-Excellent location. 5 minutes walk to the beach. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance. Publix market (10 minutes walk), Water Taxi stop right by the hotel bar.
-Personnel was extremely professional and offered incredible service, from the front desk to the bellboys, to the maids. Bravo!!!
-Really big suites (even for the basic ones) with kitchen, 2 flatscreen TVs, sofa, balcony, huge bathroom ect
-Incredible view (we had a room on the 11th floor facing the intracostal waterway).
-Reasonable price for the room only (see comment about parking and WIFI in cons)
-Expensive valet service (25$) and WIFI (10$ per device per day). If you plan to use both, add a good 40$ per night tot he price of the room.
-Rooms would need a good troughout cleaning and a good paint job, but I heard that this was in progress and don't worry, it's not as bad as some reviewers say. .
The only reason I do not give it a five star is that we were told upon arrival that we were upgraded to a Waterview room instead of the city view room that I booked (having heard that the highway noise was way down in these rooms). We were given a room facing the boulevard (about 50 feet away). It was not a water view room at all and the highway noise was extremely loud. THAT WAS NOT NICE! We really felt insulted that the hotel tried to give us one of the absolute worst room of the entire resort and try do disguise it into an "upgrade". Plus, the room was poorly cleaned and did not have any dished or pots and pans for cooking. Fortunatly, I was able to convince the front desk to move us the another room which was a lot nicer and located far from the bridge, as we booked initialy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on the main Intracoastal Waterway, GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton , is the city's premier boutique hotel that exemplifies the casual elegance and sophistication. In a superb location, Gallery One is an easy three block walk to Fort Lauderdale's beautiful sandy beaches and blue Atlantic Ocean, directly adjacent to Galleria Mall - an upscale mall that boasts Neiman Marcus, Saks, Macy's, Dillards, and over 120 special stores PLUS Capital Grille, Seasons 52, P.F. Chang's, and Blue Martini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your GALLERYone - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallery One - a Doubletree Guest Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Gallery One
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Lauderdale