“Luxury Airport Parking - The Worst!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Convention Centers, Other
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Luxury Airport Parking - The Worst!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The experience SEEMED flawless, from price to checkin to pickup, was wonderful. However, I take my car, and a few hours later, my car won't start. I call back, and explained that my car won't start, and asked whether there had been any issue with my car. The woman who answered acknowledged they had to jump it, and explained they weren't responsible for my dead battery. I explained I would've expected some sort of notification that there was an issue starting the car, and she repeated they were not responsible for my car, since it sat there for 8 days. NOT RESPONSIBLE. NOT RESPONSIBLE?????

I'm stunned, I'm sitting here in the POURING rain with my 2 year old son and $150 of groceries in the back seat, waiting for a jump, so that I can take it to my mechanic, something I would've done right away had I been notified my Ms. Not Responsible, who refused to give me her name, and hung up on me, and hasn't answered the calls from me, thanks to caller ID. What a shame. As a frequent traveler (and friends of other frequent travelers who would've used Luxury Parking on my endorsement), I am disgusted and very upset. I take care of business, and with a little notice, would not be in this mess. Luxury Parking is just Parking. The word Luxury cannot be used here. Sorry - learned my lesson.

Visited June 2014

Evansville, Indiana
34 attraction reviews
“Conveniently located great decor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Love the layout of this convention center and the decor is really awesome! The carpet looks like underwater sealife. The Ball rooms were spacious and the meeting rooms and food vendors conveniently located but they need more restrooms on the second floor!

Visited April 2014
Miami, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Ft.Lauderdale & Broward County Convention Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Spacious and easy to locate. Parking pricey.The walkway from the garage parking to the main hall is interesting. Located at the port in Ft.Lauderdale. I've attended many events here: the Home Show, educational events, car show. The outdoors is beautiful with seating ...sunny..breezes off the ocean...

Visited March 2014
New Jersey
25 attraction reviews
“One of the best convention Centers that I have been.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This convention center is huge!!
It's located in the Port of Fort Everglades and you MUST have ID to get inside. Without ID, you won't be able to get it. The port Authority is very strict.
They have bathroms every where. They have 3 different Huge rooms.
I have been there this past weekend and the convention was held for 6 thousand people in the biggest room. They also have 2 other rooms where they set up a big cafeteria with stations with different type of foods. They also have food stands in the hallways.
The stuff was very nice.
There is an open area with chairs and umbrellas outside where you can sit and eat while you have your break.
Parking lot is 3 dollars or the first hour and 6 for the first 3 hours. The most that you will pay will be 12 dollars for more than 6 hours and /or the entire day.

Visited March 2014
Pompano Beach, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“just another home show”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have been here twice. Once for a car auction and once for a home show. Nothing outstanding. Just another convention center with a confusing parking garage. The one exception is the inconvenience of showing photo ID because it is located within the Port of Fort Everglades.

Visited January 2014

Travelers who viewed Greater Fort Lauderdale & Broward County Convention Center also viewed

Been to Greater Fort Lauderdale & Broward County Convention Center? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Greater Fort Lauderdale & Broward County Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.