“Great Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,126 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Melbourne, Florida
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were traveling to Ft Lauderdale and found Truluck's on TA. We made our reservations on Open Table and easily got the time we chose the day before. When we arrived, we found they had their own valet ($6 or 8). We arrived a few minutes late and were sat immediately. About half the tables were empty but filled throughout the evening. Our waiter, David, was excellent. He knew the menu well and spoke at length about several wines we were choosing from. The food was amazing. They focus on sustainability, which is a big deal to us. The calamari was the best I've ever had. Both entrees were exceptional. We cannot recommend this enough. Dinner prices were right about what you would expect from a restaurant of this quality. The desert tray was insane, although by the time we got there there was no room left.

One of the oddest, and most unexpected things: the next day around lunch time, the manager called my wife and asked to make sure we enjoyed dinner. That tells me exactly how much they care about providing the best experience possible. Thumbs up, Mr Manager.

sedona
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Got there during happy hour, sat at the bar as all the tables were taken. Had great live entertainment, we had the shrimp cocktail - great, the lump crab cake - also great and the ceviche topped it off. Then onto a delightful dinner. Good wine choices and top shelf alcohol. Great experience all the way around.

Chicago, Illinois
“4.5 Stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The ambiance and food get 4.5 stars; service would be 3, mostly because the server accidentally bumped a glass of water on the table, which trickled onto my husband's leg, and he didn't seem too concerned about it, didn't offer to bring a towel to wipe off; so my husband used his napkin and then server forgot to bring him another one; good thing it wasn't wine and we are very laid back people! I should have told this to the person who called me from the restaurant the next day to ask about our experience but not looking to get the guy fired or anything. Piano bar musician was excellent, and she blended in so well (not overtly loud) that I thought it was music through speakers. FOOD: We had the crunchy and hot shrimp; well prepared, fresh; The rainbow tartare tower was very fresh, would have loved more of the dab of sauce they put on the side to give it more of a flavor punch. I had the broiled halibut entrée and my husband had the sesame seared tuna; both were fantastic, good portions; the restaurant accommodated my husband's request for white rice with his tuna instead of potatoes; I had the Spain vs. Italy wine flight which gives you a taste of 4 wines at a glass and a half price. The key lime pie was the tartest I'd ever had, but phenomenal. I would eat here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Larchmont, New York, United States
“Fresh seafood but not spectacular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We visited on a Monday night for dinner and enjoyed our appetizers and some drinks at the bar during their half off happy hour. We then moved into the dining room for dinner. The fried shrimp entree was70% french fried and 6 large shrimp on top. I've had better. My husband enjoyed his local stone crab entree but don't bother gettingthe unlimited deal as he did unless you're prepared to eat at least 12 pieces. If you eat 8 like he did, it's just cheaper to order them off the normal menu. Overall a good meal at a chain, but nothing spectacular.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Orovada, NV
“Great Seafood and Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We loved our meal there! My guy had the broiled scallops, he said they were sweet and tender. I had the trout amandine. and enjoyed every moist and flavorful bite. My daughter had the small beef filet, and said it was seasoned and cooked perfectly. We had Key Lime Pie and Carrot cake for dessert. Those portions were HUGE, and tasted just as fabulous the next day. Our waiter was friendly and accommodating. We will definitely return!