“WOW!! What a resort! We can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #54 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Myers, Florida
“WOW!! What a resort! We can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My family and I had such an amazing time at this resort! We recently moved from Ohio to Ft Myers and decided to take a day trip to this Hyatt. The pools and outside were so amazing! Loved our room! Great Location, close to everything. This was a great place for a family and we really had wished we were staying several nights versus just one! We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Welcome to Florida, you new home! We are thrilled you enjoyed your first visit to the East coast and that you picked our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six as your accommodations. We are glad you found our location convenient and it seems the entire family had a lot of fun in the pools.Thank you for sharing with us your experience. We wish you the best settling into your new life in Florida and hope to welcome you back soon at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (801)
  • Greek first
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Our trip was to Key West but arrived in Fort Lauderdale and decided to stay here our first night. Very nice location, about a mile or so from the beach. Woman at front desk was very helpful and friendly. The hotel looks a little dated but our room was a decent size and nicely renovated. Comfortable bed. TV wasn't HD but that's okay... we watched a movie on our iPad. The lobby bar area looked fancy but was casual and relaxing. Good atmosphere. Comfy seating. The bartender/waiter who served us was also nice. We didn't order food, just drinks. We might stay here again the night before we are scheduled to fly out.

Stayed July 2014
We are definitely glad you happened to stop by the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six on your way to Key West. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to write your review. We are happy you enjoyed your accommodations, the atmosphere and service in the Lounge. We wish you a pleasant trip to Key West and hope to welcome you back before your return home.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Upon check in, I hiked to our Lenai room and discovered an old room with small bugs crawling on the walls. I immediately checked Trip Advisor to see what rooms were recommended. When, I called reception and told them of the bug problem, I asked specifically for a room in the tower and they immediately moved me. However, rooms in the tower are not always available and even they show signs of age. For my taste, I would never stay in any rooms at this hotel unless they are in the tower. Had one not been available, I would’ve found another hotel, it was that bad. I did have dinner at the hotel and breakfast. Both were really good and the waitress very nice. The pool area was also fun for my little girl. I originally booked this hotel due to the proximity to the cruise terminal; however, it’s a taxi ride away no matter where you stay so I’d stay a little further away at a nicer hotel next time. Disappointed in Hyatt as I didn't think a place like this would be up to their standards at all.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing with us your comments about your recent visit to our hotel. We are sorry to hear your initial accommodations were not as expected and will make sure to pass on your feedback to our housekeeping team. We are glad you were satisfied with your second room and you enjoyed the rest of your visit, in particular the pool and restaurants. Please know we continue improving our product based on the comments from our guests and we thank you again for your review. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I'm from Iowa and to be able to wake up, look out my 15th floor bedroom window and see the beautiful sunrises over the Atlantic was incredible! I had booked my stay at the Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six several months in advance at a special rate for a business convention. A few hours before arriving, I decided that instead of staying in the lower level outside rooms that my special rate included, I would really like to be in the tower with a room facing the ocean - BUT keep my original rate. They did that and more! They also extended to me, at no additional cost, the hospitality package of turn-down service each evening with delicious chocolates and a morning newspaper delivered to my door. As a single woman in my mid 60's traveling alone, I truly appreciated the excellent service and friendliness of the staff. I will return to the Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six anytime I'm in Ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Request the tower east facing for the beautiful sunrises!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
What a pleasure reading the title "Superior service"! Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. We are pleased the team was able to offer you a special upgrade package so you can enjoy your stay while working at the convention. Sunrises are still breathtaking even for us who live here year round (OK, we do not always get up so early) so we could not be happier you were able to share in the experience. We truly appreciate your compliments about our team and will share them with everyone. We hope you will visit us again for more gorgeous views from your room at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six.
clinton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel has a very wonderful staff! From the valet clerk to the bellman, the receptionist,the room service, housekeeping and security were all very friendly and helpful! We stayed here during a convention and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Our view was gorgeous overlooking the boats and we could see the ocean! My little girl loved the swimming pool!!! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six and for your great review. We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was there to assist in every way they can creating a memorable experience. We hope to see you again in the future!
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have stayed several times at this Hyatt this summer and have been very happy with my experience. My room was very clean and I had a beautiful view of the water. I used to stay at the Hilton where housekeeping was very loud. I love the quiet and peaceful atmosphere at the Hyatt. I love the nice bar and Riccardo the bartender has quickly become a favorite. He recommends fabulous food and wine. I read the other reviews and were frankly shocked. I will be staying there again in August.

Room Tip: request water view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and for making the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six your place every time you are in Fort Lauderdale. We are very happy to hear your experience is always exemplary and our team (particularly Riccardo!) exceeds your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in August for another peaceful and pleasant stay.
Easley, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here after a cruise and it was wonderful! Since it was a Monday, we were able to check in early (the weekends are very busy). I did some research before choosing this hotel and decided that the tower was what we wanted (great view of the pool area, marina, and cruise ships) and we couldn't have been more pleased with our entire experience. I was actually a little nervous about the hotel after reading some of the reviews on here, but most of the reviews of the tower rooms are good and that was why I selected a tower room. We were greeted at the curb and had a very quick and smooth check-in. Our room was in the upper tower and was beautiful, spacious, and very clean. The pool area is beautiful and the attendant was helpful (they provide towels for use at the pool or the beach, open and move umbrellas, provide water). Our pool side server, Carolina, was very attentive. While the food by the pool is a little pricey, it is great and very filling. We decided to eat our evening meal at the Lounge and had excellent recommendations and service from Adan. We had a few questions about some menu items and he had excellent knowledge of the entire menu and actually mentioned other items that weren't listed on the menu, which we ordered. The food was outstanding! Check out was easy and quick. They are in the process of renovating the entire hotel, so there may be some work going on around the area, but nothing that would disturb those in the tower especially. I did book the room directly through their website and had no issues. Their prices are great for what you get. We've stayed at the nearby Embassy Suites in the past, and while I have no complaints about that hotel, our stay at the Hyatt Pier 66 was much better.

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower are wonderful and the upper level rooms have a great view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your review about your post cruise stay at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. Thank you for choosing us despite being a little hesitant. "Excellent" in the subject line means we exceeded your expectations and we cannot be happier you enjoyed your accommodations with views of the intracoastal and Fort Lauderdale area and that our team (thank you for highlighting our team members, Carolina and Adan!) made you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. We hope you will return to the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six in the future.

Been to Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six? Share your experiences!