“Loved every minute” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach

You added Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach to your Saves list
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
2016 Winter Sale
Ranked #32 of 137 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Loved every minute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

My best friend and I stayed here for 8 days in June and although the first night they didn't have the room we requested but, changed it the next morning and price adjusted it. The view amazing, location is quiet and a bit of a walk to the restaurants but it's sooo worth it. I plan on going back with my fiance soon and hopefully this is where will have our wedding. This hotel was beautiful and I can't wait to return !!
Staff, AMAZING I felt comfortable there.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Sherrhonda C,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and great review of the hotel! It was a pleasure to host you and your friend and I am glad that the front desk was helpful in resolving your room issue. We would love nothing more than to have you back for your wedding, please reach out to me at ldufresne@sonesta.com when the time is right and I would be glad to connect you with one of our Catering Managers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

From check in to check out my husband and I enjoyed every second!!! Walking into the beautiful lobby to the smiling faces at the front desk was a good sign, but when we opened our room door (1206) we were extremely pleased at the beautiful white decor, bedding, perfect size flat screen tv & best of all the amazing large window looking out to the beach. The king size bed was so comfortable as well as the pillows, the room was squeaky clean, we loved the shower as well! For us it was heavenly!!! My husband and I stayed for the weekend to have a romantic last minute (booked room morning of stay) weekend without our children and that we did! We loved the surrounding area not to busy & not far from the busier area where you can find all the restaraunts & bars. During our stay we ate next door at PlanBurrito and it was ok, and both morning's we had a nice breakfast at ocean view delight just a few doors down. We did not dine at the hotel unfortunately I wish we would have! We did enjoy drinks by the pool and had a very pleasant bartender. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and I can not wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: We were in room 1206 the penthouse above was a tad bit noisey but not bad.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear HicksFam05,

Thank you so much for your kind review of the property, it sounds like you and your husband had the perfect weekend escape! :) I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of the property to nearby locations as well. It's slightly off the beaten path so you have that privacy, but close enough to get to everything. We hope to see you back on your next visit, please send me a note at ldufresne@sonesta.com and I'll be sure to make your experience extra special!

Needham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

A little background behind our stay at this "motel". We cruised on the Oasis of the Seas for the 4th of July and we needed a one night hotel stay after the cruise. We used priceline name your own price and focused on 4 star hotels on the beach. Unfortunately we won this hotel. This hotel was so far from a 4 star hotel, I honestly believe it should be 2 stars. The lobby was run down, the pool was extremely tiny, there were no perks on the beach, and the staff were not professionally trained. Furthermore, the rooms were disgusting, beds small, and they did not even have a concierge. We went from looking forward to enjoying our day on the beach to dreading the hours and counting down our time at this hotel. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Steph C
Argentona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The beds are small, they don't fit 2 people!!!! Small swimming pool too. The only advantage is that you have the beach in front, only a few steps. Location in a zone with limited bars and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

4 Thank Anniki84
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Anniki84,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were displeased with the size of beds, we try our best to be candid on the website in saying that they are double beds and not queen, but I can see how that can be confusing. If there were any other issues you experienced that affected your stay, please contact me directly at ldufresne@sonesta.com, and I will be happy to look them.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Nice place with good location. In close vicinity you'll find the beach, bars, shops, Seven-Eleven, a car rental "Acar" and a huge nice park. The hotels staff are polite and pleasant. The rooms sea view are fantastic and easy enjoyable via a large window. Nice air condition and free wifi. Also there was a sensibly priced, good value, wifi upgrade available.

Room Tip: Reception informed that room on the 11th floor can be somewhat exposed to music and party sounds fro...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank o-yngve
Dear o-yngve,

Thank you for your kind review and staying with us recently. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our property, it's always nice to be able to get out and explore the surroundings, especially when you have a beautiful park within walking distance. I will be sure to share your kind sentiments about our staff with them as it's that type of feedback that continuously motivates them to deliver the same great service. We hope to have you back at our hotel soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at the hotel 7/2 - 7/5 and it was awesome! From excellent customer service to the great location, this hotel provided everything we needed for a quick girl's weekend. Hotel staff, Djamal, Chris, Heydie and Suzette made sure that we were taken care of. Ask for room on the higher floors to get one of the most spectacular views you will ever see of the Atlantic Ocean. The rooms are very modern and spacious. We are already planning our return.

Room Tip: Request a room on the higher floors (we were upgraded to the 12th floor) to get a spectacular view o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jamie W
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Jamie W,

Thank you for your recent review of the property and for staying with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and had a pleasant experience with our staff. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team. Please come back and see us soon, the views will be waiting for you!

Pinecrest, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We just went to the Sonesta hotel for 4th of July celebration on the beach. The location of the hotel is great. Right in front of the beach, away from the mayhem of Las Olas blvd. location. So it was peaceful and tranquil at the beach. But it wasn't to far away to enjoy the celebration at Las Olas blvd., we had to take a taxi, it is not walking distance, but not a strain on the wallet. As for the room themselves, we had a junior suite and a corner room facing the water. The views were amazing. If you are able to request a corner room with ocean view, go for it. Unfortunately, the rooms needed some maintenance to take place. Water pressure for the shower was not strong at all, and the toilet took awhile to flush. Curtains kept getting stuck, but bed and pillows were really comfortable. The noise was quite unbearable from the hall way, but I can't blame that on the hotel, just unthoughtful guests. But the overall stay was nice, the reception was very welcoming and the valet staff very informative and attentive.

Room Tip: Request Preferred King room with ocean view. Views are worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank wrosacruz
Lindsay D, Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear wrosacruz,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for your kind words on the hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the views from our Junior Suite as they really are some of the best in the hotel. With regards to the maintenance issues you experienced, I am sorry to learn that and will be sure to follow up with our Engineering department. As far as the noise goes, unfortunately when we have events in house, that's a challenge we face so I am appreciative to learn that you can understand that it's not always within our control. We hope to see you on your next visit to Fort Lauderdale, please contact me directly at ldufresne@sonesta.com should you come back and I'll be sure that the hotel takes great care of you.