“Fun five day getaway and New Year's Eve” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Fort Lauderdale

You added Sonesta Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #33 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fun five day getaway and New Year's Eve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel was booked on Expedia and I was pleasantly surprised! The location is great, the views are spectacular, and the service is A+. I did miss having a balcony, because I like to feel the ocean breeze, but you can't beat the view, with the ocean front windows. The beds were super comfortable, and they have mini fridges on request(limited amount). I think if you stay for a few days it's great, and if I stayed longer, I would like tile floor, or a kitchenette(which this hotel does not have), but for a couple of days its great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear eastcoastkitty, many thanks for sharing your feedback. Love to hear that you enjoyed our spectacular views and great location. I particularly appreciate your A+ rating on service. Our team members are very focused on delivering a great experience and it's rewarding to hear from our guests that we nailed it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
Ballerup, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights at the hotel and was overall happy with the stay. However. Paying USD 28 per night for valet parking is just NOT ok! For this readon we are not returning eventhough the hotel and the view is great, but I think that other hotels along the coast line can offer just as nice a virw. Rooms were nice and European in style, so no complaints there and staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Jette A, thank you for staying with us and for your positive comments on our friendly and helpful staff. Please note that the fee for parking is consistent with other hotels on Fort Lauderdale beach. We recently conducted a survey and our rate is still one of the lowest for upscale hotels.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We haven't been to B Ocean since Nov 2011 and before that was May of 2011... both of those times we had the most amazing experience(s) with your Hotel on the beach mostly due to your now ex employee, Tommy! When we arrived and settled in this current trip we asked a couple housekeepers where Tommy the Supervisor in Housekeeping was and were told of an unfortunate situation. We were hugely disappointed to find out he hasn't been there in a year or so according to your staff and without his outstanding customer service I (we) must say wasn't as impressed as I (we) could have been this time around. It is lacking the fun staff we knew and anticipated to see! My family all looked forward to seeing him again and remembered him well and I just want whoever is in charge to know of our disappoinment in that area! Our room was cleaned by a lady who just didn't smile whatsoever! Seemed unhappy that day! The housekeeping staff are not as welcoming as before. What has happened to this place? Seeing it from our angle is probably too hard to comprehend. Sad to hear Nico at the front desk was gone as well! He was another wonderful employee to deal with! Sometimes the employees make a trip more pleasurable and go out of their way to make your stay a memorable one...it just didn't happen this time around and we didn't have one sunny day which made this trip even more unenjoyable. Sorry B Ocean not a good review this time around! Gonna give another Hotel a try next time around...

Room Tip: the best rooms have floor to ceiling windows at the end by the ocean! The best views!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear OhhhYeaaa, thank you for sharing your comments and for coming back to stay with us. Yes, we've had some of our team members move on, but that is to be expected in any business over the course of several years. We do have some great people on our current team as recognized by the previous post on this site. Unfortunately, it sounds like your experience was not aligned with your expectations and that is where we need to focus our attention. Rest assured the team is very focused on providing a great experience so please touch base with me via our website's email and we can continue this dialog.
Fort Dodge, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Both Chris and Suzettte at front desk were wonderful. My reservation was not accurate but Chris and the manager Ann were great. Suzettte was so sweet to my daughter.

Daniel in the restaurant was very nice. Waiter charged me the wrong price at breakfast but Daniel fixed the problem. I suggest if you have small children to check the receipt. The price for children changed daily. However, Aimee and Joanna both waitresses were accurate and pleasant.

Michelle housekeeping manager was awesome. She made sure that our rooms were clean and that our toiletries were always stocked. Agathe, Louise, and Silida from housekeeping were awesome. I enjoyed this hotel. Thanks B Ocean.

ANDREA

• Stayed January 2014
Dear passport30, thank you for sharing your feeback and for recognizing so many of our great team members. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to your return!
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Thank you B for making our 3 days in Ft. Lauderdale pleasurable and comfortable. Best valet staff of any hotel we have stayed at in Florida, as well as restaurant and bar staff. Great junior suite with amazing intercoastal and ocean views! Comfy bed and superfast wifi...will definitely recommend to friends and will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Junior suite 822!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear herringboys, thanks for your perfect ratings and great recommendation. You are welcome and we look forward to your return!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights. Quite a contemporary feel hotel, with white fresh looking rooms that overlook the beach. Rooms were not huge in size. Complementary Wi-Fi in rooms. Staff at lobby desk seemed efficient, but slightly disengaged from the customers, otherwise good hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear SilverD11, thank you for sharing your feedback pertaining to your recent visit. I appreciate your balanced feedback and have shared your observations with the front desk team. We pride ourselves on our genuine service and hospitality, so this is certainly not the impression we want any of our guest to experience.
Bradenton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The rooms and hotel itself are very nice and it is in a great location. However, the staff were very rude. From the valets, to the people at the desk, to the housekeeping staff, I had a poor experience every time I interacted with the staff. Housekeeping did not clean my room at all, they just made the bed. They did not even provide fresh towels. The valets tried to have me load a cart full of luggage into my car in the rain when I left. However, I am very pleased with the GM's follow-up on my complaints.
I booked with Hotwire and was very pleased with my oceanview room. The beach is right across the street and there are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lilredosu2013, thanks for sharing your feedback. As a follow up to our phone conversation, I did share your input with our team to ensure that we deliver the proper experience expected by our guests. Once again my apologies for the service issues and rest assured everyone understand the importance of providing great service during every guest interaction.

Been to Sonesta Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!