You added Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #19 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Spruce Grove, Ab.
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

The location which is just far enough from 12th Ave. gave us very quiet stay's and if you can book the low 500's, even better. The grounds are nicely landscaped, manicured and clean. I enjoyed the great beds, chaise lounge, cultured marble shower stall w/ seat, (and a bath fan properly placed so the steam is cleared out). The wi-fi is fast but some tv channels are very snowy. The only thing's that I believe could be improved in the design of this hotel would have been a slightly larger reception area and the grouted bath floor tiles.It is probably impossible to clean the grouting as well as it should be due too the high traffic through this hotel so a more easily cleaned flooring would keep the maid happier. David and his staff are pro's and keep the cruiser's, (and some are really elderly), rested, fed and on time to their ship's.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Hello and thanks for taking a moment to recognize our hotel with a nice Trip Advisor review! I love hearing feedback from our wonderful guests. I am thrilled that you were happy with the hotel grounds, the fast WIFI, and of course.....our COMFY BEDS! Thanks for mentioning my fantastic staf as well- they all do a fabulous job and truly do their best to take great care of all of our guests! Love to welcome you back to my hotel.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

We stayed here one night before our cruise. The staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful, taking us in the pouring rain to the Rendezvous for dinner, quickly changing our room when we found an inoperative air conditioner in the first assigned, and taking us to the cruise port the next morning. Although the hotel could use a little sprucing up, the overall experience was quite positive.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor. We truly value our guests feedback and LOVE hearing from you. I am very happy that you found my staff to be "very pleasant and helpful" and that you enjoyed our shuttle service to area restaurants. We truly appreciate your business and I would personally love to welcome you back to my hotel.

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We regularly stay at this Hampton when cruising. Service is excellent and the rooms are immaculate. Personnel are great.

Thank you G.M. David Blevins and A.G.M. Joshua Sparks!!

Don and Lois

Room Tip: We have stayed a number of times - rooms are always perfect. We prefer higher floors and away from e...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Greetings Don and Lois!
I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor! We truly value our guest feedback and love hearing from you. I am very happy that you enjoyed our rooms and our service. I would love to welcome you back on your next trip to Sunny Florida!
Bedford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We (my wife and I) have stayed at this near airport hotel twice in the past couple months and know that we will be back. While we travel to this area about six times a year, this is the first property we've liked well enough to repeat. It's not a "new" place, but it is beautifully maintained. The rooms may only appear to be larger than the run of the mill Hamptons, but they do seem to use the space well and leave me with the impression that I don't want to rush out of the room immediately upon awakening. The staff has always been attentive and knowledgeable, the "included" hot breakfast always fresh -- and with good selections. Price is competitive for the area, which does make it a bargain!

Room Tip: the Corner rooms, 100, 101, 200,etc have cross ventilation if you open windows, and are marginally b...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Hello and welcome back! I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. I am happy that you found the rooms well maintained and liked our use of space in the rooms. Thank you for taking the time to recognize my staff as attentive and knowledgeable. Its nice to know that we are YOUR FAVORITE Ft. Lauderdale hotel! I will share your comments with my staff. I would love to personally welcome you back again on your next visit.

Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I booked this hotel for myself and a few other people who were all going on a cruise. Hotel picked us up from the airport w/no problems, checked in w/no problems, and our room was great! Staff was very friendly & helpful w/any questions of ours, room very clean, w/in walking distance to resteraunts and shopping! Continental brkfst was good! The shuttle the next day that took us to the cruise was a great extra! Everyone else that I booked this hotel was very pleased as well! We are planning another cruise soon and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Hello there! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice Trip Advisor review about my hotel. We do value our guests feedback and LOVE hearing from you! I am happy that you thought the room was clean, the breakfast was good and that my staff was very friendly! I am also thrilled that your whole party agreed and was happy with their stay. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to sunny South Florida!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Inexpenseive, nice amenities, strong wifi signal. But a few issues. Room door very hard to close, toilet seat broken, and the sheets were damp when I arrived on one of the two beds. This bed was the one closer to the a/c so that could have been why. NIce size breakfast and good orange juice!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Hello there,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We truly value our guests feedback and love hearing from you. I am very happy to hear that you thought we were a great value and that you enjoyed our WIFI. We just upgraded our WIFI just last month and everyone seems to LOVE IT! Thanks for letting me know about the room issues that you had, I will personally double check them and ensure that they are corrected! Thanks for letting us know and we look forward to seeing you again real soon!
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Our stay at this Hampton Inn was fine. It was very much in line with other Hamptons as far as room, service, and amenities. Location was great for cruisers since it was a short ride from FLL and another short ride to the Port Everglades cruise port. There's a strip shopping center adjacent to the hotel which includes a Winn Dixie supermarket, a dollar-type store, a Subway sandwich shop, and a great Thai restaurant where our party of four all enjoyed dinner. There's a McDonald's and a Wendy's close by, and a German restaurant is within walking distance for most. (You'll have to cross the main highway for this one).

Only negative was the airport shuttle. When exiting the American Airlines baggage claim area we followed the clearly marked signs with arrows (left after exiting) to the hotel shuttle stop. After waiting a considerable time and watching other hotel shuttles stop, we called the hotel to be told that "their driver does not stop at that location, and if he did, it would be another hour". We were told to go back into the terminal and exit the opposite end (despite the in-terminal arrows). We did, and found an identical hotel shuttle stop to the first, where we waited again for a very long time as multiple shuttles from other hotels came and went. Why the Hampton's shuttle would stop at one location but not the other is a mystery, especially in view of the fact it continued to stop at other locations throughout the airport after it picked us up. Once aboard, the driver was very cordial, and made sure that we knew how to use the Hampton's shuttle to the cruise port the next day.

Desk staff was pleasant, although our check-in process was delayed several times by phone calls from confused guests at the airport looking for guidance on shuttle transportation.

Rooms were great. Ours had a shower without tub (fine for us), but those in need of a tub should check. Breakfast the next morning was typical of Hampton.

Contrasting the airport shuttle experience, transportation to the cruise port is very well orchestrated, with multiple vans serving the various cruise lines. Just make a reservation when checking in.

All-in-all, this is a good place to stay while in the airport / cruise port area.

Room Tip: If you need a tub, ask when reserving. Some have showers only.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Hello there,
I wanted to personally thank you for taking a moment to write a positive review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly value our guests feedback. I am thrilled that you seemed very happy with our rooms, service and location. We pride ourselve on our outstanding service! The Thai restaurant next door is a guest favorite as well as the Rendezvous restaurant! I am sorry there was a little confusion with your pick up. The airport will ONLY allow us to stop at 4 places at the airport and it is based on what airline you come in on. With American, we pick up at terminal 3 which is out of baggage claim and to the RIGHT, not left. When we send out drivers out, they only stop at the specific terminals that our guests tell us they are at. When you call us, our first question we ask is what airline did you fly in on and that is how we are able to communicate to our drivers what place to pick you up! Overall, it does sound like you had a wonderful stay and i want to welcome you back to the hotel on your next cruise.