“Fantastic! !!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Fort Lauderdale

You added Sonesta Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #32 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Fantastic! !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay on the beach and get married. Beautiful set up, great job from the staff. 5 star wedding. .Definitely check the place for a event. The food was incredible and fresh, not your normal wedding buffet. Lobster, shrimp and a carving station. Just spectacular. .

• Stayed April 2013
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear spaceysapjr, thanks for sharing your positive comments. I am glad we exceeded your expectations during your wedding and with the overall experience during your stay. We don't mind the praise!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Jeannette, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just spent Easter week at beautiful B Ocean in Ft Lauderdale.The hotel was indeed beautiful, especially our room-oceanfront captivating.The bed was so comfortable and the furnishings were so clean and modern.There is no free parking-it is $25 a day ,but the staff there is wonderful.The bar staff at SAIA are awesome -they work so hard-Alex,Michael,Alana, and Joe are the best!!!! The only thing I would change is that I would have liked a coffeepot in my room--but they do offer free coffee in the bistro in the mornings. We would definitely stay there again-it is away from the other hotels whiched we liked ,with more room on the beach for people at the hotel.

Room Tip: Each evening the SAIA resturant in the hotel has a social hour-with drink and food specials-great va...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear janet f, thank you for your great feedback. Sounds like you really took full advantage of your visit to enjoy our hotel, SAIA restaurant and great staff. You are right: there is much more room on the beach in front of the hotel than in the southern section. It allows for a much nicer and quieter experience!
Union, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel has so many good reviews, which is why we booked it, but I have mixed feelings about B Ocean Ft. Lauderdale.

First, the positives: the rooms and the hotel were extremely clean. The food at the Bistro was very good. The hotel is directly across from the beach, and there were several restaurants, bars and shops on the surrounding streets. The cafe had free coffee (which was SO good) until 11:30am every day. The valet guys were on the ball, and we never waited more than three minutes for a cab (even at 3 am). The staff were polite and overall, the hotel was nice.

Now, for the not-so-positives: The pool area was a major disapointment. The pool and lounge chair area were incredibly small, and the pool was usually occupied by children. In order to get a decent lounge chair, I suggest getting up early or else you won't get a chair or will be stuck sitting in the crowded area with people practically on top of you. The beds were super small; barely full-size. The bartender at the pool and staff at the cafe often seemed frazzled and overwhelmed. We had lunch at the Hilton one day and took a peak at their pool area, which made B Ocean's look like a bath tub. If you like to lay by the pool, I suggest looking into the Hilton, the W, or the Atlantic Resort. If you like to lay on the beach, keep in mind the going rate for a lounge chair rental is $10. We also noticed that most of the other hotels had balcony space on their rooms, which is lacking at the B Ocean. What kind of hotel in Florida, on the beach, doesn't have a balcony? Also, the hotel is somewhat far from the south end of A1A where most of the more happening bars and restaurants were, so we had to take a lot cab rides.

Utimately, it was a decent hotel. However, if I were to go back to Ft. Lauderdale, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ksher21, thank you for sharing your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff, the cleanliness of our hotel and rooms as well as the free coffee every morning. Although our pool has only a finite number of chairs available, please keep in mind that several of the other hotels you mentionned have larger facilities due to larger number of rooms. Our location on the northern section of FLL beach provides for a much nicer experience on the beach with no crowds compared to the southern end of the beach.
Allentown PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is outstanding, I always stay here when in Ft Lauderdale. Not only is the view beautiful (especially from the higher floors) the room are extremely clean and new. Beds are wonderful, lighting is great because of the floor to ceiling windows! This is the best place in the area to stay! I give it a 5 star rating. Will be staying there again in June 2013. The food in the sushi restaurant was outstanding, the drinks were wonderful and the bartender made me feel welcome (even though I was staying alone). I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The reservation desk treats you like royalty when you check in, the lobby is very clean and modern! Can't wait to stay again.

Room Tip: High floor Corner suites have a beautiful full view of the ocean!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear bluemagic01, thank you for your great feedback and for making B Ocean your only choice when visiting Fort Lauderdale beach!
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nice Hotel, Beach Front. However, no free parking. Valet is additional $25.00 per day. No refrigerator if you want one that's an extra $30.00 per day. I booked a room for 4. My husband, Myself and my two boys. The "double beds" are very small. Practically a large twin. So take that into consideration when booking. Beautiful view yes, comfortable sleeping, No. The pool is very small, too small. I would say this is more of a couple's hotel than a family place due to the small size of everything and we are not "large" people. The fitness area is just a few treadmills, not a gym which is another minus. You can just run along the beach and get a nice view. Overall, I would not return. It wasn't cheap and if you're going to spend alot you should get more than just a view.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear NjEve, thank you for sharing your comments. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our hotel suitable for your family. We cater to many families, couples and singles with great success. Thank you for your strong ratings in cleanliness, service and location.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel that is located just north of all the other hotels on the beach in Fort Lauderdale. It is a more modern looking hotel and it works great. The decor and atmosphere is really well put together.

The service was almost all great. We had one bad experience at SAIA where they were obviously having a bad evening, besides that everyone was great, friendly, courteous and generous.

The pool was good, small, but when you are on a beach hotel why do you need a pool. The pool drinks were average, took forever to make and priced like a hotel.

The rooms were good, extremely clean, but on the smaller side. We had a suite which would have been considered a regular room in most other hotels. Bathroom was tight with two people in it.

The banquet rooms were great. The views were out of this world looking over the water. Our banquet was fantastic and very well done.

The only item that could be improved was breakfast. It was average priced, but the buffet never changed in the week that I was there. Some variation would have been nice. The pressed bagel sandwiches were fantastic.

Judi was amazing. She was on top of everything and had the best personality. She made our trip incredible and helped us out with everything that we needed.

Overall a good week, if I ever have to be in Fort Lauderdale again I would stay here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MrFoodieHK, thank you for sharing your comments. I appreciate all the positive input, but I also welcome the constructive feedback, which I have shared with our entire team. Judi is a great team member and an asset to our hotel. Thank you for your business!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The B Ocean is a fantastic beach front hotel to stay in when visiting Fort Lauderdale. I have to admit I was surprised. Usually modern hotels in the US offer a lot of promise but fail to deliver. Not this place. From t he minute you arrive you know it's good. I arrived at a quiet time of the evening so reception staff were very attentive. The design of the reception area was very contemporary and well designed, if a little bright.

I had a sea facing room with two huge windows. It was so nice waking up each day to this view. Take a look at the photos I've uploaded. The room I had was high up, on the 12th floor, and incredibly spacious. Everything was very clean too, which I guess it needs to be in such a white property.

The sushi restaurant on the first floor seemed good. We only had cocktails there, made by a very charming bartender. I had breakfast on my last day in the cafe type restaurant which was great - plenty of American eggs and bacon.

The most disappointing element of the hotel was the lack of a gym, which came as a surprise. The room they have is tiny and only really has a few treadmills which seem redundant given the spectacular beachfront opposite you (which I used instead).

All in all I had a great stay here and look forward to coming back. It made a welcome change to the usual mediocre hotels you get in the US, especially this part of the country.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the sea facing corner rooms on a high floor. The views are amazing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear moaksey, thank you for your candid feedback. It's always great to hear that we met your expectations!

Been to Sonesta Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!