“Best Bar B Que I've had in a long time.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #575 of 1,126 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunrise Blvd
Description: We embody all styles of BBQ our exclusive ingredients and preparation techniques that give our BBQ a flavor all of its own. Come taste the very best BBQ Fort Lauderdale has to offer!
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Bar B Que I've had in a long time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

While recently visiting ft lauderdale on business, my brother and I were driving down US1 near the corner of NE 26th and couldn't help being drawn over by the smell of fire smoked meats that seem to permeate the entire neighborhood. Well once we found out where the heavenly aroma was coming from we made a u turn and quickly drove into the parking lot of this place. Upon entering, the place was clean and neat, the staff was extremely pleasant. The food was delicious. We both had the chicken and rib tips combo platter with collard greens and potato salad. The white meat chicken was extremely juicy, the rib tips were well smoked, well seasoned and tender to the bone and the sauce, well the sauce just made every thing even better. Now if your mouth isn't watering yet, imagine a buttery golden brown corn muffin that smells almost like short bread fresh and hot out of the oven. If you are in south Florida and want great barbecue that is truly comfort food.... Run don't walk to texas Hold em on us . You will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wilton Manors, Florida
“Wish it had been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Well, I would love to give more than 3 stars. I have been to this location a number of times and this was the worst of any of those visits. Not sure what is going on with them. I just saw that the downtown location was closed. Arrived on a Saturday night at 7:15 and the place was basically empty. Wow.

Ordered pulled pork and brisket combo. The pork was pretty good, but the brisket was pretty dry and not all that tasty. Side of mac and cheese and fries. Fries were standard and mac and cheese was decent.

Portions were less than any other visit as well.

Service was fine, except that she got my friend's order wrong, but ended up bringing his ribs.

Broken urinal in the men's room and it looked like it had been that way for awhile

I wish this place well, the food was excellent when they first opened, but I wonder if this really is a cursed location.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey Shore
“Best Texas BBQ in South Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Evert region has it's own style of BBQ. Texas is best known for it's beef brisket. Texas Hold 'Em brings all the great flavors of real Texas BBQ to south Florida. A casual panhandle atmosphere, combined with great service and a full bar makes this a perfect place for a more than you can finish lunch or dinner. Prices are quite reasonable and after four visits to work our way thru the menu, we could not find anything we did not like and would not recommend. There are other BBQs around featuring other versions of this great cuisine but this is the real deal and well worth a visit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Big potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had bought a Groupon for this restaurant, which has two locations. The location I bought it for was closed, but the other location accepted the coupon. I was very impressed with that. The decor was very nice & southern themed. I believe this is a newer location. We got takeout and had a glass of wine while we waited. The wait time was a bit long for take out BBQ. However, the food was good. Nothing overly impressive, but good for the pricing. My boyfriend and I would go back again, as this place has lots of room for upwards growth.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Decent BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Went on a Groupon deal, to try out a place I had long been curious about. The place is super-casual, the food was pretty good, inexpensive (even without the Groupon) and the service was very good. I would recommend it for a casual meal, especially for lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere