This hotel has all the makings of being GREAT hotel!
When you first arrive you're great by the very hard working valet staff that greet you with enthusiasm but lower their voice a little when they mention the $25 per day valet fee. Something to consider if you plan on renting a car. I'm not sure if that is the going rate in the area but I think it's high nonetheless.
The lobby is large and very open and airy and again the staff are warm and friendly. The restaurant works just fine especially if you'd like to have breakfast inside or out. I didn't have lunch or dinner there.
The overall appearance of the hotel is clean and well maintained and so far, you're quite impressed. But this hotel is not without it's problems.
I'm not sure of the age of this hotel or when a renovation was last done, but our room's furniture looked like it was taken from some seedy motel further down the street. We had a one bedroom suite which included a kitchenette, living area and two queens in the bedroom. The sofa bed was a light colored material showing all the traces of people before us with ripped material and some well placed stains. With a family of four that included two teenaged boys, the sofa bed is a much needed item. Here's a question to all hotels that have sofa beds and to all furniture manufacturers, "Why can't you get a decent, comfortable sofa bed?". The chairs used for the kitchenette were losing their vinyl coverings in small pieces and accumulating on the floor beneath them.
The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to the beach. It's also stop on the water taxi (recommended) and, it's right next door the The Galleria Mall that has a couple of really nice restaurants.
Overall it was a nice stay but c'mon Double Tree, this one is due some capital investment!
- Also Known As:
- Gallery One - a Doubletree Guest Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Gallery One - a Doubletree Guest Hotel
- Doubletree Fort Lauderdale
- Doubletree Gallery One
- Gallery One Doubletree
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on the main Intracoastal Waterway, GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites by Hilton , is the city's premier boutique hotel that exemplifies the casual elegance and sophistication. In a superb location, Gallery One is an easy three block walk to Fort Lauderdale's beautiful sandy beaches and blue Atlantic Ocean, directly adjacent to Galleria Mall - an upscale mall that boasts Neiman Marcus, Saks, Macy's, Dillards, and over 120 special stores PLUS Capital Grille, Seasons 52, P.F. Chang's, and Blue Martini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Gallery ONE - A Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.