You added Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Certificate of Excellence 2014
dunblane scotland
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here before our cruise in Nov. Very good stay, excellent price for us. The 2 girls on the reception desk were more than helpful. They arranged for us to be dropped of at a restaurant they said we should try then picked us up again. The trip to & from the cruise port on their shuttle bus with the flamingos on the roof made sure we spotted it when it came to pick us up on our return. Quick mention for the driver, Patrick great guy - very chatty. Would definitely stay again no problem

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Greetings my Scottish friends! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am very happy that you thought the value was outstanding at my hotel and that you found my 2 "girls" at the front desk to be very helpful! It also sounds like Patrick made a positive impression on you as well! ( Patrick is a 2 time winner of our Employee of the year....he does a FANTASTIC JOB for us!). Thanks for your business and I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 3 nights in early December following a transatlantic cruise and prior to flying home, we had a wonderful stay.
There was a mix up in our pick-up arrangements from the cruise terminal (our fault) but one phone call to the hotel sorted it out and we were picked up very shortly afterwards. This was handled excellently by the duty staff and we found their attitude and professionalism throughout our stay to a very high standard. Well done!
We were allocated a first floor room, located on the balcony overlooking the main reception and above the breakfast area. There was an element of noise from people checking in, having coffee etc, but nothing bad enough to prevent us sleeping. However, the room was very comfortable with excellent facilities.
Breakfast was very good with a decent selction of food available. Again, the staff working this area were excellent. Coffee was available all day in this area which was a good touch. There was free internet access along the corridor from the reception which was also very handy.
We had hired a car for the duration of our stay so getting around for us wasn't a problem, although I would imagine travel to downtown areas, shopping malls etc would be difficult for people without their own transport. There were no problems parking at the hotel, with plenty of well illuminated parking spaces available.
The only minor problem we had was with the room access cards which ceased to work any time we left the room for the day. However, they were replaced by the staff immediately we reported the problem.
We would most definitely stay there on any future trip to Fort Lauderdale, we had an excellent stay at an excellent hotel with excellent staff. What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Some noise in first floor rooms located on the balcony overlooking the main reception area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hello there StevieC44! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our wonderful guests! I am so happy that you found the room comfortable, the breakfast very good, and that found our staffs attitude and professionalism to be at a high standard! WOW! Now thats a GREAT compliment! We truly appreciate your business and I would love to be the first to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night in December 2012. It was an excellent choice for me, and I’d happily stay again.

Positives

- The hotel has a free shuttle both for the airport and the port, which are both nearby, and it will also take you to other destinations near the hotel. The hotel shuttles have large pink flamingos on the top, which made the shuttle very easy to pick out amongst all the many circulating hotel shuttles at the airport - loved it! The shuttle showed up promptly after I called, within about 15 minutes.

- My room was clean and well-kept, with a comfortable bed and good lighting. It was quiet, with no noise from street, hall, or other rooms. The A/C worked great, and although it was a window unit, it was a lot quieter than window units in many of the other Hamptons I’ve stayed at.

- Yay yay yay - this Hampton’s fitness center is open 24 hours!!! Like all Hampton fitness centers I've seen, it’s small (one of each piece of equipment), but it’s great to be able to get in there really early in the morning.

- The breakfast foods were kept stocked, and had the usual nice variety that Hamptons now typically supply.

- Staff at the front desk and in the breakfast area were very friendly and helpful, and the shuttle driver was also great - he had some good recommendations for inexpensive restaurants in walking distance. Check-in was fast, and my room was available even though I was quite early, for which I was very grateful. This hotel deals regularly with large numbers of fairly elderly clients with huge amounts of luggage heading in/out to/from cruises, and I was impressed with the staff’s patience regarding this.

- There’s a strip mall and other commercial businesses right across the street from the hotel, which include a large grocery store/drugstore (Winn-Dixie), restaurants and bars (Thai, Dunkin Donuts, McDonald’s, Latin, sports bar, etc.), and a couple of discount stores (a dollar store and a Big Lots). Very handy.

Negatives/other factors:

- You’re not near the waterfront or the upscale areas of Fort Lauderdale, so you’ll need the shuttle, a taxi, a rental car, or your own car if you want to get to them.

- If you need the shuttle in the morning, it’s best to book it immediately as soon as you check in the previous day (do it right away, don’t wait till later that night or the next morning). Also if you are getting in with cruise passengers, keep in mind that most of these people have a TON of luggage. Make sure yours gets in! The shuttle I booked left right on time, despite the driver having to jigsaw-puzzle in all that luggage. And he kept his good humor, despite everything.

In summary: This hotel has a great location relative to both airport and port, it’s in good shape, and, despite the stress of the airport/cruise situation, it had some of the nicest, most efficient Hampton staff I’ve encountered (and I stay at a LOT of Hamptons both for work and pleasure). Great job, Hampton FLL!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Greetings Velevele! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our previous guests. I am thrilled that you said you were happy with the cleanliness of the room, the 24 hour fitness room and the friendly front desk staff! ( I will pass along your comments about my hotel having "some of the nicest most effiecient staff that you have encountered") WOW! What a nice compliment! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn to rest up before our cruise. It is an excellent choice if you are looking for a place to stay before your cruise, or if you have an early flight out of FLL.

The best attribute of the hotel is its location. Even with the construction, you are at most 15 minutes away from the airport and the cruise port, and a free shuttle service is offered to both. The hotel is also situated next to a strip shopping center (literally right next door - walk across a small street and you're there). The center has a Winn-Dixie grocery store, a couple of dollar stores, a Radio Shack, and a beauty supply store, all of which come in handy if you need something for your cruise. There are also a few restaurants within walking distance, including a German place (can't remember the name) that's worth a visit. If you don't like what you see, downtown Ft. Lauderdale is only about 10-15 minutes away if you have a rental car. You are also right off I-95 if you want to head to Miami or West Palm.

Everything else is pretty much standard fare for a Hampton. Breakfast is free and plentiful,, rooms are good sized, beds are comfortable, and the Wi-Fi is free. We arrived a little after 3:00, and we were in our rooms in just a couple of minutes. Checkout day was busy because there were a lot of cruise passengers staying at the hotel, but the front desk handled the crowds efficiently and had us checked out in a few minutes. My sister was planning on joining us the next day, and the desk clerk cheerfully booked an extra room for us, and even got her on the same floor as us. My one complaint is that the "business center" is kind of dinky, consisting of one computer and a printer in the hallway across from the fitness center, and the printer didn't even work.

Overall, I definitely recommend this hotel if you need a room in Ft. Lauderdale before or after your cruise!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Howdy Meanmeosh! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate hearing from our wonderful guests! It sounds like you enjoyed the size of the room, the free breakfast and the effiecient front desk. You mentioned the German restaurant, the name of it is Old Heidelberg-They do a great job over there! Thanks again for recommending our hotel for future stays in the airport cruise port area. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Got what I considered to be Hampton Inn standard, with one exception: despite a busling reception area with families gathered awaiting their free shuttle to the cruise ship, the staff were unphased, professional and service with a smile.

They offer a free shuttle to/from the airport and cruiseport.

Would definitely stay here next time I am on a cruise ship out of Port Everglades.

Room Tip: Odd numbers face North, which could be cooler in the summer
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hello br_luv2travl- My Candian Friends! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to appreciate our front desk staff! They do a GREAT job even though they are faced with a bustling lobby and tons of guests chomping at the bit to get to the cruise port! We do our very best to make sure that everyone has a great stay. The biggest compliment you gave was when you said you would definately stay at my hotel again! I do appreciate that and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My flight arrived at FLL at 10:20 am on a Friday. I called the hotel and the free shuttle was just a few minutes away. The airport was quite busy and it was confusing finding the shuttle but once we did, it was a breeze. When I called the hotel, I was also informed that a room was ready for me. We were at the hotel within 10 minutes and checked in fairly easily. I asked for a fridge as I needed to store medication and one was delivered within the hour.

The room itself was nothing fancy but it wasn't dirty or gross. If I remember correctly we were on the third floor, facing the rear of the building. We unpacked and then explored the area around the hotel. The front desk was helpful with directions as we hadn't rented a car and were going to bus to some shopping.

Nearby there is a McDonald's, Wendy's, Dunkin Donuts, a sports bar, an asian food restaurant, a Winn Dixie, Big Lots, a dollar store and a Citi Trends.

The pool area was kind of small and lacked atmosphere as it's basically in the parking lot but I didn't have high expectations for the pool anyway.

We had booked the cruise port shuttle for 12 pm and arrived downstairs around 11:45 am. The lobby was PACKED. It would almost be better if the hotel asked guests NOT to come down to the lobby until 15 minutes before their pre-booked shuttle departure time. Total and complete chaos.

We did not partake in the free breakfast on our first morning as we over slept but we did on our departure day and it was crazy busy but we managed to get all the food we wanted and two chairs to sit in.

All in all a good stay and I would recommend this hotel as a pre/post cruise hotel but not as a vacation spot. Next time I'd splurge and stay closer to the beach rather than further inland.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hello there Havecurveswilltravel! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. It sounds like you had a good experience with our shuttle pick up and were able to get an early check in! I am glad you were able to experience our hot breakfast as well. And yes, it is VERY busy in the lobby and breakfast area from around 10am to noon! (organized chaos as I like to refer to it as ....:) Thanks for saying that you would recommend this as a pre/post cruise spot....that IS our business! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

East Norriton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at this hotel(family of 24) before sailing on the Carnival Freedom 12/23 - 12/29. Our experience couldn't have been better. I planned this stay back in March through Elaine Dejesus. As our stay drew closer we had many special request that were all met. The shopping center accross the street had a dollar store, liquor store, Wendy's, McDonalds, Winn Dixie, Slackers Bar (GREAT FOOD) and many others. This hotel offers FREE shuttle from the Airport to the Hotel, hotel to the Cruise port and a Hot Breakfast. Since my immediate family arrived a few days early we needed transportation to sightseeing. Elaine told us about Michael from Tourism in Motion. Michael took us to the Water Taxi where we spent the day into the late evening and then he returned to pick us up. He also picked us up at the cruise port for a very reasonable fee. He took half of us to the airport and half of us to the beech (we had a evening flight). He held our luggage so we could spend the day at the beach and then he came back for us and took us to the Airport. All and all we had a wonderful experience thanks to Elaine, Yasmine & Sara from Haampton Inn and Michael and his staff from Tourism in Motion!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Greetings Marie0404! I wanted to personally THANK YOU for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Adivisor! I am thrilled that you said your experience could not have been any better! I am also happy that Yazmir, Sarah, Michael, and Elaine took such great care of you. They are all great employees! Elaine is a superstar and does everything in her power to handle all group requests and ensure the groups have a GREAT stay! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!