“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

You added Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #19 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Spokane, Washington
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Great place to stay! I stayed here with a group of 4 others in one room the night before leaving for a cruise. Their shuttle service was excellent & the staff here were more than helpful. The lobby was very nice & clean, as was the room. The breakfast wasn't too bad, for a continental breakfast! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Greetings Sarah_839!
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill out a nice review on Trip Advisor! We truly value our guests feedback. I am very happy that you thought my staff provided you with Excellent service and that you felt both the lobby and your room were very clean! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012 via mobile

Good stay with good service. Price was a little high for a Hampton. Very convenient to the airport. I missed the turn and had to back track a little from the north. That area seemed a less than ideal to drive through.

• Stayed January 2012
Hello there! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to give us your feedback about our hotel. I am thrilled that you were happy with our service and our hotel. And yes...I agree, sometimes "In Season", the prices can get a little high, but i still think my hotel gives guests the best value in town! The hotel is in a typical airport/cruise port area ( a little industrial, but overall, the area has been very safe for our guests.) Again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I would love to invite you back on your next trip to beautiful Florida!

Long island, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

If you need to stay a night or two before you cruise, this is the best and most convenient way to go. They will pick you uo-p at the airport and when ready, they will schedule you to be taken to the cruise port. The staff is very friendly and more than willing to provide you with what you need. They were even willing to drop us off at a restaurant and pick us up.
The breakfast was complimentary as is all Hampton Inns. The rooms and the hotel were neat and clean

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Hello and thank you for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We very much appreciate your feedback! I am very happy that you enjoyed my staff, the van shuttle service and the breakfast. I also appreciate you mentioning how clean the hotel was, my staff tries very hard to make everything spotless! I want to welcome you back on your next cruise.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port! I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you're headed out on a cruise ship or returning from one.

If you arrive at FLL, the shuttle with the landmark pink flamingos is prompt and it takes about 10 minutes to get from the airport to the hotel. The front desk staff is very friendly, helpful and professional. They offered to have the shuttle bring me to a nearby diner for dinner, which was nice of them, and they offered local recommendations when I had some time to kill.

The rooms are a little small, but we were there for just one night before leaving on a cruise, so it was fine. Most importantly, the rooms were clean!

Tip: If you are traveling with a large family or want to be one of the first ones on your cruise ship, call the hotel a few days before to reserve your time and space on the shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. The times fill up very quickly. I am glad we decided to stay here because the shuttle is free and convenient, especially if you have a lot of luggage.

The breakfast is also a plus, with fresh fruit, juice, pastries, waffles, etc. Just another reason to stay at the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hello there Katherine817! I wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly value our guests feedback! I am very happy that you enjoyed my staff, our shuttle service and even our PINK flamigo van! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Sunny Florida!

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Hampton Inn offered free airport shuttle, you just need to call when you get your bags. We were picked up by David, General Manager of the hotel. He was operating a rental van used because of the peak season surge of customers. The hotel was very nice offering an included hot breakfast (the make your own waffles were a hit with our group of 7). The location was adjacent to a strip mall which had a liquor store, Winne Dixie, Dollar Store and Big Lots. We used them all.

The hotel also shuttled us to a nice resturant a couple miles away. There are several fast food places very close. The employees where extremly helpfull and I would like to mention Patrick who drove the shuttle and served as maintence in the evenning when the batteries went dead on our rooms door lock. Be sure and schedule your shuttle trip to the ship when you check in.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Greetings and thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel! It is always a pleasure to meet guests that come from My hometown of Wichita Kansas! I am happy that you were pleased with our service and Patrick in particular ( he is one of my best employees- a true Gem!). I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next trip to sunny Florida!

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My mother and I stayed here just one night while we visited some relatives who are nearby. When I went to check in, the lobby was FILLED with people leaving on a cruise. (I was hoping to check in early; it was only noon and I was aware that the checkin time was at least a few hours away.) I was immediately greeted with a friendly staff member behind the desk who told me that the room was not yet available, but that if I would leave my cell number they would call me immediately when it was available. Two hours later, I got the promised call! I was impressed with this followup.

SInce we were already at our relative's house, we decided to wait to check in at around 7 pm. Checkin went quite smoothly. We were informed of the amenities that the hotel offered and directed to our room.

The room was clean, quiet and updated. The breakfast served the next morning displayed fresh food, well monitored by staff and the entire area was clean and well stocked. Free USA Todays were available.

I would certainly stay here again. It seems to be well managed and the staff is excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Hello there and thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice Trip Advisor review about my hotel. We sincerely appreciate it when our valued guests give us positive feedback!
I am very happy that you felt the room was very clean, updated and that you were impressed with my staff. They work awfully hard to ensure our guests are always happy!
I want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We had a quick overnight stay at this property prior to boarding the Oasis. A quick call to the hotel for van pickup at FLL was approximately a 15 minute wait. No problem. Pickup with the van "with pink flamingos" on it was easy to identiy......No the birds are not painted on the side.....they are stuck on top! Check-in was quick!.Be sure to sign up for free shuttle service to the cruise terminal when you check in. Our room had 2 Queen beds and an adequate washroom. The beds were surprisingly comfy with clean crisp white linens and duvet. Nice.
Breakfast the next morning was held adjacent to the lobby. Good, friendly staff. We collected our luggage and checked out and our shuttle was waiting. Impressive.
In conclusion, this is not a destination kind of hotel for moi! However, for what we needed, what my expectations were, this hotel delivered! I would not hesitate reserving this hotel for a pre- or post cruise stay. Happy and safe traves!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Hello there My Canadian Friends! I appreciate you taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel. Yes the Pink Flamingo's are a guest favorite and VERY easy to see at the aiport in a sea of white vans! I am thrilled that we met and exceeded your expectations for a
hotel. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Beautiful Florida!

Sincererly,