“Satisfactory stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Fort Lauderdale

You added Sonesta Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
4th Night is Free!
Ranked #38 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bern, Switzerland
“Satisfactory stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Great welcoming arrival and check-in. Nice well-renovated room. Nice that all rooms have ocean view. Think was on superior floor with floor to ceiling windows as noticed different layout on other floors.

They did the best job they could with the pool area, but it is severely lacking in comparison to other area 4 star hotels. Long wait to check-out with more unpleasant morning shift.

Did the breakfast buffet and it was quite well presented. Found it odd that charged extra for tea after being asked if I would like coffee or tea with breakfast, while the coffee was included.

The hotel met my expectations and would get a solid 3 1/2 star rating but not a 4 star, unless design is all that counts.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed a B ocean for a week this July for business I had in Fort Lauderdale and was more than satisfied! Front desk was friendly and eager to help with anything I needed, food, entertainment, ect... Saia, the in house sushi restaurant was to die for. I ended up eating there 3 times during my stay and my hat is off to Chef Chenkosorn, Manager David, and bartender Maxanne. Make sure you try the tamari scallop and the ocean blue roll. I stayed in a single king room on the 6th floor and was greated by the sunrise over the ocean every morning, no obstruction. The B is right across the street from the beach so a daily swim was necessary, with it being July in Florida. I also found that bang for your buck this place won hands down. Similar statured hotels were going for almost twice the money. The only thing I found difficult was the bell staff, they seemed unorganized and sometimes took a while to get your vehicle, but it is a relatively new hotel so give em a break!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We wanted a nice hotel, and so we got! The view from our room was beautiful! We thought that the room was generally of high standard, and the only thing we missed was a fridge. The beds were comfy, the bathroom was very nice and the shower was better than most American hotel showers...

The people working at the front desk were very helful and friendly. We arrived a few hours earlier than expected, but still we got to check in right away. Everybody was welcoming and friendly - even the chambermaids and the people working on maintenance greeted us politely in the hallways.

The hotel is quite new, so the overall standard is high. We found it clean, chic and modern.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with ocean view!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

The customer service at this hotel was OVER THE TOP!!!!! The first class service started as soon as I stepped through the front door. Each and every employee's performance within this hotel was STELLAR. The hotel is very clean, chic and colorful. Every room within the hotel has an ocean view! The view of the ocean from the beautiful picture windows in the rooms were EXTRAORDINARY!

Kindly,
Karen Sawyer

P.S. One minor improvement would be to place a mini fridge in each room and a bonus would be to include a microwave.

Room Tip: Ask for a mini fridge for your room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Villa Park, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

After reading the reviews online and looking at the hotel website, I was very excited to stay there. To say that I was disappointed after arrival is an understatement. The hotel apparently is a refurbished Holiday Inn - what this means is that while the rooms may appear nice and luxurious the same can't be said for the noise. You can hear everything and I mean everything - from the toilets flushing to people talking in the room next to you. Second, the front desk employees are very rude - if you have an issue, comment, question etc. they stare right through you and you just know that you're speaking in vain. Room service, valet, etc. are very helpful though. Third, the pool looks amazing in the pictures - it's not so in real life so just stick to the beach which is just across the street. The restaurant SAIA is nice, but extremely overpriced so if you're looking for a good seafood place go somewhere else. Overall, this hotel tries to be upscale but it's really not. You're much better off staying somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Dear Karolinka13,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that your experience was not to your satisfaction. My team and I take your feedback serious and are committed to addressing the issues you pointed out. I would very much appreciate if you would give me a call or send me a note regarding the date you stayed and what room you were in so I can address the issues promptly. As for the Restaurant, we frequently update the menu based on our guest feedback. I will ensure your comments are considered with our current menu presentation. Lastly, I am extremely disappointed that your experience with our guest service staff was not outstanding. I will share your comments with my team as a training opportunity. I hope you choose to come back and stay with us again and look forward to hearing back from you. I wish you safe and fulfilling travels.

Kindest Regards,

Joel Darr
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My Husband and I stayed there for a week to celebrate our one year anniversary, we loved the B ocean Hotel and we will differently go back for every anniversary, the rooms are very clean(new) modern style, the staff are very nice and professional!!!!!! the location is great. i will highly recommend it

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

The B is a beautifully done hotel, and their staff was exceptional. The rooms were gorgeous - the beds are Beauty Rest and very comfortable - the view is amazing!! The only downside was in the junior suite - the bathroom was very small with a very narrow shower. The safety rail was right in the middle, and there was hardly enough room to turn around. However, the bathroom in the standard room was much larger. The pool is a nice size; the first-come-first-served cabanas were a very nice touch. The bar was convenient as was the fitness center, and the beach is right across the street! We had the breakfast buffet in the B'stro, and the food was hot and fresh. Free coffee! Jim, the B'stro manager, is very engaging and accommodating. The Valets were friendly and full of great ideas and accurate directions. We highly recommend the B and would love to stay again! Loved the B... marketing theme.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sonesta Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!