“Below Average” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale

You added Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5100 N. State Road 7, Commercial Blvd & N State Rd 7, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #113 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Seattle, Washington
“Below Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed here for the Caribbean Cruise and it was such a dram start to our vacation. The hotel was hard to find (the address is confusing) and it was not near anything interesting. The hotel rooms were similar to many other hotel rooms but the hallways were dimly lit and constantly smelled of pot. The outside pool was small but heated and the area surrounding it, while small, was quite pretty. The outside bar was not open late but served some great drinks. The food served was basically disgusting. They provided free wifi but it was so weak that we never used it. We went to use the computer and you had to pay to use it (not a lot but that's not the point). One of the biggest problems I had was that the key cards constantly kept deactivating. Apparently it's if you put it near another credit card or electronic in general but I've NEVER had that be a problem in any other hotel. That means they were cheap cheap cheap! Overall, there are plenty of other options (though if going by Celebration, might need to) and you shouldn't pay the money for this hotel when there are far better ones for the same price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We booked a hotel package and this hotel was included, unfortunately for us. What a horrible experience! There was no hot water in the hotel and the management wouldn't give us any idea when there would be hot water. There was also a giant puddle of water in front of the air conditioning unit so that you couldn't walk on that side of the room. The bathroom didn't have an exhaust fan to evacuate the damp air from both these issues, so the room was very moldy smelling. The hotel was very run down, with things like faucet handles broken and mold in the shower. It is also in the middle of nowhere, (not near any restaurants, shopping or other attractions), so not a place I would ever choose. I complained when the hot water was not available and then at checkout the next day and followed up with a phone call to get a refund, I was treated with indifference by the hotel staff. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Don't stay here at any price!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Flowood, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel due to the Caribbean Cruise scam. Now let me preface this with Caribbean Cruise and Bahamas celebration are NOT related companies. Look them up separately. Caribbean Cruise isn't even a cruise line, it's a marketing company and a scam. While Bahamas Celebration is a legit cruise. The Bahamas Celebration is a converted ferry so its a smaller cruise but so much fun. Just wanted to let everyone know since I was so confused researching.
Now, on to my review about Ramada Plaza Resort...which is not a resort. Pay cash only. Do not give them your credit card. Also, the sports bar is never open so don't get your hopes up. We heard the free food at the hotel you get with your vouchers from the scam is terrible. Thank goodness we ate out at restaurants outside of the hotel bc while we were there a couple got food poisoning from the hotel food. Then, our room was actually alright but the whole hallway we had to walk down bc our room was practically at the end of the hall smelled like cat pee. Worst smell ever. Thank goodness our room didn't smell like that or we would have been out of there. Our bed and room were fine. We saw pictures of bed bugs from other people's reviews so it is the only hotel that I inspected the mess out of the entire bed, box springs and all. We were fine overall but be weary.

• Stayed August 2012
Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Like most other folks, we stayed here because it was included in our package (2 days here, a quick cruise to the Bahamas via Celebration Cruiselines, and 2 nights in another Ramada in Orlando). We opted not to upgrade to a better hotel, and I am completely regretting that decision.

Although the staff that checked us in was nice to us, it was very apparent that the overall level of hospitality shown by their team was incredibly low if not non-existent. Clearly they had no intention of delivering good service, since most of us were "stuck" there at the point of check-in.

The room we were given was absolutely filthy. There were stains on the bedspread, holes in the blankets, various substances and stains on the toilet and floor, the mirror attached to the bathroom door was rotting away, and the ceiling above the shower was covered in visible mold. (see photos)

I quickly requested a room chance, and was granted one. The 2nd room we were placed in was a bit cleaner, but still had holes in the blankets. I figured I could survive for 2 days, and just tried not to think about it.

Unfortunately, soon after our stay there, I began noticing bites all over most of my body. According to the doctor I saw, it was most likely Bed Bug bites, but could also be from other mites or beetles living in the room we stayed in. I contacted the hotel again (as we had left by this point), and got a very vague response back. I asked if they would notify and move the individual currently checked in to that room, to which their response was that they would call for it to be inspected the next morning (so I'm guessing that was a NO).

This place is absolutely filthy, has horrible customer service, the 'free' meals in their restaurant are practically inedible, the "spa" is a small room that is certainly not spa-like in any way, we were advised by several folks at restaurants in the area not to go out around the hotel at night since it was unsafe, and you could very well wind up COVERED in bed bug bites like me.

Please don't stay here, for your own good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had to stay at the Ramada for 2 nights as a part of a package for a cruise... It was terrible!! The people at the front desk were VERY rude to us, the room smelled bad, food was awful, and they broke some of my belongings! Never again will I stay there.. It was a bad experience!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This resort was terrible. Upon check in, we were rudely told that check in was at 3pm (it was noon). We decided to leave and do some exploring of the area and came back at 4pm. There was a huge line. The customer service was awful. We waited at the front of the check in line for 30 mintues (this did not include the 15-20 min wait to get to the front of the line) while 3 front desk clerks were looking down at their computers. Never once did they acknowledge us (nor the huge line behind us that went to the door). Finally, one looked up and said next. I think this was the only actual person checking people in. The other 2 had not said next the entire time we were in line. After we got checked in, we went to our room, which was clean, but smelled weird. The hotel itself was old and needs to be updated. It is in a bad area, not convenient to anything fun. The food on the buffet was awful.... we ate a little, then went out to some local restaurants. Upon check out, we were not asked how our stay was, but I have a feeling they get lots of complaints and already know. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB on this hotel.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Harlem, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, not even a homeless person! As my friend and
I entered the Ramada hotel we noticed the under developed interior. As we went to our floor and exited the elavator, the undenying smell of mold from the carpet hit our noses and it looked as if it had not been cleaned in years!! Our door key wouldn't work and when we went down to inform them, they realized they forgot to activate the key. When we finally entered we found stained blankets with holes in it. Their solution was to switch us to another room, where we encountered trouble again with the key. Lucky enough there was an employee who had to use his key to let us in. In the second room we entered the same problem but worst. We decided to take the blanket to our "Welcome center" and request either a refund or to transfer us to another hotel. The manger followed us and attempted to snatch the blanket and demanded that we get our things from the room and get out of his hotel!! horrible service, lack of professionalism and courtesy. If your like me and enjoy good quality hotels when on vacation, stay away from this hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!