“Great place in Lauderdale if you dont want to be directly on the strip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Fort Lauderdale

You added Sonesta Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
4th Night is Free!
Ranked #38 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oceanside, New York
“Great place in Lauderdale if you dont want to be directly on the strip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was a great find and a truly nice place to stay. Its at the north end of the beach so out of the way of main area of Lauderdale. However, there are a few bars and nice restaurants within walking distance. A decent pizza grill and cafe adjacent to the hotel are great for breakfast and lunch and the beach is across the street from the hotel with easy access. All the rooms face the ocean and are very nice, great beds, free wi-fi, great tv channel lineup and clean. Free coffee in the morning too which is something considering you're in Lauderdale. Valet parking is 28/day; not outrageous but there may be local parking if you check. I would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Joe E, thanks for your comments and for your recommendation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Cumberland, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here for one night as a pre cruise hotel. I initially was going to stay at a hotel off the airport and boy am I glad I didn't. After checking extensively I finally found the B Hotel had an unbelievable government rate. On a Saturday night at the height of spring break, I couldn't beat it. Upon checking in, Heydie the front desk receptionist advised us the room we booked was smoked in and the entire hotel was booked. Initially disappointed, she immediately comped us a free breakfast for the morning and drinks at the bar while housekeeping attempted to rid the smell. After a short time, we were allowed to go up and I discovered we had a corner room which I was not expecting since I have found most hotels give the gov't rate clientele the less desirable rooms in exchange for the cheaper rates. While it still had a slight cigarette odor it was manageable I didn't mind. The rooms are exactly as they appear and night time lighting is incredible. We woke up to the blue Atlantic ocean from our corner room and had an amazing free breakfast. I will admit the Bistro prices seemed a little steep if I would have had to pay out of pocket. We had a connecting room, so we had the door in the room and I will have to say they were a little thin for my liking. There was a wedding the night we stayed there so you could hear the people next door when they raised their drunken voices, but I ignored it and never complained. Check out was a breeze. The modern hotel was a very modern luxury hotel and great preview of the Celebrity cruise we were getting ready to leave on.

Room Tip: Corner room. Higher the better, but I really can't imagine a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Ollie 0913, thank you for sharing your feedback. Glad to hear that Heydie took great care of you. Pleased to hear that we will B your go-to hotel from now on when travelling to FLL!
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Absolutely adore this hotel. The location was perfection. Immediately across the street from a laid back, never too busy beach. The hotel bar is small, but effective. Sushi restaurant on site is pretty good, too. Walking distance to a few bars and pizza spots. You can find everything you need within about 5 miles of the location. The front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating.

Loved the aveda products in the wash rooms. Great floor to ceiling mirrors and generous closet space.

My only complaint was tha the valet was a bit slow. Sometimes they wouldn't answer the phones because the ramp was over crowded, but otherwise the stay was amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms with ocean views. They have two sets of windows with killer views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear BonaFideDiva, many thanks for your great review. I appreciate your adoration :) and kind words about our staff. Will keep an eye on the valet service and make sure we are responsive on that end.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

B prepared to B Disappointed. Upon check-in we discovered that the rollaway bed we were told was available didnt exist. There was mold in our room, there is NO in room coffee (even budget hotels offer this) and there were only 2 towels in the room. Room service brought us cold panini's and seemed inconvenienced to bring up fresh hot ones. The next night the spinach salad was missing the "candied walnuts" and the 3rd night the "artisanal" cheeses were sliced Provolone, American and Swiss.. uh wait we dont have any Swiss but we do have hot Pepper Jack. Um No Thanks! When asked to make sure the order was correct the woman copped an attitude and hung up. It took over 30 minutes at 11:30pm to get 2 Spinach salads that still didn't have candied walnuts on it. Housekeeping didn't remove any of the room service items and did little more than make the beds and replace the towels. The valets seem confused that their job is to bring/take your car and are rude when asked to do so. When we called the front desk and asked for the hotel manager's name and phone number, they gave us the wrong name and couldn't tell us how to contact him. After further checking his name is Eduardo and time will tell if he returns our call Its appearence is pleasing and the view is fantastic but guest service is almost non existent and for its price point you will B Underwhelmed. The Atlantic Hotel had no vacancies so we were stuck here... the next time we will see the inside of this hotel is on Hotel Impossible!!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear dove 2013, I am very disappointed with your overall experience as described in this review. This certainly doesn't reflect the experience that we usually provide to our guests. I would appreciate if you could contact me via our website "contact us" email so I can personally follow up. Thanks
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a very clean place, with good beds, good service, nice sushi restaurant, good ocean views, specially if you stay in floor 9 and 10 where the windows are ceiling to floor.
CONs Breakfast is horrible and there is no coffee pot in the room.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ivonne33, thank you for your positive comments on our beds, overall service and great views. I am surprised to hear that you didn't enjoy our breakast buffet but will certainly share the feedback with our Chef.
Raynham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I lived in Fort Lauderdale many years ago, and return often to visit friends. I used to stay at the Holiday Inn on the corner of A1A and E. Sunrise, but they closed it down a few years ago. Fortunately, a couple of years later it reopened as the B Ocean, and what a great job they did. The hotel has an excellent vibe, and is perfect for couples. My wife and I stay there at least twice a year and we love it. It's so convenient to shops, restaurants and the beach that you don't need a car. We take a cab from FLL, about $30 and 20 minutes and we're on the beach. The wait staff is excellent with Joe at the poolside bar probably the best bartender I have ever had the pleasure to know. Nate and Elena are also great people, and the front desk staff and Cary and company in the Bistro are also first rate. The room staff are also excellent and very nice and accommodating. The park across the street is a great place to walk, as is the run down the beach. The Blue Martini at the mall is great, especially happy hour. The Italian and Mexican restaurants on Sunrise, one block from the hotel are excellent. They sort of have the ambiance of Key West, with great food and excellent, friendly service. We met a couple from Philly on our last trip down and I recommended these restaurants. We met up with the couple a few days later and they thanked us for the recommendation. We find the hotel very relaxing and look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: The views from the hotel are spectacular, but I would recommend the 9th or 10th floor, floor-to-ceil...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Joeywn, many thanks for your great review and strong ratings. I always appreciate when guests take the time to personally recognize some of our great staff. I will make sure to share with them. Look forward to your return!
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed there fo 8 nights with my family during march. Overall we enjoyed our stay. Here is good and bad points about the hotel.

Good points : The hotel is very design and modern. The room are pleasant, clean and the bed is absolutely comfortable. The breakfast is nice, with lots of fruits and fresh juice. The personal is kind and they want to make your stay better. (special thanks to Chris who was very genuine to us)

Bad points : Avoid room on the last floor. The penthouse is used for weeding and special event so there a lot of noise because the insonorisation is very very bad. We stayed the for 8 night and 3 event happened. (I had to buy earplugs).

Room Tip: AVOID ROOM ON THE LAST FLOOR, specially during the weekend.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear LaulauR11, thank you for sharing your comments and for the excellent ratings. I will make sure to share your kind words with Chris, who is one our great ambassadors at the front desk!

Been to Sonesta Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!