I stayed for one night prior to a cruise.
This hotel offered me a great rate for being so close to the Port Everglades. They picked us up at the airport. We did wait a while as they were behind schedule, but we didn't mind as so happy to be in Florida.
Check in was easy - took 5 minutes and the desk staff was very friendly. We were greeted with a smile. The gentleman working was the same who made my reservation and he was calling me by my name for the whole stay after check in - will be happy to see him again.
Our room was on the second floor near the end of the hall. Overlooked the pool, which I unfortunately did not get to use but looked very inviting. Very quiet area. Room had the 2 queen beds I requested. The room was very clean and beds were SO COMFY. We were exhausted from being on a plane all day and after dropping our stuff in the room headed out to get some food. On the way out we stopped at the desk to arrange our ride to the cruise terminals.
This hotel is so well organised - they know exactly which ships are leaving and when. They have about 10 different times they can drive you at and they do it according to what ship you are on. We were on the Emerald Princess, so was everyone else on our shuttle.
We chose a later shuttle as we wanted to avoid the ridiculous long lines at the cruise terminal that seem to be from morning until 2pm. The shuttle ride to the cruise terminal was excellent. The driver was hilarious and probably made a lot of tips that day. Be sure to take advantage of this service - it is flawless. Celebrity, Holland America and Princess all had ships departing this day and they ran the shuttles continuously to accommodate everyone.
This hotel is close to many restaurants and stores. As well, I think they will shuttle you anywhere within a 5 mile radius if you wanted something different.
I believe this hotel serves free breakfast and complimentary coffee (all day). My grandma took advantage of this but I both did not want to get out of bed, and planned on eating a lot on the cruise ship and wanted to wait.
I would even look for somewhere else to stay - this is the only place I'd stay for a pre-cruise!
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port Hotel
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hampton Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.