“Everything was great except, would you believe...” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
500 E Broward Blvd, Ste 123, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394 (Downtown Fort Lauderdale)
954-467-9720
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #387 of 1,126 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Lauderdale
Cross street: SE Corner of Broward Boulevard & SE 3rd Avenue
Transit: From the Broward Central Terminal, walk east on Broward Boulevard to the Regions Bank Building located on the southeast corner of Broward Boulevard and Southeast Third Avenue (5-minute walk).
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
West of the Drink, East of the Swamp
“Everything was great except, would you believe...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I've done a lot of reviewing, including an appearance on "Check Please," but this will be the first where I use a 1-10 rating scale, where 10 is tops. This is easier, and it saves wear and tear on my typing fingers.

VALET PARKING -- one must know where to look, on the south side of the office building. Because the building is at the SW corner of Broward Blvd. and Federal 1, there's little chance of finding street parking. The service was perfect, but it may have been a 75-foot walk to the entrance, not good in a downpour. Score: 8

AMBIANCE -- nicely urban and polished. Score: 9

STAFF GREETING & SEATING -- wonderfully cordial and friendly. Score: 10

COCKTAIL -- a decent Manhattan, but half the size served at Ruth's Chris. No score.

APPETIZERS -- lots of food was coming, so we skipped 'em.

SALAD -- we split a chopped salad, which I thought was tasty but chopped so fine that we could have used spoons to consume it. Score: 8

CREAMED SPINACH -- big portion, perfect. Score: 10

LYONNAISE POTATOES -- not as I expected, but perfect. Score: 10

M'LADY'S LITTLE FILET -- looks really small when served on an otherwise bare plate, but she reported it was very good with Bearnaise sauce. Score: 8

MY CHICAGO STYLE BONE-IN RIBEYE STEAK -- made a good appearance, properly charred in all the right places, but 2-4 oz. smaller than I expected for the $54 price tag. The taste was great, but alas, the meat was NOT juicy and tender (ordered medium rare), and was the night's only disappointment. I prepare luscious rib steaks on my grill at home, so I was pretty disappointed. In retrospect, I should have sent it back after the first two bites. Score: 4

WINE -- two glasses of something red, not memorable, but okay. No score.

DESSERT -- we shared an order of great "upside-down apple pie". Score: 10
COFFEE -- a very good decaf, lightly roasted, mellow rather than bitter. Score: 10

STEMWARE, GLASSWARE, FLATWARE, NAPKINS -- Score: 10

SERVICE -- perfect, from entrance to departure. Score 10

SUMMARY -- despite the disappointment with my costly rib steak, we had a very good time and departed Morton's in a jolly mood with lots of leftovers. Everything: $245.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Sunchales, Argentina
“Great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I'ven in Morton's in Miami, Coral Gables, Washington DC, Los Angeles and always is the same: the same quality, the same good service, the same ambience.. We like it a lot!!!

I'll come back again!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
1,268 reviews 1,268 reviews
“Excellent Cajun Ribeye”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Morton's Steakhouse is located downtown Ft. Lauderdale

I had a business dinner here this week.

Excellent food if you have the budget to spend $50+ for just the steak plus $11 for a salad plus about $8-10 for each side ordered (can share the sides). I had the Cajun Ribeye and it was extremely good! The desserts are large so can be shared and very good, but be prepared to put out more cash for them! Wait staff is very knowledgeable and accommodating. They have some private rooms if you are hosting a dinner for 10 people or so. They also have a big wine selection.

Morton's just got bought out by Landry's the day before I was there so the waiter said that some things will be changing, but he wasn't sure exactly what.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
florida
“Had much better service at Duffy's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

We went to Morton's last night for my dad's farewell dinner thinking we are in for a treat. Unfortunatelly that wasn't the case. The steak was as good as I would expect a 56$ steak to be but that where the positive ended. At a place like this with prices like this (dinner for three 346$, no appetizers) I would like the service to impeccable. Instead we got a sloppy and incredibly unattentive waiter. Never there when we needed to order another drink. Forgot napkins. At the end of the meal I reminded him that we never got our sparkling water, all he said was "Do you want it now?" The only time he was fast was when we were still in the middle of dessert, without us requesting it, brought out the bill. Then he disappeared again leaving us stuck in the booth behind the table. By the way, his name is Josh, has a goatee.
The only bright spot was the lady at the front desk, Athena, who was as nice as can be.
We won't be comming back and definitelly won't be recommending this place to anyone.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Place- Excellent service and food is consistent with all the other Mortons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

The servvice and food is excellent and this is what is great about Morton's they keep up the high level of consistency in all their locations Manger has been there a long time and works hard to maintain this.

Visited March 2011