“An elegant and enjoyable visit.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #51 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
clinton
“An elegant and enjoyable visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a very wonderful staff! From the valet clerk to the bellman, the receptionist,the room service, housekeeping and security were all very friendly and helpful! We stayed here during a convention and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Our view was gorgeous overlooking the boats and we could see the ocean! My little girl loved the swimming pool!!! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2014
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six and for your great review. We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was there to assist in every way they can creating a memorable experience. We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (724)
  • Greek first
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have stayed several times at this Hyatt this summer and have been very happy with my experience. My room was very clean and I had a beautiful view of the water. I used to stay at the Hilton where housekeeping was very loud. I love the quiet and peaceful atmosphere at the Hyatt. I love the nice bar and Riccardo the bartender has quickly become a favorite. He recommends fabulous food and wine. I read the other reviews and were frankly shocked. I will be staying there again in August.

Room Tip: request water view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and for making the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six your place every time you are in Fort Lauderdale. We are very happy to hear your experience is always exemplary and our team (particularly Riccardo!) exceeds your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in August for another peaceful and pleasant stay.
Easley, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here after a cruise and it was wonderful! Since it was a Monday, we were able to check in early (the weekends are very busy). I did some research before choosing this hotel and decided that the tower was what we wanted (great view of the pool area, marina, and cruise ships) and we couldn't have been more pleased with our entire experience. I was actually a little nervous about the hotel after reading some of the reviews on here, but most of the reviews of the tower rooms are good and that was why I selected a tower room. We were greeted at the curb and had a very quick and smooth check-in. Our room was in the upper tower and was beautiful, spacious, and very clean. The pool area is beautiful and the attendant was helpful (they provide towels for use at the pool or the beach, open and move umbrellas, provide water). Our pool side server, Carolina, was very attentive. While the food by the pool is a little pricey, it is great and very filling. We decided to eat our evening meal at the Lounge and had excellent recommendations and service from Adan. We had a few questions about some menu items and he had excellent knowledge of the entire menu and actually mentioned other items that weren't listed on the menu, which we ordered. The food was outstanding! Check out was easy and quick. They are in the process of renovating the entire hotel, so there may be some work going on around the area, but nothing that would disturb those in the tower especially. I did book the room directly through their website and had no issues. Their prices are great for what you get. We've stayed at the nearby Embassy Suites in the past, and while I have no complaints about that hotel, our stay at the Hyatt Pier 66 was much better.

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower are wonderful and the upper level rooms have a great view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your review about your post cruise stay at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. Thank you for choosing us despite being a little hesitant. "Excellent" in the subject line means we exceeded your expectations and we cannot be happier you enjoyed your accommodations with views of the intracoastal and Fort Lauderdale area and that our team (thank you for highlighting our team members, Carolina and Adan!) made you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. We hope you will return to the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Such a huge let down. There is no beautiful marina outside of my window. The room is old and disgusting. The bath tub has mold all over it. Huge disappointment and let down. It's not updated, it's disgusting. I paid nearly $200 for my room and it was a complete waste of money. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014
We appreciate your review and candid comments about your recent stay. We regret to hear you were disappointed with your accommodations and we will make sure to pass on the comments to the team. We are currently focusing on improving the mechanical and cosmetic aspects of all the guest rooms. Our marina renovations will be completed in mid October and then all the rooms facing the marina will again offer the view of the docks and yachts. Please feel free to share any additional comments with us at iwona.reveliotis@hyatt.com.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Make sure you request a room in the tower when booking here or you will be staying in the very old section that has all tile floors, dirty old furniture and a musty smelling room & a viiew of a volleyball net. This section is separate from the main building with outside rooms. NEVER again!!

Room Tip: See above regarding selecting a room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay our hotel. We apologize your were disappointed with the room condition. All our rooms are getting a makeover at this time in order to improve their standard and overall comfort for our guests. We hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please contact us directly if we can assist with your preferred room location.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband and I decided to book a last min hotel stay for our anniversary. We brought our daughter with us and figured we'd make it a family night out. We were hoping for a room with a view of the port so she could see the ships but instead we have a lovely view of a red jeep and construction in the parking lot. When we asked the front desk if it was possible to switch to another room, she advised the hotel was sold out. Mind you we booked the room less than an hour before checking in. To add to the disappointment the room has a king bed. So at 7 months pregnant, I'm sharing a bed with a 4 yo who kicks and rolls all over; which is why I'm up at almost 1 a.m. writing this review. :)

Came here hoping for a relaxing lovely night out but turns out I would have better off staying home.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify exactly what you want when booking.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit. Our deepest apologies we were unable to offer you another room so you and your family could really enjoy the special day in your life. Congratulations on your pregnancy and best wishes for many more anniversaries in love and happiness! We hope you will give us another chance in the future so we can offer you an amazing stay. If we can be of any further assistance please contat us at iwona.reveliotis@hyatt.com. Thank you.
Cary, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My wife & I stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 several times when we cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale. This time was no exception, & we made plans to spend another day or so after the cruise. Unfortunately my wife had an accident while leaving the ship & had to be hospitalized. I stayed at the Hyatt 66 while she was in the hospital. I can't tell you how wonderful everyone at the Hyatt 66 was to me & to my wife. Evan at the front dest made my life bearable. He looked after every thing I needed & kept checking on me & my wife, along with the other front desk people. Evan went beyond anything I expected. Chef Mario made sure I was eating correctly & kept coming out to see how I was. He even cooked special dishes for me & my wife. I can't thank him enough. Teri at the buffet made us feel comfortable & at home. She kissed my wife when she was able to come to breakfast. Where does that happen at any other hotel? Last but not least, the bellmen, who showed such concern & were very helpful any way they could. We will make Hyatt Pier66 our home whenever we come back to Florida. Many, Many thanks again.
Dr.Marvin Handler

Room Tip: Just come & enjoy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We were sorry to hear about your wife's accident but at the same time what a pleasure to read your review about your stay at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. We hope and trust your wife is feeling much better by now and are very pleased our team did everything they could to help ease the experience and will make sure Evan, Chef Mario, Teri and the bellmen are commended for their attentiveness and service. Thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six over the years and we look foward to seeing you again when you return to Fort Lauderdale.

Been to Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six? Share your experiences!