“Transportation great ~ Staff even better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 SW 12th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book Today!
Ranked #19 of 132 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
South Waterford, Maine
“Transportation great ~ Staff even better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the second time while taking a cruise and was impressed AGAIN at how fantastic this hotel is. David, the manager, is always available and super friendly. Sarah is great and the whole staff bends over backwards for all the guests.

I’m not sure what some of the previous reviewers are thinking. They must be delusional to think that the shuttle with be there the minute they get off the plane and that they might not have to wait a few extra minutes for a busy hotel’s complementary shuttle. On both of our trips, all the vans were very busy, but they still got us to the port wayyyy before our ship left (which is really all we care about). If you are that pressed to get to the port, why not just take a cab for around 10 buck?? Relax, you're on vacation.

We've always had a great experience at this hotel….. rooms are always clean, staff is fantastic and we definitely be back for a third stay next year!! LOVE IT.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello there CruiseDiva201!! Ahhhhh....the voice of reason!....:) I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate your business! I am thrilled that you were impressed with the staff and that you had a good experience with the shuttle. ( still chuckling over your shuttle comments!) We do our very best to minimize the wait times and most of our guests are very happy with our shuttle service- I am happy you were too! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel for your THIRD great stay on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

735 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Dracut, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Booked one night prior to cruise sailing. Free shuttle service, fast and the flamingos were a great way to pick out the shuttle. Small strip mall with a Subway and a MacDonalds within walking distance. We had dinner at the sports bar. Staff recommended it and we were not disappointed. It was happy hour so we got two for one drinks and the food was great. Breakfast was included in the morning and the staff worked exceptionally hard to keep it stocked. Coffee and tea and cookies all day was a great treat as well. Would stay here again. Linda O.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Greetings Linda O, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am so happy that you had a great stay and enjoyed free shuttle. It also sounds like you enjoyed the area restaurants and especially when the staff recommended Slackers Sports Bar right next door.(They have the BEST Onion Rings!). I am very happy that you said you would stay here again, that is a huge compliment. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Transportation was a nightmare. We waited almost an hour for a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, even though every time we called to check we were told that it was already on the way. When we finally checked in at the hotel, we reserved an 11:45 ride to the cruise port the next morning. We made sure to be in the lobby early to make sure we're on time. At 11:45 were told that the shuttle had an "unexpected pickup" but would be there in 20 minutes. When people began arriving for the 12:30 shuttle, we were assured by the hotel that we would still be on the next shuttle. When a shuttle arrived at 12:25, we were told that the shuttle was for the group who had registered for the 12:30 shuttle going to the same port that we were but it was full and we would have to wait for the next shuttle going to our port. After multiple people from the 11:45 shuttle complained at length, we were finally put on a shuttle; however, that was going to a different cruise line first. We had to wait for the passengers who were late for the 12:30 shuttle for the other ship and we didn't even leave the hotel until over 10 minutes after the 12:30 shuttle had departed. Then we still had to go to the other cruise port before ours! In addition to the transportation issues, the breakfast was poorly stocked so we had to keep returning to see if more food had arrived. We booked the hotel based on the good reviews so this may have been an "off" couple of days for the hotel but it really ruined the start of our trip and I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello Jewelanne 1021! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. My sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations with regards to shuttle service. Usually our shuttle service is the one thing that gets the most compliments and we try to stay as organized as is humanly possible! We do our very best to get everyone picked up and get everyone to the cruise port in a reasonable timeframe. On very busy weekends we may have up to 8 ships at the cruise port AND have 80 arrivals to pick up from the airport. We run 3 shuttles every 45 minutes just to keep up with the massive demand that my hotel has been blessed to have. So in your situation- we had 3 separate shuttles scheduled for 11:45 am to the port and we alternate each van to hit the airport in between cruise port runs- so it sounds like your particular shuttle was assigned to pick up guests at the airport (it was his turn in the que)and made it back to the hotel a little later than expected. Again my apologies that your shuttle ended up being 30 to 40 minutes late (keep in mind- the ship doesn't leave until 5pm so like the song says....."Dont worry.....Be happy") Feel free to contact me directly if we can make it right! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port for one night. Very convenient location to convention center, not walking distance but the hotel offered a free shuttle which was nice.

The service all the way around was great. Fantastic front desk staff, very helpful. The common areas such as lobby, breakfast area were very clean, love that they offer coffee and tea 24/7. Plus, they have fruit available for quick snacks, VERY nice touch. I didn't get to enjoy the breakfast due to timing so I can't review that option.

The room was spacious, good layout and some of the prettiest decor I've seen in a Hampton Inn room. If you read my reviews regularly, you know I am stickler for cleanliness and bathrooms. This property failed in these departments in the room. There was hair in the shower and stains. Plus, the bottom shelf were the towels are stored was dusty and the bag the hair dryer came in had hair on it. Not good.

Major con: the walls are PAPER THIN. I could hear everything around me, even the guy next door laughing at the TV. Plus, the doors are paper thin.

I wish I could give this hotel higher score due to the great service and pretty decor. However, I think cleanliness and being able to relax without hearing the person next door are major factors in choosing a hotel stay.

Oh, on a personal note. I accidentally left a dress hanging on the hook behind the door. I miss that dress :(

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello Doc2003- Thanks for giving us your feedback on your last stay with us. We appreciate your business. I am very happy that you thought the service was Fantastic and that "the room decor was the prettiest you have ever seen"! That is a nice compliment! My personal apologies that the room was not as clean as you expected. We do our very best to catch everything in the rooms, but on occasion, we miss something. When this unfortunate thing happens, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to get you another room and personally inspect it! We want all of our guests to be happy guests. As far as the guy next door to you laughing.....that one is a tough one for us to control! I cannot remember receiving any complaints in the past about thin walls, so perhaps this was just a very loud man! I also wished you could have given us a higher score but I do thank you for staying with us. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Invermere, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This Hotel is located close to an interesting strip mall,with eating places near by. The very friendly helpful staff, clean comfortable rooms and the great breakfast make this a restful place to stay. Good value!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello there ElizabethLou!! I wanted to personally thank you for taking a moment to write a nice
review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business. I am so happy that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and you thought that the staff was very friendly and helpful! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on a recent cruise and the hotel was great. Clean rooms and very helpful staff. We came in during the morning rush hour to get to the ship and the system for moving all the people in and out went good. Lobby is a little tight with all the suitcases but it works. The next day the driver was very helpful to get five of us and luggage right to the front door of the cruise port. This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel and would stay again. Good sports bar type restaurant close by with great food and beer.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room on the 4th floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Greetings GonefromMN!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you found the staff to very helpful and the rooms to be clean! I am also glad to hear that my driver went the extra mile to get your group to be dropped off right in front of the port. I so appreciate that you have stayed with us before and came back for a 2nd stay and even stated that you would come back again. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Lakeside, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for a night prior to embarking on our cruise. Arrived after midnight,called for their shuttle, very quick. Desk staff extremely nice. The rooms are very clean and neat and while we did not get the room we had reserved (king bed) and they put us in a handicap room, we were just too tired to care. Extremely quiet, gave us a little later check out time, took the shuttle to the ship, which was nice and handy. Will be staying here when we return from our cruise for several nights. Left clothing in the closet and they are holding it for us when we return. Nice staff, VERY comfy beds and quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello there Cathy H!! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you found the room to be clean and neat and that you found the front desk to be extremely nice! It also sounds like you enjoyed the comfy bed and thought the room was quiet. Thanks again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!