“Great service with a smile!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 SW 12th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book Today!
Ranked #20 of 134 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Great service with a smile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 pre-cruise night. The location is good with a free shuttle to/from airport and cruise port. The rooms are clean and the free breakfast is decent with a waffle maker. There is a charge for wifi but there is free wifi at the McDonald's a short walk away. There is a strip mall next door with supermarket, Wendy's, liquor store, clothing and dollar store. There is no restaurant on the premises but they will shuttle you to one nearby.

The service here from the reception staff is awesome. My dad's bag was lost by united airlines and the staff were great at directing us to stores that we could replace some stuff prior to getting in the ship. The shuttle driver took us to a Walgreens in the morning a mile away. I noticed the driver in the store while we were shopping so I asked him if he had some shopping too. He told us he was just hanging out and waiting until we were done so he could drive us back. This was highly unexpected as we were planning in walking back.

The hotel is just the same as any other Hampton Inn but the staff there elevate it to a whole other level. I would love to return there just to see the genuinely friendly people we met who work there. We were never prompted for tips like many other tourist services in Florida, so we happily tipped them all well. Other hotels should send their staff their to take notes.

• Stayed November 2012
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
How ya's doin Yysguy? ....:) I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate hearing from our wonderful guests! I am very pleased that you were happy with the cleanliness of the room and enjoyed the breakfast. I am THRILLED that my staff made such a good impression upon you and am smiling at your statement "other hotels should send their staffs to take notes"! WOW...now thats high praise! Thank you for your kind words, I will print this one out for my staff to see! It was our sincere pleasure to take care of you and i would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

838 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Leetonia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here on 11/11 after a cruise. The hotel when we got there was packed with people waiting on shuttles to take them to cruise port. We arrived at about 11-1130. We waited until 2pm for a room. Could not drop off luggage and go, no more room. So we waited. Got room around 2pm. Room was clean, but could use some updating. Ask for a room away from elevators, could here it running at times. Went to one of the recommended restaurant in the area, Slackers, was very pleased with food. Sports bar and since it was Sunday, my husband was thrilled to find football on every TV. Went back to hotel and set by pool for our last night of good weather for a while (came home to 35degrees), however had to go inside because of people smoking around pool, would prefer a non-smoking hotel. We would stay here again, but if the lobby on Sunday was any indication of how long their shuttle service takes, I would probably take a taxi to cruise port. People were still waiting at 2pm for shuttle. Staff very friendly. Nice that coffee is left out at all times, we are all coffee drinkers and were able to enjoy in evening while playing cards.

Room Tip: stay away from elevators, a little noisy and can be heard in room if you are next to them. AC was qu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Jodi R,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We appreciate all of the comments you submitted! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here. Our weekends are definitely very busy, but we strive to serve all of our guests in a timely and friendly manner. We are glad that despite the crowds you had a fantastic time! Our staff here is phenomenal, and willing to help you with anything that you need, and I am happy you found that to be the case. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Florida! Have a wonderful day!

Sarah Kach
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were a newly married couple and stayed at this hotel recently. The first thing that caught our eyes was the interiors of the entire hotel. Right from the lobby to the rooms everything is carefully arranged and made to blend into one and another to give you the perfect visual appeal. The hotel's staffs were very responsive in attending our needs. The price they charged for a couple for an overnight stay was also very fair and they justified their price with the kind of service they offered. My wife and me were extremely satisfied and loved the time when we stayed there. Overall, I would say this was a great experience and looking forward for some more in future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Greetings Ramalingam61! I wanted to thank you so much for writing a very nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. Congradulations by the way on being a newly married couple! We love hearing from our happy guests! It sounds like you enjoyed our lobby colors and our visual appeal and found my staff to be very responsive to any needs that you had. I am thrilled that you had a "Great Experience" and seemed to be very satisfied with your stay with us. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Colon, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our whole experience was excellent. What truly stands out above all is the staff. They were all very helpful and nice. The shuttle driver R-Kim gives you all the highlights of the city on your way to the hotel from the airport. The GM David Blevins makes a true effort to make you feel welcome and looked after. The front desk workers Sara, Finch and others are always there with positive attitudes willing to help.
Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Greetings Sailingoneworld!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! It sounds like our staff really took great care of you! Thanks for recognizing some of them! ( I will highlight and post on our board to give them the recognition they deserve!) I am also happy that you felt that I made you feel welcome and "looked after"! That is our priority number one- taking care of our guests and offering GREAT service! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Little Egg Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I flew in to Ft. Lauderdale a day before our cruise and experienced a great stay at this hotel. Dianne, Yazmir and Sarah helped us make this overnight stay a very memorable and pleasant experience. We were treated as valued customers and were treated in a highly professional, friendly, and courteous manner. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. We were picked up at the airport and brought to the hotel, were given a good continental breaskfast, and brought to the cruise port the following morning. We definitely will stay here again!!!

Dan & Karen K

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Dan and Karen K! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our happy guests! I am VERY HAPPY that Diane, Yazmir and Sarah helped make your stay with us memorable! They are all great employees and do their very best to help our guests have the best stay possible. Thanks again for your business and thanks for your review. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Following TAs' reviews and finding a good promotion on a hotels site, we decided for this hotel. Another important reason to us, was, that the hotel provides a computer near the lobby, where I could check the internet.
We were initially looking in the Plantation area, but the prices seemed quite expensive. As I know the area and we had a car, I had no problems on booking here, knowing that I was just a few miles away of shopping areas (Sawgrass, Plantation and Ft. Lauderdale). Near the hotel we can easily get either I-95 and/or I-595 and the surrounding area seemed OK.
We were happy with the room, the breakfast, the cleaning of the room and common areas. The reception staff was very polite (as expected), but nevertheless it is worth to mention.
We never saw the usual confusion in the lobby area, which is so common in the Plantations' hotels, so here was even better.
I can not comment on things that I didn't use, like the internet (wifi), fitness center, the shuttle and the pool.
On the last day, the receptionist gave us some extra time after the check-out time, which made a huge (positive) difference for our subsequent travel arrangements.
I hope to stay at this hotel again, on a future visit to Florida.

Room Tip: Before booking I called the hotel in advance and found out that the King rooms had a microwave and a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hi there ICHA! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I always love hearing from our fabulous guests! I am thrilled that you were very happy with the cleanliness of the room, the common areas and had a great experience with my staff. I am also glad that you found our location to be easy to navigate to the malls (being within a half mile of I-95, you can get anywere in Fort Lauderdale very easy from my hotel!) I would love to have you stay at my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

LARGO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our special thanks to Sarah who was very helpful. And thanks again to the shuttle driver who took us to the port and picked us up at the end of our cruise. We chose this hotel because we could leave our car there for the duration of our cruise at a nominal cost and because we like the Hampton Inns. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello there Lynn C! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We always love hearing from our wonderful guests after a stay with us! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and seemed to be happy with the value of being able to park your car here for a small fee while you were on your cruise. I am Extremely happy that Sarah made enough of an impression on you to have you mention her- she is our new Assistant GM and doing a GREAT JOB!! Thank again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!