“Cheers for the friendly staff at Hyatt Regency Pier 66!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #51 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Evanston, IL
“Cheers for the friendly staff at Hyatt Regency Pier 66!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

After checking out various Ft. Lauderdale hotels I luckily chose this one and am so pleased I did! I wanted to find a better hotel for my son and his wife to stay, in following their cruise, than the one the Ramada Resorts Pkg. deal I had offered them, which was a dump in the middle of nowhere. Though the Ramada Plaza hotel was supposedly included "for free" in their package "deal," I was willing to spend money to get them to a good hotel. I thought they might enjoy the location and view from the Hyatt Regency at Pier Sixty-Six. They certainly did! AND, they loved the luxury, the great views from their room, the shuttle to the beach, the marvelous swimming pools, and definitely the wonderful, friendly staff who went out of their way to be nice to them. My son and daughter-in-law have had a number of obstacles to overcome in life and are not sophisticated travelers, nor do they have much money or many opportunities for fun and travel - so this was a VERY special trip. I mentioned this in a note to the hotel staff when I booked this hotel online. They either heeded my note, or they are just naturally, routinely nice (which I suspect may be the case.) In any event, they made my "kids' " two days, two nights at the Hyatt Regency wonderful, and I'm really grateful! Happy mom

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
  • Greek first
j4sythe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 and are glad we did. I spent a couple months reviewing hotels and trying to decide which one to pick. I could have save about 20 bucks and stayed at a cheaper hotel but they all had bad reviews like, dirty, poor service and they were in the middle of town. The Hyatt is in a great location. Close to beaches, night life, dining, airport, and cruise ports. It was an awesome hotel. The service was great. Luis and Brandon at the front desk were very helpful, friendly, and a riot. Riccardo at the bar was the best bartender you could ask for. He kept us laughing (and drinking) all night. The hotel was clean and the pool was fantastic. Great view to. Definately recommend this one. We will be going back in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Ft. Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Just spent the weekend at Hyatt Pier 66 and my only regret is having to leave. My room had a king sized plush bed and a balcony overlooking the intracoastal with an ocean view and view of the pool area as well. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated right down to the Jack Vettriano, one of my favorite artists. Service was impeccable as was the food. Even the breakfast buffet (which I usually stay away from) was exceptionally well made with many items to choose from and everything fresh. The fresh squeezed grapefruit juice was a wonderful treat. I booked the spa package and the service and attention there was exactly waht I have come to expect from Hyatt. Everyone was very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in making my stay as pleasant as could be. They succeeded. Needless to say, as soon as I got home, I got online to book my next stay. I can't wait to get back there. Waking up to that view and enjoying the view in the evening was absolutely priceless. I just needed to a quick getaway to relax. I turned off my cell phone, lef the laptop, and indulged in the lap of Hyatt luxury. This is a no brainer. I highly recommend Hyatt Pier 66 to anyone with discerning tastes. I am daydreaming of my return. Thanks to all of their staff - I left in a much better place than when I arrived.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

I could go on and on about The Hyatt Pier 66.. This was one of my favorite hotels we have ever stayed at.. The room was huge with a view to die for.. The staff was the best and if u needed help with where to eat ask the bartender Ricardo.. He knew his stuff. Like I said I could go on and on.. If you don't believe me, go see for youself.. Don't forget to ask for Ricardo and tell him we said hello..

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

What a refreshing, friendly and efficient hotel property. I have been in the travel industry for over 30 years, and can not speak highly enough about this resort! I have been going to the Pier since 1985 and have seen nothing but improvements with pride! What a Classic property. Rooms are classic, and clean. Room service is AWESOME! The entire staff are ALL so kind and professional, and really care about your needs. Great Location, and lots of deals! Just Ask! They are always willing and able to help. Get this......the call me by my first name on each and every return...just ask Mary at the Pool Side Cabana! She really is on the ball.....All Super folks....Can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Kissimmee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

My husband, 2 yr old son and I stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 on a Sunday - Tuesday visit. We were delighted to have a room on the first floor facing the pool in the lanai rooms. The guestroom was very large so we didn't feel crammed in plus the porch was a nice addition. The bathroom was huge and well-lit. Some things needed a maintenance touch up but it was reported and did not affect our stay at all. The pools were beautiful.
The best thing though was the service from Luis and Mariana at the front desk to the pool captain and maintenance. Luis was a great first impression - giving us his name if we had any questions about the hotel or area. Very friendly and didn't balk at our son as he was about to climb on all the furniture. Marianna when we left was great too - we were concerned about the parking charge but she was very friendly in explaining the charge which may sometimes be difficult. The pool guy was accommodating and the pool maintanence gentleman was very sweet to my son.
Overall, would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
MIA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the hotel for the weekend getaway in July 2009. Everything about this hotel looks much better on the website and in the pictures than it is in reality. To begin with it is about 60 degrees in the hotel and in the rooms - it is freezing cold! We had room in the Tower and had to keep the balcony door open at all times to make the room at least livable. As a result bathroom floor and mirrors were wet all the time during our stay bacuse of water condensate. Pool water is not heated enough to make it pleasant, you have to sign in with your room number, last name to get a towel(!!) and return towel with a ticket so you wouldn't get charged for stealing it. The person responsible for giving out towels takes his time doing whatever - peple have to stand and wait for him to come back. So called "pool ambassador" does not exist, you have to go and buy drinks at the bar, on Saturday pool bar closed around 4 PM, bar in the lobby and restarunt bath close at 11.00 PM. Pool cleaning is done around 9 AM on Sunday - cleaner actually shushed people to leave the pool. Chases in the pool cabanas are dirty. Breakfast tastes worse than McDonalds - all frozen food slightly heated up. It seems Hyatt did just enough to call this place a Hyatt hotel. guess what - that is not enough! Hotel is not run as a Hyatt resort, much closer to Days Inn. If it wasn't for the view - we would have been completely miserable. Views from the Tower are amazing, another good thing - valet guys were quick.
Will not stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six? Share your experiences!