“Very Tricky Menu” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Slackers Bar & Grill has over 40 HDTV's, 20 Craft Beers on tap, a new menu consisting of ribs, specialty sandwiches, steaks, seafood and more.Attention: As of August 14th, 2012 Slackers Bar will be a non-smoking bar.We have added a brand new menu, updated our decor and now have great new specials including 2-4-1 drinks every day. We are home to the 80 ounce draft beer tube.
Monument, Colorado
“Very Tricky Menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I arrived at the Hampton Inn in Ft. Lauderdale the day before our Panama Canal cruise to ensure we would be boarding the next day. We went to Slackers sports bar which was recommended by the hotel staff. It was a decent place. I ordered a beer and my wife did not feel like having a beer at this time. I look at the menu and the menu states that you get 2-4-1 beers during Happy Hour. We were there during Happy Hour so I told my wife she should also order a beer and I would drink it if she didn't like it. We were served promptly and ate fairly good meals. My wife decided to leave me to pay the bill while she visited another store in the strip mall. The waitress charged me for two beers. I asked her about the Happy Hour deal and her reply was “there are two beers in each glass, couldn’t you tell it was a larger beer”? It looked like a 16 ounce glass to me. In all my travels I have never felt so taken by a restaurant. I did complain to the hotel and they also were surprised. So the trip began.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

florida
“Great Bar in the Mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are traveling through Ft Lauderdale and need a good sports bar restaurant that has good food, good beer and is close to the highway and airport, check out Slackers. It is on State Rd 84 just east of I-95 in a strip mall behind the McDonalds. They have lots of tv's with every game. They have great steamed clams, burgers, fish, chicken and veggie dishes. Its very clean and bright inside and they have great beer selection as well as a full cocktail menu. Also good specials.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Paul
“Surprised us (Cruisers take note)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

With apologies to locals who have written that Slackers is a great place for regulars, you never quite know what you're getting into when you take your kids into a bar in a strip mall after 11 p.m. But after flight delays getting to Fort Lauderdale the night before a cruise, we were all starving. Even the recommendation from the desk at the nearby Hampton Inn was lukewarm. And with darkened windows we almost didn't go inside - but very glad we did. Very good sandwiches. Reasonable prices, not to mention double bubble on drinks and live music. None of our pre-cruise hotels have compelled us to come back by standing out from the crowd of average hotels with free shuttles. But having a comfortable restaurant like Slackers nearby may just make the difference.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Better on the inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I were staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites prior to leaving on a cruise out of Port Everglades, which is only a ten minute drive away. Across the street from the hotel is a typical strip mall. After a long day in the car, we walked around the mall parking lot to stretch our legs and noticed the Slackers Bar & Grill sign. We passed it by, thinking that it was a typical sports bar and probably not what we were looking for in the way of food. Later we stopped at the front desk of the hotel to ask where we could get some supper in the area and Slackers Bar & Grill was the first recommendation.

Don't be put off by the outside .... it's worth going inside. While still a sports bar (I stopped counting at 31 television screens), the noise level was tolerable and the menu was eye popping. Looking around I noticed many patrons who would fall into our category of senior citizen, along with the usual crowd one would expect to encounter. The wait staff was abundant and the service was warm and friendly. We should only get such constant attention in an upscale restaurant. Our server checked on us every time she walked past. The food was served promptly ... it was hot and delicious. There is something on their menu for everyone's taste.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“No Slacking going on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great great food ribs and burgers++++++++++++++ nice atmosphere for Green Bay and Florida teams. Very very cute ladies. But food is the main reason we went back for dinner.

Visited January 2013