“Great little getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Fort Lauderdale

You added Sonesta Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #32 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Atlantic City, NJ
“Great little getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

My husband and I traveled for a four day weekend just to get away from the cold weather. I got the room by negotiating a price on another website, so I could not choose the hotel. Once we arrived, we were pleasantly suprised. The hotel's style was trendy and contemporary. We were able to check in even though it was a little early. We immidately dumped our luggage and went down to the pool bar. The bar and pool area were perfect. I was suprised to learn the bar and staff had only been there for two to three weeks. You would have never know! There were plently of tables, lounge chairs and three cabanas to hand out in by the pool. The beach is right across the street (but who wants that when the bar is next to the pool.)
The hotel was situatated in the perfect spot. My husband and I walked everywhere. It was a ten minute walk to the Gallaria Mall where there are plenty of nice restuarants, plus Macy's and Dillards. There is a bus stop right out front of the hotel where you can hop on the bus for ten minutes and go to Los Olas Blvd.
The hotel Bistro was excellent. I highly recommend the organic eggs benedict. I had it every morning. My husband ate the Florida style eggs benedict every morning (with salmon). The sushi restuarant was not open yet, but it looked wonderful. It was opening a week after we left. Also, there was complimentary coffee in the Bistro.
The room was clean. The shower was GREAT! They provided Avveno products and a hair dryer. We had plenty of towels, tissues and toliet paper.
I stumbled upon this hotel, but I would stay there every time we go to Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 12, 2011
Dear Cajerp76,

Wow, thank you for sharing such incredible comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled that you and your husband were able to experience B Ocean at her best. I am very excited to share your comments with my entire team, they work so hard to help our guests stay to B whatever you want it to B. I am glad you were able to B nourished at B'stro and that you enjoyed our pool area. I am happy to report that SAIA is open to the public now and the reviews are amazing. Please come back and B invigorated with us soon.

Joel Darr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011 via mobile

So far I'm enjoying my stay so very much. The staff are super friendly and accomidating and the hotel is quite modern and sassy.
The room is fine I'm not moving in so I don't need a huge space, it is super clean and the bed super comfy.
They do however need to work out a few kinks in the bathroom, I keep flooding the floor. The glass door does not cover enough of the splashing with the overhead shower. The privacy glass I think was put in reverse I couldn't see out of the bathroom but my mom in, which was quite funny.
The food is excellent and the poolside area is perfect if u need to relax. On the smaller side, but they make the best of the space. Covered cabanas, lounge chairs, towels and a bar.
I've still have one more day of vaca left, and I wish I had more time. This was the perfect spot for me, my sister and my mom. We've decided this is our new girls only vacation spot and can't wait to come back next year.

• Stayed March 2011
Dear aastylz ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice review of B Ocean with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad you are enjoying your stay and hope I have had the chance to meet you personally. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you for choosing to B Our Guest.

Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

I recently stayed at the B Feb. 28th to March 3rd in order to get away from the cold weather in Pennsylvania. We got to the hotel at 11am and were able to check in as our room was available. The hotel is beautiful from the moment you walk in and the staff was right there for your every need. Our room was a corner king and the view was awesome. I highly recommend this room with a floor to ceiling window and another large window over the desk area makes you feel as if you were on the beach. Due to the high winds during the trip we stayed in the pool area and were always able to get chairs. Although small it is a great place to relax and take in the sun. The pool bar staff was great and you have to try the strawberry mojito!!! I know the place is new, so it should be clean, but it seemed that the staff was always cleaning and that just gave it the extra edge over other hotels I have stayed at. The location is awesome for older adults, as it was not as congested as the "main" area where it is crowded with young adults and noise. It is within walking distance to the mall area, which has great happy hour bars like Trulucks and the Blue Martini. The last night was a blur having hit the happy hour and we locked ourself out of the safe and had another minor martini related issue. I asked to speak to the GM Joel Darr, as I was embarrassed to ask staff for help. Within 5 minutes Joel came out of his office and spoke to me. He laughed the issue off and made me feel at home. Within 5 minutes staff came to room and solved our problem with a smile. I hated that we had to check out and due to our flight leaving later in the day we placed our items with the staff and were able to use the hotels amenities till we had to leave. I have stayed at area hotels in the past and I will look no further the next time in Lauderdale. Thanks Joel for a wonderful stay, you and your staff were the "B"-est!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Dear Chitwood01,

Thank you very much for sharing such awesome comments about B Ocean Fort Lauderdale with the TripAdvisor community. I certainly remember you and hope your partner is feeling better now. While I appreciate the nice comments about me, I must say your points regarding our cleanliness and urgency of my staff makes me more proud. I look forward to your return and thank you for choosing to B Our Guest!

Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

Service was superb from the moment we arrived at valet parking. Room was ready and exceeded our expectations - it looked just like the example on the web site. Every staff member we encountered was polite, friendly, and helpful; from valet parking, front desk, bar & restaurant to the housekeeping staff. A special thanks to Tiffany at the front desk for all she did to make our stay special and trouble free - every hotel needs a Tiffany! The car valet staff was especially friendly and helpful as well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Dear Bruce045,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am ecstatic that Tiffany and the valet team made such a nice impression and I agree with you, they are all fantastic. The best part of my job is to share well deserved, positive comments with team about the people who truly make it all happen. I hope you choose to B Our Guest again very soon.

Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Stayed there this past week. Hotel is very nice, pool area quiet, great drinks at the pool bar. Breakfast in the room was really good. Valet parking pricey ($25) but courteous and prompt. Only negative is someone forgot to soundproof the rooms. You do hear everything so if you are a light sleeper be careful. Otherwise, Great!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Dear peekers61 ,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I will be sure to share all of your comments with my team. I am glad you enjoyed the drinks at Quench; we have worked very hard on delivering a unique and tasty beverage program in all of our outlets. My team has made nice progress solving the noise issue you mentioned and I am confident it will be solved before your next visit with us. My team and I appreciate you choosing to B Our Guest and wish you safe, exciting travels.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

This is EXCELLENT value. The rooms have excellent ocean views and the place is super trendy. The B'istro food is excellent! I just wish the Sushi bar had opened, but i did get to taste the saki the make themselves and its phenomenal!! i can't say enough about Jason and Kyle! They made our whole stay!! If it weren't for them, i may have different feelings about the place! The pool area and the pool are VERY small. I don't mind because i am a beach goer and its right on the beach! Also...the one biggest let down is we didn't get our room cleaned one day AT ALL!. understaffed. Tommy made up for it for us with complimentary breakfast and lot of jelly bellies, but this is something that certainly needs looked at! But i would certainly recommend the B' Ocean!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Dear midicat,

My team and I appreciate you taking the time to share comments regarding your recent visit to B Ocean Fort Lauderdale with the TripAdvisor community. I am very happy to read that you found our design, service and food quality to be outstanding. I am very sorry my team missed your room on one day; it is great to see that Tommy did his best to make up for the error. I will be sure to celebrate Jason, Kyle and Tommy for their outstanding work. We truly appreciate you choosing to B Our Guest and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We had a good-sized room with a king bed and floor-to-ceiling windows. The windows provided a great view of both the beach and A1A for a great distance. The bed is very comfortable and all the amenities are good. Contrary to some other posts, we did not find it noisy.

I can't say enough great things about the staff. No matter who you interact with, they go out of their way to please you and make things perfect. Even though the hotel is new and thus has a few minor kinks to work out, the staff more then compensates for it. The staff sincerely seem to have fun working there and this comes through in their attitude.

The food in the bistro is really high quality and excellent. At breakfast, go for the menu instead of the buffet.

For those who enjoy wine and/or want to learn more, check out the wine bar in the bistro. They have a great system that allows you to sample before you commit to larger quantities. They have about 25-30 wines by the glass!!! So there is something for every taste and you can do your own "flights".

We are definitely going back.

Dear FuzzyBeaver,

Thank you for taking the time to share such nice comments about B Ocean with the TripAdvisor community. You are obviously a very savvy traveler (I peaked at your profile) so I am especially pleased that you found our hotel to be excellent. I will be sure to share your comments with my team and celebrate them for their efforts. Thank you for choosing to B Our Guest and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Joel Darr

Been to Sonesta Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!