“Melendez-Perez Family Great pre-cruise hotel” 4 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #52 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Camuy, Puerto Rico
“Melendez-Perez Family Great pre-cruise hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night before our Allure of the seas cruise. The location was great. Our room on the 9th floor had a view of the port and we could see the ships docked. The room was clean and spacious. And don't miss Bravo for dinner. Hope to visit for my next cruise.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

A very nice, well-maintained hotel in an area convenient to the cruise port. My family and I recently stayed there pre and post-cruise, and we found everything to be first-rate. The beds were super-comfortable, and I had a really nice view of the pool/cabana area from my room! The service (with the exception of the two not-so-welcoming older bellmen/doormen) was outstanding. From the Maintenance man who came up immediately to change out a burnt light bulb, to Deborah at the Front Desk (who was simply amazing, with her infectious smile and personality), all of the staff were fantastic. We'll definitely stay here again!

Chester Springs, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here for one night before our cruise. The location was great. Our room on the 10th floor had a view of the port and we could see the ships docked. The pool was nice. The rooms were clean and spacious as expected. One elevator was not working for a while, which made the remaining one elevator slow and crowded. I promptly reported it to the front desk staff, who thanked me and immediately called someone to fix it. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and nice.

We did not eat at the hotel, as there are many choices within easy walking distance, including an Einstein bagels down the street. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor and ask for a port view
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I wanted a quick getaway from Miami beach with my girl and found the hotel through Expedia mystery deal. The gambled paid off. Upon arriving I was greeted by valet then on to front desk to the smiles of Kesheem, Tenneal and Zerodia. They were very helpful and made sure I was happy with the room. Overall service was excellent and I'll be sure to return soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We used this property for a one night pew cruise stay. It is certainly convenient to the port, and I liked the fact that you could make arrangements for transfer to the port on property. I also liked that they did not make you wait while they loaded a bus full of people. The rooms were clean, good restaurants close.

Room Tip: If you are interested in ship traffic, you need a higher floor.
Vernon, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed for one night, Friday to Saturday. Upon entering we thought "wow" this is a great place. It was good, but turned out to be only average. The room was clean and comfortable. I went to the lobby in the evening hoping to be able to get a complimentary cup of coffee or tea, but found they don't provide it. I did notice on Saturday as we were leaving there was a table set with complimentary coffee. Too bad they don't offer it all day for those of us who like a cup in the evening. There was no flavored water either, and most of the hotels we've been to offer this as well. Parking was $25.00 for self parking. The location is great and within walking distance of many shopping plazas. We ate breakfast at the hotel for convenience and paid $15.00 pp for the buffet that offered fresh squeezed oj and an omelette station as well as other breakfast items.

• Stayed June 2014
Lori L, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for staying with us recently during your trip to Fort Lauderdale. I apologize that our offerings did not meet your expectations. We do offer complimentary coffee every morning and have coffee available in our restaurant and bar during evening hours. We also offer flavored water in the lobby – I will inquire as to why this was not present during your visit.

I am glad you were able to enjoy the area as there as many possibilities within walking distance of the hotel! And of course, our breakfast with fresh squeezed orange juice and chef prepared omelets’ is a guest favorite!

We look forward to providing you that “WOW” on your next trip!

All the best,

Lori
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Marriott may call this a Renaissance but you will discover quickly that it is nothing of the sort. Service poor (the check in clerk) Travis made Norman Bates look good. Rooms outdated. No hair dryer, iron, bathrobes in room. One of two elevators constantly out of order. I am a huge fan of Marriott generally but they should be ashamed of themselves for designating this a Renaissance.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your response and feedback. I trust that our ongoing communication over the past few days has assured you that these issues have been addressed and corrected.

As I mentioned, the hotel will be undergoing renovations, which have already begun (the elevator upgrade was one of them). We will also be upgrading all of our guest rooms, pool, sundry and fitness center this year. We are very excited about our new look!

Again, I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations but would sincerely welcome another opportunity to do so.

Regards,

Lori

Been to Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!