“Alright / Pricey / Crowded” 3 of 5 stars
Review of sea watch

sea watch
6002 n ocean blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308-2320 (Lauderdale-by-the-Sea)
954 781 2200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
sea watch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 1,122 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
Cross street: Commercial Blvd
Description: Sea Watch On The Ocean located on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean in Fort Lauderdale is perfect for any occasion. Whether it's business, pleasure, or any other special event we offer private dining rooms, an enclosed patio or our main dining room, all with beautiful water views to maximize your dining experience. Operating for over 34 years our menu selections range from a wide variety of the finest seafood and steaks.
Daydream Island, Australia
“Alright / Pricey / Crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We skipped the hour long wait and had drinks upstairs at the bar and ordered our meal from a wonderful bartender from N.C. who has been with them for a while. Nice person.
She makes a mighty fine marguerita and I don't normally drink them !
The food was good, the bread was very very good (outside vendor) Our meal was nothing above and beyond. There was a wedding outside earlier and all about the inside the night we were there. We were later by local that the early bird special is a good value.
Good place, but not worth a long wait or a build up.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Clearwater, Florida
“bad food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

The first time we had been there in Sept. the food was great. We went back in July with 14 people for a Birthday. We where very disappointed, My fish was raw and needed to send it back twice when my daughter offered her dish to me after she could not finish it I was told they would charge me extra but would take my food off the bill. My daughters boyfriends food was frozen fish. He ate it anyway. My brother in laws fish tasted like it had been in a freezer for a long time. We spent a lot of money. We also had to put up with the waiters being nasty and arrogant. After my dinner was brought out twice raw I did not want to order anything else. Everyone was already done the did not even offer me desert. do not recommend this restaurant. As nothing is fresh at of 14 people on 2 were satisfied with the meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Laval
“Awesome place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

we went three times at this restaurant in two weeks of holidays at Fort Lauderdale. The first time was to tried the early bird special before my wedding reception at the seawatch 5 days later. The food was delicious. From the bread until the brownie. the waitress Erika was very friendly with us and when we told her that we are going to get married on the beach of the seawatch 5 days later and if it's could be possible to visit the loft room where my reception dinner will be she show us where to go visiting the mezzanine. On my wedding day the mezzanine was elegantly decorate and the food was still wonderful.all my guest really appreciate his meal. only the waitress Alla was a little bit un-sympathetic but i thing that only because she don't feel confortable to serve a reception dinner with many guests... she became more smily later in the evening... we did the reception on the beach front of the restaurant and it was really a wonderful location for our wedding picture and very quiet with only 3-4 people in the water around the beach of the restaurant... I am very glad that my Chaplain suggest me this restaurant for the ceremony and the dinner. everything was perfect!! and we had so much appreciate our two first visit that we decided to bring our parents and step-parents dinner a last time at this restaurant for their wedding anniversaries. we was a group of 8 adults and one baby and we got Alla again as waitress and she recognize us and seem happy to see us again at the restaurant and she look more confortable and happy to serve us instead at our wedding dinner... people tried chicken, fish and beef and everybody enjoy his meal. I really hope to going back in holidays at Fort Lauderdale to going back at this great restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“NICE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I LOVED this restaurant. We met with friends from Miami and took them here, we were visiting from out of town and it was recommended to us by the staff at Lighthouse Cove Resort in Pompano Beach. The interior is really quirky and the architecture is great, the view from any table is the ocean and there was even a seating area that was open to the air. Some of the chairs are captain’s chairs and some are these huge fluffy wicker chairs. It was interesting enough just to look at the interior. Our waitress was a little snotty as one of my companions has a slight Spanish accent and when she asked the waitress to repeat the dressing choices she wasn’t very happy. Our drink orders and salads came out very quickly, and were average as far as salads go. The meal however, was yummy. I ordered the bouillabaisse and it was great, the perfect amount of oils and saffron in the tomato broth. However flavorful it contained more fish than shellfish, shrimp, calamari, and scallops, but the flavor was very aromatic and nice. I didn’t end up eating it all as there was so much. My husband ordered the lobster which was cooked perfectly. Our friend ordered the surf and turf, he ordered his steak medium rare and it came medium-well, if it had been mine it would have been sent back. The food is ok for the price, but in no way is the food bad or below-par. Everything was seasoned great and the view is fantastic, you should definitely go because it’s a neat restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
southaven, ms
“Wonderful Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Great seafood - I had the mahi mahi and it was cooked perfectly. My hubby had the sowrdfish and it was awesome as well!! Everything was very nice - white linen tableclothes and all. View was phenominal from our table as well. This is defintely a great place for some local seafood!

• 5 of 5 stars Food