“Great hotel before a crusie” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

You added Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 SW 12th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%!
Ranked #20 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hamilton, Ont.
“Great hotel before a crusie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

We ( a family of 4) stayed here for 1 night prior to our cruise out of Port Everglades on November 27/11. We chose this hotel for it's location, which is close to the airport and the cruiseport, for the free shuttles from airport to hotel, and then to the cruiseport the next day, and also because we have stayed in other Hampton Inns and been happy with our stays in them.
We were happy with our stay here. The room was clean, nicely decorated, had 2 queen beds, nice bathroom and good air conditioning. Included is a complimentary breakfast the next morning which was quite good. Coffee, tea, juices, milk, cereal, breads, rolls, danish, fruit, waffles, eggs, sausage etc - should be enough for almost anyone. It was clean and frequently checked by staff.
We found the staff to be very good. When we arrived, we were a bit too early to check in, so the hotel stored our luggage, took our cell number and we went across the road to the shopping plaza to look around. There are a BigLots, liquor store, a couple of clothing stores, a Winn Dixie grocery store, a few small restaurants in the plaza. We had a small lunch at the Wendy's there, and the hotel called and said our room was ready.
The shuttles were good, both from the airport and from the hotel to the cruiseport. They ask you to prebook what time you want to go to the cruiseport as they seem to do alot of this type of stay and there is big demand for the shuttles.
We would definitely stay here again if we do another cruise out of Port Everglades. It was clean and comfortable with very pleasant staff, and we felt we got good value for our money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Hello,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice Trip Advisor review of my hotel. Feedback like yours is crucial to our future success! I am thrilled that you were happy with my staff and that they took good care of you during your stay! I am also happy that you felt our shuttle service was on time and very efficient. I want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Highlands Ranch, Co
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

We are Hilton Honors' Diamond members and booked this hotel using HH points. We decided on this hotel because of its close proximity to the airport and the Port Everglades sites as well as the advertised free shuttles to the hotel from the airport and the free shuttle to the cruise port. There is also a hot complimentary breakfast and an outdoor swimming pool. Our room was appointed with the usual amenities that Hampton provides. The bathroom had a fairly large shower but was somewhat dirty with dirt in the corners of the room and hairs here and there. In the morning we noticed many small sugar ants crawling along the edge of the shower and up the wall. We mentioned this to the manager when we checked out and he said he would put our HH points back into our account. The hotel is older but does need some renovation in our opinion. There is only wired internet access in the guestrooms. The breakfast was fine and fairly well stocked. The shuttles were on time and the drivers were very friendly. The hotel is across the street from a strip mall that has a large grocery store, Big Lots, and a couple of restaurants. About a block away is one of the best authentic German restaurants we've ever eaten at. We strongly recommend walking the one block to "Old Heidelberg." Excellent food and ambiance.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Hello there,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review our my hotel. Guest feedback in crucial to our future sucess! I am very happy that you enjoyed our shuttles and our breakfast.
I do apologize about any issues you had and have taken immediate steps to correct it. Our hotel was actually remodeled just last year (we designed it to have a British Coloniel feel, so the hotel does have a unique look that is not your standard Hampton). GREAT NEWS- we have just installed wireless internet throughout the whole hotel and it moves fast! I would love to invite you back to the hotel on your next cruise and thanks for your business!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Stay the night before a cruise. Shuttle bus to port. Very nice breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We do value our guest feedback and always appreciate when a guest writes a nice review. I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and our shuttle service. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

If you are looking for a Park/Cruise hotel ..... you would be wise to consider this property ..... Nice location (Very close to the cruiseport), Manicured Landscaping & Secure, Clean Exterior & Interior, Spacious, Quiet & Comfortable Rooms. Friendly, Courteous, & Professional Staff. The best part was the "shuttle service" 10:00 departure for the ship / left @ 10:07. Waited less than 10 minutes for the return. Could not have been more pleased. Total opposite of the CHAOS and unprofessionalism we experienced last year at the Roadway Inn down the street. We paid a little more, but well worth the comfort, convenience and peace of mind. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Hello there and THANK YOU for taking the time to write a positive review about my hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and your business! I am very happy that you were pleased with our rooms and our "professional staff"! We also pride ourself on doing our best to meet our scheduled departure times ( which sometimes can be thrown off very easily by the congestion at the port!) I am thrilled you had a great stay and i would like to personally welcome you back to my hotel.
Jackson, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

If you are cruising into or out of Ft. Lauderdale, and have flights that arrive too late or leave too early, you will need to spend a night or two in Ft. Lauderdale. This is a typical Hampton Inn property, with rooms and service that meet all their standards. What is key for this property is that it is located within a couple miles of both the airport and the cruise port, and it offers free transport between the hotel and each of these locations. It even offers free transport to restaurants and shopping within a couple of miles of the hotel.

When I was there, it was filled to capacity with cruisers coming and going. The hotel gets only four dots because it didn't really have the van capacity to meet its client's needs at peak hours. Be sure to schedule your transport needs early, and anticipate delays. Be very clear about where you will be picked up at the cruise port.

There was also a couple of hour delay between arriving at the hotel after the cruise, and room availability, and the lobby was very crowded. Still, they provided a clean and comfortable room a couple of hours before the 3 p.m. check-in time.

Across the street from the hotel is a strip mall, with a couple of interesting-looking places to eat, if it isn't Sunday. On Sundays, there are a Subway, a smoky and loud sports bar (good burger, though), and a supermarket.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Hello there,
I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. Feedback like yours is crucial to our future sucess! I am happy that you enjoyed our location, our area restaurants and even our shuttle to take you within a mile of the hotel! We have been blessed to be a very busy hotel and we do our darnest to get folks checked in as early as we can. If we are sold out the day before, we obviously have to wait until guest check out and until we have time to clean the room- but we pride ourselves on getting rooms to guests BEFORE our official check in time of 3pm. I am very happy that we made a positive impression on you and would love to welcome you back to our hotel soon!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stayed overnight in this hotel and were very satisfied with it's staff, the cleanliness and how comfortable the bed was.
Centrally located to many convenient places. I definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Hello there,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly value our guest feedback and I am thrilled that we made a positive impression on you from a service perspective. We also get a ton compliments on our beds- they are VERY COMFY! I want to welcome you back to my hotel and do hope we see you soon.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We needed a place to stay the night before leaving on a cruise and picked this one out of a wide variety of options. It was really a great deal.

The property is very well-maintained and rates are competitive for the area.

The real bonus, though, is that they not only have free shuttle service to the port and airport, but they also provide free shuttle service to and from several local restaurants - with a variety of price points and cuisines.

The desk was very knowledgeable and friendly. The room was comfortable. The pool was attractive. A complimentary breakfast is also included.

Room includes a microwave and refrigerator and plat panel TV.

We'll definitely come back for any future sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Hello there,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly value our guest feedback and I am thrilled that we made a positive impression on you from a service perspective. I have been blessed to have a GREAT staff that truly appreciates our guests. I would like to personally welcome you back to my hotel soon.