudsonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had a great stay at the Ft Lauderdale Airport Hampton! Very clean, up to date, convenient, and wonderful staff. Everything was top notch, and I feel like I was treated special at every turn. Next time you're there, make a point to meet the manager Dave, and tell him I said hi! If you have time, you also have to try the German restaurant, (The Old Heidelberg) across the street! It was simply fantastic (also a recommendation from Dave) - Just like Grandma used to make it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Greetings James B! I want to personally THANK YOU for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you found the hotel to be clean, up to date and you felt that you were treated special at every turn! I am also happy that you had a nice experience at Old Heidelberg- they do a nice job if you like German food! Thanks again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Loveland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Arrived at hotel at 4pm which is their scheduled check in time. I knew that there were issues when there were people all over the lobby waiting. When I arrived at the desk I was told there were no clean rooms and that it would be about 15 or 20 minutes. At 4:30 went back to the desk and the clerk was rude as hell, as I stood in front of her I was ignored. Finally I asked if my room was ready and she replied no. When I asked when it would be ready her reply was see all the people in the lobby they are ahead of you. I finally walked away. Around 5:15 I again went back to the desk and was told that the room still was not ready. They informed me it would only be a few more minutes. At 6:18 I was finally given a room. Rooms are very outdated, and have a musty oder. Will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Roger F- Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with Hampton Inn. I do however have to question whether you stayed at my hotel, the Hampton Inn at 2301 SW 12th ave on SR 84? There are 3 Hampton Inn hotels within a 3 mile radius and lots of guests get us confused. Our Executive Housekeepers actually leave the hotel at 5pm and ALL rooms have to be in the system as clean and ready to be given to guests. You had mentioned that you were not given a room until after 6pm. Also our official check in time is 3pm... not 4pm as you stated, so there would be no reason for you not to have been able to check in by 4pm or 4:30pm at the very latest! Even on our busiest days.....we have ALL of the rooms in the system by 5pm. Believe me, I am a stickler for meeting our check in time obligation for our wonderful guests! I did take the liberty of checking our system for your reservation and there is no Roger F from Loveland that has stayed with my hotel in the last 45 days. Please allow me to offer you to CONTACT ME DIRECTLY so that i can ensure that this review gets to the correct hotel or so that I may discuss this total lapse in service on the very slim chance that this was our hotel..... and I will make it right with you. We want all of our guests to be happy guests!
Thanks for your feedback,

Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I want to make a shout-out to the Sales Director at the Hampton Inn. Elaine D. was very knowledgeable and helpful with my planning of my future trip to Fort Lauderdale. Her professionalism and insight was truly appreciated. Elaine is a true asset to the Hampton Inn. Thanks again Elaine

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Robusto1973! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I especially appreciate you mentioning that Elaine Dejesus, our Director Of Sales, was very helpful, professional and knowledgeable in helping you plan your trip! Elaine is a great employee and I agree....a true asset to our hotel! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed here post-cruise and chose it because of the free shuttle from the port. However, they failed to tell us that the shuttle list is very long and it is first-come, first-served. The lobby was packed with people waiting for their shuttle call. The bathroom was full of black mold and the toilet paper holder was hanging out of the wall. A/C or heater was very noisy. When I mentioned it to the front desk, all they said was, OK we will look into it and sorry about that. Nothing was ever done about it. Very old, outdated hotel that needs upkept in view of the massive amounts of people coming in and out for cruises. Most likely would not recommend to my friends. We are HHonors Gold and ALWAYS stay at Hampton....but have NEVER seen one this bad.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Cruisers2014! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. My humble apologies that you thought the room was dirty and needed repairs. We do our very best to ensure that every room is clean and well maintained for our new guests...but every now and then we drop the ball and miss something.... and for that I apologize! (most of our reviews show we get it right most of the time) In the future, whenever you check into ANY room that is not up to your standards or liking, please call the front desk and ask for a Manager and we would be delighted to change your room or make things right! If given the opportunity to fix the issue, we will always find the perfect room for you and our mission is to make all of our guests happy! As far as the shuttle goes, you must have stayed prior to January 2014? We have updated the shuttle offering and it is Smooth sailings now....we have outsourced large 25 and 33 passenger vans and it makes things so much easier! We can accommodate any amount of people at any of the times that we offer so no more first come first serve! Again, my sincere apologies that the room was not to your liking and you felt that we did not take care of things. I welcome you to contact me directly at Dblevins@vistahost.net and I would be happy to try and "Make it right"!
Thanks for letting us know.
Fort Lauderdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Hotel was clean and comfortable. Nice free breakfast. Outdoor swimming pool water was TOO cold to go swimming. I thought the price was a bit steep but then all hotels around the cruise port are pretty pricey. It's a 2 1/2 * hotel going for a 4 * price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hello Michael S! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We appreciate your business. I am happy you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable as well and it sounds like you enjoyed our free hot breakfast! I do apologize about the rate- its just that time in the season where all the hotels get a premium due to the supply and demand of the cruise business! Also a lot of the pools in South Florida are not heated due to the very hot temperatures that occur here for most of the year. I am sorry it was too cold- I will order up some hotter weather for you next time!.....:) I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise. Beds are very comfortable, clean and wonderful staff. Three days into our cruise, my husband realized that he forgot our coats at the hotel. I called from the ship and spoke to Manager, Dave Blevins, who told me that he had our coats and that they were safely locked in his office. He helped me make arrangements with the shuttle company and the coats were picked up at the hotel and brought to me at the cruise port when we disembarked two weeks later. Kudos to Dave for going above and beyond. Thanks to all of the staff. See you next January.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Howdy there Joan C! Thanks for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that you thought the beds were clean and comfortable and the staff was wonderful! It was my sincere pleasure to ensure that you received your coats and we were happy to deliver them to the port so you would have them for your flight home! (you definately need coats in Canada.....its COLDDDD up there!) I am very happy that we will see you again next January and I would love to personally welcome you back to WARM SUNNY FLORIDA!! ......:)